Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We just booked our trip for next May. I haven't stayed at ASMo for several years so I'm looking forward to the refurbed rooms, they seem nice! Has anyone been in the accessible rooms? Taking my 85 year old mom this time and she can walk short distances, only issues are high beds and high tubs!

What have your recent experiences with the busses been? I understand the 3 All Stars share the busses and Movies is the last stop. Are there long waits to catch the bus in the morning and on the way back from the parks?

I've stayed at All Star Movies twice, and only once time did I get on a shared bus out of all the times I rode buses. It was at about 6am for a MK merch event. The vast majority of the time, they all have dedicated buses, especially during busy times like park open and close. Your biggest chance of getting a shared bus is going to be at a slow time of the day.

I'm looking at my options for a late October/early November trip this fall. Moderate and Pop prices have gotten out of hand, so I'm considering a stay at AS Movies. I noticed some of the renovation dates are open ended while a lot of them show they will be done this summer or early fall. Any thoughts on whether or not most of the renovated rooms will be done by the end of October? I loved the renovated rooms at Pop and it looks like these are very similar. TIA!

Hello. I'm new here please be gently. :wave:

I have been trying to book an All star resort for 4/30/20-5/2/20 since last week. All all-stars show unavailable. Am I doing something wrong? Others seem to have been able to book these resorts for next year.

Thanks.

What have your recent experiences with the busses been? I understand the 3 All Stars share the busses and Movies is the last stop. Are there long waits to catch the bus in the morning and on the way back from the parks?
We just returned from a 6 night stay at ASMo a few weeks ago. The buses were literally perfect. We never waited more than 5 minutes and I think only shared once- one morning when the bus arrived there were some people from a previous pickup. The app helps you know exactly when the bus will arrive in the mornings. Pick ups were great at night as well. They run often both mornings and night. Now- we ride during the peak times probably- get to the parks for rope drop and come home after night show/fireworks- but we seriously could not have asked for better bus service (or a better stay at a resort either).
We love ASMo

We just returned from a 6 night stay at ASMo a few weeks ago. The buses were literally perfect. We never waited more than 5 minutes and I think only shared once- one morning when the bus arrived there were some people from a previous pickup. The app helps you know exactly when the bus will arrive in the mornings. Pick ups were great at night as well. They run often both mornings and night. Now- we ride during the peak times probably- get to the parks for rope drop and come home after night show/fireworks- but we seriously could not have asked for better bus service (or a better stay at a resort either).
We love ASMo
Heading for our 3rd ASMo visit. We never had an issue with the bus on any of our trips there. We DID have issues at WL in 2014. But good to hear you had a great experience.

Staying in ASM with my girlfriend and parents for a big Disney double date on the second week of September! I personally am super excited because I haven't stayed in ASM since I was like...a kid in high school (I'm not that old though, just saying lol). Glad to hear the buses are still pretty seamless and efficient. I shouldn't expect any craziness in early September at ASM, right?

Also we didn't book preferred rooms for ASM for our stay, and with the renovations I'm pretty positive by the time we'll go we shouldn't have to...but does anyone else have any opinions or updates? I know this question has been asked before many times so apologies if it seems repetitive, I just think the estimate of completion time for most of the standard rooms should be okay by September...I hope haha!

Staying in ASM with my girlfriend and parents for a big Disney double date on the second week of September! I personally am super excited because I haven't stayed in ASM since I was like...a kid in high school (I'm not that old though, just saying lol). Glad to hear the buses are still pretty seamless and efficient. I shouldn't expect any craziness in early September at ASM, right?

Also we didn't book preferred rooms for ASM for our stay, and with the renovations I'm pretty positive by the time we'll go we shouldn't have to...but does anyone else have any opinions or updates? I know this question has been asked before many times so apologies if it seems repetitive, I just think the estimate of completion time for most of the standard rooms should be okay by September...I hope haha!
I think the Love Bug section is complete. Ive stayed at asmo in June & September, in Fantasia both times. Both great stays! Have fun!!!

Both love bug buildings are finished and the two mighty ducks buildings are being worked on. I did see some people staying in one of the mighty ducks buildings today but they looked like renovated rooms. So you shouldn’t have any problems in a standard room

We are thinking of booking All Star Movies for February 15th through 21st. However I am a bit worried about the South American tour groups during this time. Is it really bad at this resort during that time?

Is it really bad at this resort during that time?
It can be-really no way to predict how many 15s will be at a particular Resort at a particular time.

In February it will be all Argentina 15s.

I wouldn't worry too much-it is nothing like July.

One good thing about your dates-no Cheer/Dance competitions.

I think the Love Bug section is complete. Ive stayed at asmo in June & September, in Fantasia both times. Both great stays! Have fun!!!

Hurray!! Thank you for replying and we can't wait!!! :hyper:

Both love bug buildings are finished and the two mighty ducks buildings are being worked on. I did see some people staying in one of the mighty ducks buildings today but they looked like renovated rooms. So you shouldn’t have any problems in a standard room

Hey thanks for the update! This is fantastic news for us! Ever since we saw the pics of the newly renovated rooms, we really have been hoping and anticipating the standards to be completed--or at least most of them. That's great to hear that progress hasn't stalled, and I'm glad you're there for a eyes-on update!

We are thinking of booking All Star Movies for February 15th through 21st. However I am a bit worried about the South American tour groups during this time. Is it really bad at this resort during that time?

My dates will probably be close to eriders - Feb 24th to March 5th. I´m brazilian, but since my tour group is rather small (only my family, actually), I wanna stay away from the big groups of my fellow countrymen (or countryteens) :laughing: I guess I´ll be relatively safe from them.
I checked every possible cheer and dance competition website and I could only find the "Contest of Champions National Dance Competition" falling right on my dates... how bad is it, resort-wise?

Have Pop booked for Aug 18-20, but considering moving to ASMo since the Skyliner won't be open. Anyone know of large groups/events that week? We do not enjoy 11 pm cheer practice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!