Disneyquest - good for a non-park day?

Disney Dad Canada

Passing on my Disney obsession to my 3 kids, and a
Planning our next trip, and one of the places we've never done is Disneyquest. I've read a few reviews online, but thought I'd ask opinions here.

My kids will be 11, 8 and 8 on our next trip. They still like Chuck E Cheese, and I'm assuming it's a bigger, Disney themed version of a place like that.

Since it's Dec 31st - Jan 11th, I'm trying to plan for alternatives if it's too cold to swim.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I've been a couple of times, but only once to Chuck E. Cheese and that was years ago. If CEC is still the same, then I don't think DisneyQuest is very similar. It's full of arcade games, with a few bigger games (bumper cars, virtual rides, etc.). There's an entry fee, but it's included if you're an annual passholder. There's a nice little cafe where you can sit in the cool, dark and semi-quiet, if you want to get away from the blinking lights, beeps, boops, and bells.

I've been a couple of times, but only once to Chuck E. Cheese and that was years ago. If CEC is still the same, then I don't think DisneyQuest is very similar. It's full of arcade games, with a few bigger games (bumper cars, virtual rides, etc.). There's an entry fee, but it's included if you're an annual passholder. There's a nice little cafe where you can sit in the cool, dark and semi-quiet, if you want to get away from the blinking lights, beeps, boops, and bells.

It's only included with the premium annual pass isn't it?

Would my kids be too small then? I'm sure my son and I would love it, but I'm worried about my girls.

We just got back from Disneyquest. We were there for about 2 + hours. There's plenty to do if you are into video games. There were times when some guests would not give up a machine to give a turn to someone else.

I wouldn't count on Disneyquest taking up most of your day, but if you or your family are into video games it could take 5 hours or so. Also, some of the games are more sophisticated meaning they are big and interactive with other guests.

Hope you have a good time.

We just got back from Disneyquest. We were there for about 2 + hours. There's plenty to do if you are into video games. There were times when some guests would not give up a machine to give a turn to someone else.

I wouldn't count on Disneyquest taking up most of your day, but if you or your family are into video games it could take 5 hours or so. Also, some of the games are more sophisticated meaning they are big and interactive with other guests.

Hope you have a good time.

I'm thinking of doing it on our arrival day, as we're usually too tired to do much of anything.

Thanks for the advice.

It's only included with the premium annual pass isn't it?

Would my kids be too small then? I'm sure my son and I would love it, but I'm worried about my girls.

I'm a premier passholder, which includes DisneyQuest, but I'm sorry I don't know anything about the other passes. I think there's an add-on to a regular ticket package that includes it and the water parks, too.

There is a really fun area where you can create art that your girls might enjoy. You can decorate virtual cakes, things like that.

I'm a premier passholder, which includes DisneyQuest, but I'm sorry I don't know anything about the other passes. I think there's an add-on to a regular ticket package that includes it and the water parks, too.

There is a really fun area where you can create art that your girls might enjoy. You can decorate virtual cakes, things like that.

Thanks. My girls are only 7, but they are gamer girls big time. They like Little Big Planet (1 and 2), Mario Cart, Bomberman just to name a few.

Just last week Jessica told me "I tOTALLY pwned this guy in tag today daddy".

we usually go to DQ several times each visit, for about 2 hours each time...
we try to go late afternoon, hoping that it won't be too crowded (everyone going off to dinner)..

there are several very cool virtual reality attractions that i can't do because of motion sickness, but everyone else in the family LOVES....

as for me, i LOVE the mighty duck pinball game - you stand on this contraption and move the puck around on a big screen overhead...stupid but i love it...

the whole family loves the buzz lightyear astroblasters.....you ride around in this big dodgem car and shoot cannons at other cars to make them spin around...

and of course there are lots of video games and those dance video games and the interactive video race driving games, where 8 people side by side race each other...(my kids can play that for hours - there is a line there so it's organized)..

then there is the make your own roller coaster....we all love that too..

here's a list from disney.com of the bigger attractions, but there's a lot more than what's listed...
DQ is several stories tall...

Pirates of the Caribbean — Battle for Buccaneer Gold – Inhabit a world where blade meets blade, booming with swashbuckling action. Steer your pirate's ship, fire cannons at marauding buccaneers and race for the gold! (Guests must meet a minimum of 35" to ride)

Virtual Jungle Cruise – Plunge down a prehistoric river on a raft in the Dinosaur Age. Try desperately to avoid dangerous obstacles in the running rapids. With a touch of 4-D, you may even get splashed!

CyberSpace Mountain – Design your own roller coaster on a computer, with special assistance from Bill Nye the Science Guy. Make it as scary as you want. When you're done, jump in a simulator and ride your creation in full 360° motion—if you dare! (Guests must meet a minimum of 51" to ride)

Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters – Pilot your own futuristic bumper car "Astroblaster". The only problem is you're in a battle and always under attack! So you must fight back by scooping up "asteroids", loading them into your blaster and firing away at the other cars. It's an asteroid-blasting game unlike any other! (Guests must meet a minimum of 51" to ride)

Animation Academy – Be a Disney animator! An instructor takes you through the process of drawing a Disney character step by step. You'll delight yourself when you see what you are capable of creating!

Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam – Hip check your friends in a life sized Mighty Ducks pinball game. (Guests under 48" tall should see a Navigator for assistance.)

Ride the Comix – Battle supervillains as you fly through a virtual reality comic book world!

Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride – Fly through the alleys and streets of Agrabah on a hunt to find the magic lamp and save the Genie!

Took my girls there a year or so ago and they were 11 & 8. They had a great time and enjoyed it. For me, I enjoyed playing the old school games like Asteroids, Centipede, Pacman, and Galaga.

i should clarify that we could go in several times because we had premium annual passes..

and yes, DQ is also on the magic your way ticket if you get the waterparks and more option.
but you have a limited number of entries, so you'd probably only do this once on a MYW ticket (or maybe in the winter more)

Took my girls there a year or so ago and they were 11 & 8. They had a great time and enjoyed it. For me, I enjoyed playing the old school games like Asteroids, Centipede, Pacman, and Galaga.

My fav classic game was always Gorf. :)

I went for the first time in 2009 and found it very dated. Tried out a few things but it was pretty average. Id defenatly go to a water park instead.

Going to DQ on the night of our arrival has become a tradition in our family. They have much more to do there than just stand and play video games. Besides the standard video games, I would imagine girls enjoying recording their own music, drawing characters, making their own roller coaster and going on a virtual rafting trip. My family always has a blast there and it is a nice way to run around and blow off some excitement of being in Disney. Plus, then we get a good night rest and are ready to go the next morning. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter