Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I booked the Movies for a few nights in December. (We haven't been there for many years) One of my complaints about the All Stars was that they made people walk through horrible smoking areas in order to get to the Food Court or buses. Is this still a problem there?

The map doesn't make it look good, but the smoking areas are off the main paths, not on them as it looks. They are also mostly surrounded by bushes that further help to block it off. I was in Toy Story in February and there were almost always people smoking on the one between there and the food court back door and I never really noticed the smell or smoke. And I have asthma that is triggered by cigarette smoke, so I'm pretty sensitive to it.

Just came back from a 6 night stay at ASMo (23-29) so I'd just like to share our experience. It was our first time at this resort (but not our first time at a value). I thought it was great and absolutely would stay again.

We were in the Mighty Ducks section, probably one of the furthest rooms from our lobby. We used the ASMu buses instead, which worked out fabulously. I would rather stay in our room that was extremely close to the ASMu buses than pay for a preferred room. It was so quiet and peaceful in our corner. We got an accessible room, even thought it wasn't needed, so there was no murphy bed or table. It was just bf and I so we appreciated the king bed. They were doing some work on the hockey puck sign over the walkway to the mighty ducks section.

Our bus service was only shared on two rides during the middle of the day. Aside from a half hour wait for a HS bus one morning, the bus service was prompt overall.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I must have missed this- but what is a "queen table bed?". We are two ladies, and need two beds.

I'm sorry I must have missed this- but what is a "queen table bed?". We are two ladies, and need two beds.
It's a murphy bed. When folded up into the wall, it forms a 2-seat table, and folds down to a queen size bed. The mattress is the same as the regular bed.

Just left 5 nights In Fantasia #8

No fans. I brought a small one and put it on the dresser. It worked nicely for air and noise. The TV is mounted high enough for the fan 10 in maybe to sit under it.

The “Cooler- Freg” kept our drinks very cold.
Not a fan of the little coffee maker. I cleaned it with Clorox wipes and ran several batches of just water through it before using it. But it wasn’t very good coffee. ( I am not a coffee snob).

Overall the updates are great. I was very impressed and happy. I’ll be happy to stay here again. Hope it holds up well over time.

I did not really love the food court. But we didn’t use it a lot
Cheese burger -just okay
Pepperoni Pizza slice with salad 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Last edited:

Thank you. Is Uber/Lyft easy to use if we didn't want to deal with bus? Will they come to your building or where the bus comes?

Thank you. Is Uber/Lyft easy to use if we didn't want to deal with bus? Will they come to your building or where the bus comes?
Uber and Lyft are super easy to use. I suggest lyft just because we’ve gotten good discounts with them. If you sign up now and download the app you might get a promo code during your trip. They can pick you up at the front of the resort but sometimes they’re able to pick you up at a certain building. You’ll be able to select a pick up point on the app

Just came back from a 6 night stay at ASMo (23-29) so I'd just like to share our experience. It was our first time at this resort (but not our first time at a value). I thought it was great and absolutely would stay again.

We were in the Mighty Ducks section, probably one of the furthest rooms from our lobby. We used the ASMu buses instead, which worked out fabulously. I would rather stay in our room that was extremely close to the ASMu buses than pay for a preferred room. It was so quiet and peaceful in our corner. We got an accessible room, even thought it wasn't needed, so there was no murphy bed or table. It was just DH and I so we appreciated the king bed. They were doing some work on the hockey puck sign over the walkway to the mighty ducks section.

Our bus service was only shared on two rides during the middle of the day. Aside from a half hour wait for a HS bus one morning, the bus service was prompt overall.
We just returned as well and it was also our first time staying at Movies. We were in Fantasia and loved the location however we were less than thrilled with mousekeeping. Did you have any issues? The floor was extremely dirty and the holder in the shower with shampoo etc. would not stay closed and we had to request the body wash be refilled. They never left us any new glasses or coffee cups but I always bring extra so it was okay, just a first for us, they usually replenish. We are passholders and go about 4-5 times a year, usually just long weekends, and this is the worse experience we have ever had, hoping it was just an off weekend. We were at Pop in July and had no issues whatsoever. Since this was our first time at Movies, just wondering if anyone else had problems. We decided not to worry about skipping mousekeeping for the gift card as it would have just been $20 and for that, I'd rather come back to a clean room with fresh supplies. Next time I'll take the card!

Last edited:
Hi there. Looking at this resort for the end of Jan. What is the latest with the redone rooms? What sections are completed? This would be a first time stay for us. Thanks!

Hi there. Looking at this resort for the end of Jan. What is the latest with the redone rooms? What sections are completed? This would be a first time stay for us. Thanks!

Buildings 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all done. Building 5 (Fantasia) is still being worked on. It should be done by January.

What type air conditioning system do they have here? Is it motion activated so that it goes off during the night & gets warm? Can you set it as low as you want & have it stay on continually? We have some health issues & need it to stay at 66 degrees at night & 70-ish during the day. Thanks so much!
I don't think it's motion activated. I set mine pretty cold because DD is a furnace, and I had to get up in the night for a blanket. It kept cycling back on even when there was no motion.

What is everyone's experience with security checks here? Does it seems you don't get afternoon ones if you accept mousekeeping? Thanks for your input!

What is everyone's experience with security checks here? Does it seems you don't get afternoon ones if you accept mousekeeping? Thanks for your input!

We are just leaving WDW today and stayed at ASM for the first part. We declined housekeeping at ASM as we stayed there for 9 nights. We only had one security check throughout the visit that we noticed. They knocked on the door and when answered they asked us if everything is ok and if we needed anything. If we needed anything we asked at the front desk or asked housekeeping in passing. We left any trash bins that were full outside our door when heading out to the parks and they were empty when we got back.

There are large wall-mounted bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the showers and a bar of soap for the sink.
Thank you for this info! I was just coming here to ask about bar soap. I prefer bar soap in the shower so it's good to know there's at least one for the sink that I can move over.

Not a fan of the little coffee maker. I cleaned it with Clorox wipes and ran several batches of just water through it before using it. But it wasn’t very good coffee. ( I am not a coffee snob).

Thanks for the review!

Does any know what kind of refills the mini-coffee makers take? Is it easy to get replacements from the front desk?

My MDE app says the ASMo food court opens at 7AM. Is this the earliest/easiest place to get [better than in-room] coffee at this resort?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter