Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

1) Are there any large groups that typically visit the first and second week of December?
I have not heard of any. The 2 weeks following Thanksgiving are the lowest attendance weeks.

2) The Fantasia buildings are "preferred" and $10/extra because they are closest to the bus stop and the food court?
Yes, but not worth it in my opinion. The way the resort is laid out Dalmatians is the same distance, and Toy Story is barely any further. I have stayed in Herbie twice. It is real easy to cut through the fantasia buildings to access services. The only "far" buildings are Mighty Ducks. THye are closer to the All Star Music Bus Stop than the ASMo Bus Stop.

3) Do they add an extra charge in a preferred room if you request a king size bed?
Call the front desk and ask (Phone # is on the first post) I really don't know.

4) How often do the buses come by to pick up? We've never stayed on site and I am concerned about waiting a long time for a bus with a very excited little girl!
The stock answer is every 20 minutes. THe real answer is "it depends" THe busses are not on a set route. THe entire system is an on-demand system. WHen they know lots of people will be waiting, they double stack the busses. ASMo typically gets it's own busses, while sports and music have to share. During low season all three share bus routes.

If you wanted to get some late night snacks to keep in your room (chips, candy bars, etc) can these be found at the gift shop?
Yes. The gift shop has snacks. THe food court is open till midnight.

Who delivers the pizza to the room? Is it the hotel itself, or a national vendor, like Pizza Hut?
Food Court

I am considering taking my kids next august. I want to stay in toy story or dalmations and would be rather disappointed to be put into herbie or mighty ducks. I would be willing to pay extra for guaranteed location, which I guess only happens with the fantasia building. If I were to book a standard room and request toy story or dalmations and then find they are both fully booked when I arrived, what would be my chances of upgrading at check in to fantasia - I would be paying the difference? Is fantasia generally less or more booked up than the rest of the resort?

Question, I have an 11 yr old son in a wheelchair. Which building makes the most sense for us? Non smoking of course. We asked for Toy Story but if thats not the best I'll switch. Thanks everyone.

Is the arcade a full blown arcade? Is it tokens or quarters that you have to insert?

We were there a few weeks ago and the kids checked out the arcade for a few minutes our last day. It had a couple of air hockey tables and some skee ball. There was a double row of arcade/video games down the middle and a row on each wall. It wasn't huge, but it was fairly nice. The games give tickets and you redeem them for prizes. I hope that helps.

marcyinPA said:
How difficult was it to change buildings to connecting rooms? Did they give you a hard time? We are traveling with another family, and we both reserved two rooms for our large families. We requested connecting rooms (so two sets of connecting rooms) in Toy Story. I wonder if they'll be able to fulfill our request? We leave in 11 days! :Pinkbounc

marcyinPA,

They didn't give me a hard time at all. I just went up to the desk (spoke with the same person that checked me in) and told her that we had requested connecting rooms and didn't get them. She picked up the phone and called the room assignment people and it was done, just like that. :banana: Very simple. I got the idea that if it is doable, they will do it. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to ask for a move if you don't get what you want at first.

Good luck and have a great time! :cool1:

:wizard: Hey Everyone

I am travelling to WDW in December and am staying at All Star Movies. Can anyone give me some rooms numbers which you think are the best. I know that I may not be able to get exactly what I want, however it would really help if I had some idea. I have seen that many have recommended Buss & Woody, we really have no preference as I am sure that we will hardly be in our rooms anyway as we have limited time. Basically, just looking for a room that is well located to buses and food etc but also won't be too noisy for the short period of time we will get some sleep.

I travelling with two other friends (we are all adults) from Australia and any information would be great. We have limited information here and I have found these discussion boards great.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps mates!! :moped: :rotfl2:

mmm said:

I am travelling to WDW in December and am staying at All Star Movies. Can anyone give me some rooms numbers which you think are the best. I know that I may not be able to get exactly what I want, however it would really help if I had some idea. I have seen that many have recommended Buss & Woody, we really have no preference as I am sure that we will hardly be in our rooms anyway as we have limited time. Basically, just looking for a room that is well located to buses and food etc but also won't be too noisy for the short period of time we will get some sleep.

I travelling with two other friends (we are all adults) from Australia and any information would be great. We have limited information here and I have found these discussion boards great.

We were in room 1942, 3rd floor Dalmations 1 (Pongo) and it was all the things you mentioned. It was quiet, convenient and clean. It was around the corner from the elevator and faced a sort of grassy area across from Mighty Ducks so the view was nothing to look at but we didn't stick around to look out at the view anyway. It was a 2 minute walk to the main pool and food court, it was closer than some of the rooms in Fantasia I believe. I had Dalmations or Toy Story requested on my ressie, but when we checked in, the CM gave me 1st floor Mighty Ducks. I asked if maybe she might check to see if there was a 3rd floor non smoking Dalmation room and she made a phone call and we got exactly what I wanted and it was ready for us right then and there at 1:30pm.
Good luck and enjoy!

mmm said:

We were in 1862 & 1863 Dalmations - 2nd Floor Building 1 (I think it was Pongo - it's the one on the right.) Great location looking out across the courtyard right above the TV with the little Dalmation. It was a great location. Much better than our first location which was at the very end of the backside of Toy Story - Ask for a Courtyard View and you should be happy. ;)

I have a few questions about ASMo....
1) DId they get rid of the soap/shampoo dispensers in the showers yet?

2) Can you store your luggage under the beds?

3) Are there fridges in all the rooms yet? I read all the Disney resorts were getting them with the values being the last.

4) Does anyone know of a link where I could find the prices for the McD's across the street?

Thanks!

Jennifer. :flower:

deadhedjen said:
I have a few questions about ASMo....
1) DId they get rid of the soap/shampoo dispensers in the showers yet?

3) Are there fridges in all the rooms yet? I read all the Disney resorts were getting them with the values being the last.

4) Does anyone know of a link where I could find the prices for the McD's across the street?

Thanks!

Jennifer. :flower:
As of our trip 9/28-10/4:

1. No. No soap or shampoo dispensers. Still bar soap and bottled shampoo.

2. We didn't attempt to store luggage under the bed. It didn't seem that it would fit. There was ample space near the tv stand/dresser and on a luggage rack near the sink.

3. No fridges as of our stay.

4. Sorry, can't answer that one! I was happy to avoid McD's since we had the dining plan!

Have a great trip!

deadhedjen said:

There is room under the beds. THey are typical frames, but you don't need it really with the area in the closet.

The McD's prices are consistent with McD's in other tourist areas (Vail Colorado for example). You will pay a premium, but not all that bad. BTW there is no play area. THe outside looks really cool, but the inside does not have a playplace like other McD's

I am going to WDW in December, 10th to 17th with my 2 year old granddaughter and she likes dalmations and toy story which would be the best building in either of these and the best view request and should I request an upper floor. Any specific room numbers? I just want it to be really special.

I like the courtyard view. Do NOT request specific room numbers. The likelyhood of getting them is very low. I would do something like

1) Courtyard
2) Bldg 1 (Pongo) or 10 (Buzz)
3) Third Floor
4) Closer to Cinema Hall

If you are going for Buzz you may want near the elevator rather than near cinema hall. The view in to the courtyard is better near the elevators.

Call 4 days out and ask the CM to read to you what is in the reservation. Don't tip them off to your preferences. If they can read it back it is in there, if not, someone left it out.

ChairborneRangr said:
Call 4 days out and ask the CM to read to you what is in the reservation. Don't tip them off to your preferences. If they can read it back it is in there, if not, someone left it out.

We had our preferences on our ressie...4 rooms in Toy Story, 2 sets adjoining. We called 3 days prior to double check. We were told "yes, that is what we have you in. Everything is all set". Get to check-in, and guess what? No adjoining rooms, and 2 rooms in one building, 2 rooms in another. What a fiasco trying to change rooms. Finally got changed to 4 in row in one building, but only two rooms adjoining. It's the best they could do. Lesson learned: there is NEVER a guarantee, even if they tell you everything is all set!

Marcy

Hi Stephen! I'm looking forward to my first stay @ ASMO as well...I am booking at a great rate at the end of August and would like to know is this a good resort for couples? And whats the best building for a quiet king bedroom? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter