• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's A Christmas Carol Train Tour - coming to a city near you this summer!!!

Thanks for the photo's, particularly of the wait time.

I have no desire to wait in line for 3 hours with a 17 month old and a very active 4 year old. It would be a miserable experience for everyone.

Thank you. We'll be prepared for a wait time. Here I was expecting to be one of the few who even knew about this event--I was more worried no one would turn out. I don't think we'll get quite the same response in Portland. If so I'll bring my mp3 layer and hope maybe to see and chat with some Dis board members ;-) The boy always has his hand held games. Thanks for the pictures--it does look like it's gonna be a great movie.

It will be interesting to see what the turn out is at the other stops along the way. I hope there are DIS members at each one to give us the scoop! ;)

I still plan on going, regardless. We live two hours from Portland so we'd have no shot at getting there early....but if I know ahead of time to plan for a wait and prepare my kids, it will still be a fun time!

Thanks for the photo's, particularly of the wait time.

I have no desire to wait in line for 3 hours with a 17 month old and a very active 4 year old. It would be a miserable experience for everyone.

:rotfl: I'm right there with you! I am not waiting that long to look at a train...but I am sure those who go will have fun :goodvibes

It will be interesting to see what the turn out is at the other stops along the way. I hope there are DIS members at each one to give us the scoop! ;)

I still plan on going, regardless. We live two hours from Portland so we'd have no shot at getting there early....but if I know ahead of time to plan for a wait and prepare my kids, it will still be a fun time!

We're encouraging folks in the destination cities to get on the boards and start making their own DIS Meets at the train. What a great way to see DISers and have some fun.

BTW - we went to review it for the podcast today and it was crazy busy. We felt bad for having VIP Press access, but it was wondeful having the train all to ourselves!

As a note -parents of small children should skip the movie preview or be prepared to have one parent do a "child swap". The scenes chosen for sneek peek are where Scrooge and his nephew Fred argue about the meaning of Christmas and then the scene where Scrooge meets Marley for the first time. These are both fairly intense scenes and extremely well done. My 4 and 2 yr olds had a hard time with it - Marley is very scary to a small child.

Grown-ups will enjoy this entire exhibit immensely - the only thing off-putting are the lines!

I plan on being at the Williams stop this coming Friday. Are there any other DISers that might try to make it then? I plan on trying to be there by 8 am, but it is a little drive, so that depends on the kiddos.

I just was in union station and insert lots of pain and suffering and walking and confusion and more frustration. This was a couple of weeks ago. I had to find a lot and it was just around the corner, yeah insert cussing and confussion.

I had to walk around a building and find an unmarked door then the elevator then got down stairs then walk about 3 to 4 blocks to the around the corner bus passes.

I chickened out at the thought of going there and with my scooter setting there in line if I could find the line. I would have to take two busses to get there and I know that it would have been impossible to find the spot for the train any how.

Three hours is a lot of time to see movie stuff. I could take a bus to DLR and back in 90 minutes and spend the 3 hours having fun and doing things. I cannot see how this event can be worth 3 hours wait.

Now the 1976 liberty train was very interesting and I did that in a wheelchair because of a broken ankle. I barely remember that but it was worth the very long waits. I went with my dad and his older brother then.

I went to the ACC train tour yesterday and waited a little more than 3 hrs. I still have my Scrooge & candy cane heart tatoos on my hands! (I was sad though that they ran out of the snowflake ones) I thought the train cars were pretty, especially on the inside and it still smell new! It was very interesting & I really enjoyed seeing the making of the movie. Oh and I couldn't believe that I knew one of the carolers! And the carolers that they hired were actually from the same company of carolers that sang at the GCH, I recognized 2 of them.
And how I agree w/ YellowMickeyPonchos on the movie preview. I couldn't believe how many young children were screaming and making a fuss, even in the non-scary parts. It was pretty annoying and irritating. But I can't wait for the movie to come out. Only 39 more cities for the train to visit...

I am planning on dragging the kids out of bed very early in the morning and head to Williams. I understand that the mayor is doing a "ribbon cutting." I will have my LG bagg on if anyone else is heading there tomorrow. I will report back on the attendance.

Well, I dragged my kids out of bed Friday morning exceptionally early and arrived in Williams at 7:30 am. We had some friends from Williams that we were planning on meeting there and wanted to arrive early; since, we didn't really know how many people would be showing up. The Grand Canyon Railway was still planning their regular train schedule, and there is little parking. The carolers started singing shortly after we got there. There was a ribbon cutting planned for 8 am. Williams is a very small town. Not much happens there, so this was a big deal. I was told that there are 10 stops on the tour during which they are not expecting a large turnout. Williams was one of them. They were expecting about 15,000 people for the entire weekend. We are actually planning to go back early tomorrow morning to take DH who had to work on Friday. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was blown away by the attention to detail in this exhibit. It was worth the drive to see the details of how this movie was put together!!! My kids enjoyed the train so much that they had to go back through a second time on Friday. I would highly recommend going; especially, if you can make it to one of the less populated stops. If I had been in LA, I don't think that I could have justified the wait, but the Williams stop was perfect!!! 2 thumbs from the 4 kids and 2 adults in our group!!!

I wish I could go see it. But it will be in our area while I'm out of the state and on vacation. Figures.

Here's the report from our visit to the stop in Denver:

http://www.squidoo.com/Disneys-Christmas-Carol-Train-Tour

Thanks for the review! We were actually in Denver visiting our son and his family and were goin gto the Aquarium that Saturday and drove by the train. I wanted to see it, but son didn't want to wait :(. If anyone gets an AMTRAK coupon they don't want, I'd love to have one..we travel by train alot (love it!)

* bumping * for those who might not know about the tour and dates/times of stops

See post on first page for complete information.

I went to this when it came to the bay area. I happend to love it. the kids.. not so much.. actually they though it was a waste of thier time. Twins are 13...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter