Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

bump... staying at ASMO 10-22 to 10-27-05

Lizzybee said:
I decided to call them myself and got the answer, yes they do have buckets and ice.

Sorry...

Yes they do. the ice machines are in an alchove behind the elevator on each floor of each building.

AllStarRoomLayout.jpg

We just got back from ASMo today (9/6/05). At first, we were in the Toy Story section, but were moved because we didn't get our requested connecting room. The room in Toy Story was a bit worn, I have to say. I was relieved when we arrived at our room in Dalmatians. It appeared that they were just completing a renovation. In fact, they painted the bones on the concrete the first couple of days were were there and appeared to finish up their work before Labor Day.

Also, I noticed that during our stay, the soap/shampoo dispenser in our room was removed and was replaced with actual soap and shampoo! I guess they did it while we were in the parks!

I found the Dalmatians section to be much more **** and span than Toy Story. I'm sure Toy Story's renovation is on it's way soon! :earsboy:

Sayleaway said:
Not sure why it replaced "*****" with four asterisks ?!? :confused3

because taken by itself it is a derogatory word for a person of Latino heritage. obviously not the usage you intended, but search and substitute does not know from context.

So, no refrigerators in the values yet huh? Heard that might be coming and was hoping it would be true for our trip next month.

Thanks!

$10/day unless you have medication that needs to be refrigerated. Then it is free.

BTW they do not verify (at least the times my friend with Diabetes has gone)

Wow! This is pretty much everything you need to know about ASM resort... Thanks so much!!! We are thinking about staying in Building 10 - on the third floor and we have a two year old. Are there elevators? I have stayed there before but I can't remember. We just came back from Pop century and I would not go back. Too many people - not enough space in the food court and not enough busses. We have always loved the movies resort... Thanks for your help!

Thanks so much for the elevator information - I should have looked at the map first :) Does anyone know if there are any trick-or-treat activities at Disneyworld other than the Halloween Party (Extra fee)? We will be there for Halloween and I would love for my two year old to be able to trick or treat.

Thanks so much!

Sayleaway said:
We just got back from ASMo today (9/6/05). At first, we were in the Toy Story section, but were moved because we didn't get our requested connecting room. The room in Toy Story was a bit worn, I have to say. I was relieved when we arrived at our room in Dalmatians. It appeared that they were just completing a renovation. In fact, they painted the bones on the concrete the first couple of days were were there and appeared to finish up their work before Labor Day.

Also, I noticed that during our stay, the soap/shampoo dispenser in our room was removed and was replaced with actual soap and shampoo! I guess they did it while we were in the parks!

I found the Dalmatians section to be much more **** and span than Toy Story. I'm sure Toy Story's renovation is on it's way soon! :earsboy:

How difficult was it to change buildings to connecting rooms? Did they give you a hard time? We are traveling with another family, and we both reserved two rooms for our large families. We requested connecting rooms (so two sets of connecting rooms) in Toy Story. I wonder if they'll be able to fulfill our request? We leave in 11 days! :Pinkbounc

I have always gotten the rooms I have requested. I found that the secret is to send a fax to the Room Assignor for the hotel about 3 days before you get there and choose 3 different sets of rooms to choose from. If you do that - you are bound to get one of the three sets of adjoining. It has always worked for me..... I have very few bad things to say about the staff in Disney. Have fun and good luck!

we've stayed at ASMo twice now, both times in the dalmations block, both stays have been magical!!!!
scan0022.jpg

scan0025.jpg

scan0023.jpg

I think I'm sold on ASMo!

Just a few questions...

1) Are there any large groups that typically visit the first and second week of December?

2) The Fantasia buildings are "preferred" and $10/extra because they are closest to the bus stop and the food court?

3) Do they add an extra charge in a preferred room if you request a king size bed?

4) How often do the buses come by to pick up? We've never stayed on site and I am concerned about waiting a long time for a bus with a very excited little girl!

oooh--I also forgot...

Can anyone tell me if and how they decorate for Christmas?

If you wanted to get some late night snacks to keep in your room (chips, candy bars, etc) can these be found at the gift shop?

Who delivers the pizza to the room? Is it the hotel itself, or a national vendor, like Pizza Hut?

The pizza comes from the food court at the All Star Movies.... It's pretty good, especially when you are tired from a day at the park and they deliver it to your room!!!

We are going the week around Easter (the 14th to the 21st of April - Easter is the 16th). We have reservations for ASMo (connecting rooms) and were looking for a building close to the bus stop away from the pool area (too much noise). The CM recommended the Toy Story building - is this a good choice? We have two girls who will be 4 and 2 the time of the trip. Would the Dalmation building be any better/worse? They are more into them than Toy Story but it's not that big of a deal to us either way. Thanks...

amsafko said:
We are going the week around Easter (the 14th to the 21st of April - Easter is the 16th). We have reservations for ASMo (connecting rooms) and were looking for a building close to the bus stop away from the pool area (too much noise). The CM recommended the Toy Story building - is this a good choice? We have two girls who will be 4 and 2 the time of the trip. Would the Dalmation building be any better/worse? They are more into them than Toy Story but it's not that big of a deal to us either way. Thanks...

I would choos Bldg 1 (Pongo) or Bldg 10 (Buzz Lightyear)

My personal preference is Buzz, because the courtyard is just so darn cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!