Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Planning a 16 night stay for beginning of August. My daughter is obsessed with Toy Story right now and she fell in love when I saw her the photos. With that being said I am scared to book ASM because if we do not get a renovated room we would have to ask for a transfer to pop century hotel due to the fact that my daughter Is still in a crib and my wife and I will not fit on a double bed. The room is tiny and she also has a scooter. We can't use a handicap room either because we need a bath tube my daughter is terrified of the shower she's only 2. Needless to say I don't know if we should take the gamble and pray we get a renovated room. I have stayed at Pop the last 3 years and I am tired of it to be honest, need a change.

Thinking of staying in November. We're usually loyal to Pop, but I can come in a night earlier for barely anything. What is the percentage of rooms that are estimated to be done by November?

So we just booked for 11 days at christmas Dec 23-Jan3. I was wondering if anyone knew if most rooms would be redone by then? We usually stay at Pop or DVC, but waited far too long to book and this was the choice, but the kids are thrilled and I'm happy to save a bit of money:) Also what sections are better? I did not book preferred only due to having a code and the price difference was about $21 a night, I figured we could use that to cover the parking(ugh!) Thanks to everyone!!

So we just booked for 11 days at christmas Dec 23-Jan3. I was wondering if anyone knew if most rooms would be redone by then? We usually stay at Pop or DVC, but waited far too long to book and this was the choice, but the kids are thrilled and I'm happy to save a bit of money:) Also what sections are better? I did not book preferred only due to having a code and the price difference was about $21 a night, I figured we could use that to cover the parking(ugh!) Thanks to everyone!!

We're going in November, and have been pretty loyal to Pop for the last few years! I'm hoping we get a refurbished room as well, because then I won't feel so bad about cheating on Pop lol.

We're going in November, and have been pretty loyal to Pop for the last few years! I'm hoping we get a refurbished room as well, because then I won't feel so bad about cheating on Pop lol.
The kids and my DH are so excited, me I'm getting there...slowly! Anyway I'm still checking hoping something comes back up for Pop. I already have the date circled for next year of when we need to do DVC, because I kind of miss hot tubs:love:. We'll have a great time anyway, it would just be nice to have a refurbed room, here's to the room gods:worship:.

Pop is our "home" resort too. We are at Pop now for our 14th stay. Now that I have a Herbie car I may have to switch to ASMo permanently. I will be staying there in March for a Herbie meet up. I've stayed there twice before and have enjoyed the movie theming.

I think the official word from Disney is that the resort will be fully refurbished by February 2019. And I know they're doing the preferred sections first, so it's really anyone's guess whether or not you'll get a refurbished room. You can always request one and keep your fingers crossed!

Stayed at Sports before, and was going to in mid January, but now thinking of staying here since they'll have redone rooms. Depends on how fast they move along though. Would prefer Mighty Ducks so we can use movies/music buses/dining, but it doesn't seem like they'll be done by then. Having the queens would be nice.

Well tried to book today and Movies isnt available, had to book at Music and hope that Movies opens.

Has anyone who stayed recently noticed if the caricature artist is still in the food court area? He did my kids' pictures a few years ago, and I'd love to find him again to draw our pictures this fall.

Hi! Staying standard at ASMovies in late Aug. Thinking of requesting Mighty Ducks. Anyone have a particular room/location to recommend that makes it easy to get to both Music and Movies buses? Think pool facing is the way to go? I definitely do not want a connecting room! Thanks!

Has anyone who stayed recently noticed if the caricature artist is still in the food court area? He did my kids' pictures a few years ago, and I'd love to find him again to draw our pictures this fall.

We are not staying at ASMo, but visited last night because my kids desperately wanted to see the big statues. We ate in the food court and I noticed that the caricature artist was set up there.

It's been years since we've stayed here and have only stayed once, we usually stay at the other two, but thought it would be nice to stay here again. Can't wait!!

Can someone tell me where the soda machines (for refillable mugs) are located? Only in the food court?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!