Disneymoon TR . . .starts page 7

msGAJeepgurl

Mouseketeer
So let me first off admit I am not the most technically savvy just yet. I've been a lurker, finally decided to join - typed up a nice long intro & background and guess what. My post died.:sad1: I dont know what happened.:confused3

So let me try this one more time:
Quick background - DF (28) and I(24)are getting married in the beautiful north GA mountains in September before heading our way down to WL at Disney for a week. :dance3:I am the more excited of the two of us, but that isnt atypical. He is very . . . calm to my psycho. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Now then, I will post something new later today probably with a more detailed story of "us, but for the threads sake . . . we are planning our wedding. Or more of I am planning the wedding, so typical eh ladies?

We/I have just about everything set up already with the exception of the florist. I cant find a good one at all :confused: and really at a loss as to what to do. But yea, everything else - planned. why i decided I needed a year to achieve this I still dont remember.

More to come soon - including the big suprise engagement, my nerdy side shows up, as well as lots of honeymoon planning to share. Here is to hoping that all the wonderful people i've lurked on will enjoy and at least pretend to view my PJ and all that encompasses.

He is very . . . calm to my psycho. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

I love that description! LOL. :rotfl:That's true of my DF as well so I know where you're coming from!

Anyodd - :welcome: to the boards! I look forward to reading more of your plans (computer willing!):goodvibes

OMG here is to hoping I am typing this correctly. Totally not computer savvy.;)

So here
is our background story:

DF and I met in . . . . a bar. :rotfl2:Granted we met through mutual friends, who we were both there to meet anyway, but its hilarious to watch relatives reactions to that question. :rotfl:
Anyway, we met 1 month into my "I shall not date" mantra because I was tired of it. Gotta admit, mom was right. Soon as you stop looking for love it just falls right into your lap. :lovestruc
So weeks after we met, he finagled a date with me by surprise, weeks later we were a couple. 3 months after we met, we moved in together, and a mere 9 months after we met were engaged. Talk about lucky in love. . . all this because I was tired of men who just wanted the um "milk"

Here is a pic of the happy couple, yes we are jeep lovers.
S5000521.jpg

Yes I am a considerable bit shorter than his 6' plus person. Gosh my hair is longer too. Anyway that is us like 3 months into this "dating" thing.

The Engagement!:wizard:
I must admit. . .I am a nerd. Hi my name is Stephie and I am addicted to World of Warcraft. HAHAHAH:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
So anyway, unbeknownst to me DF pre-arranged with the family to play games on Thanksgiving day after our big meal. I, not knowing. . . did not want to play. :rolleyes1
So DF being the gentleman he is, offers to sit with me while I play WoW. Soon he starts asking all of these questions. I am patient and kind and try to answer his questions. :angel: HAHA or as most of you hopefully caught - I was highly distracted and busy most of the time. Finally he says, I have just one more question. As I turn around with a "yes dear" I notice him on both knees, a ring box in his hand and my ENTIRE EXTENDED FAMILY standing in the room smiling. I just looked down at him and was "are you serious?!?!?!" :love::cloud9::love: Then he actually asked me if I would be his wife so of course I said "YES!" Now we are caught up. Time to plan that wedding and honeymoon!!!

Some updates on the whole "floral" business. After spending a lot of time debating the whole silk vs real, I've finally made a decision. I know for a Fact DF is happy with me on that.

After learning of a wonderful site from another DIS bride (yes i've been lurking your page Angela0917) http://www.affordableelegancesilkflorals.com/index.php
I've decided to do a combo. I want real flowers for the wedding party bouquets & boutinerres, but silk everywhere else. We are wanting to do something similar to this (see below) as table decor....with silver galvanized steel buckets. Suits our outdoor mountaintop theme.
300_296217.jpg

I am planning on more of the yellow-eyed susans & little less red, little more green because it is September. But that is kinda what we are thinking. :)

And now for today's icky news:
Driving back from a nice healthy lunch at Panera and I was rear-ended. Luckily DF is a mechanic, but now him and my father (my parents live 10 minutes away from us) are both "do we need to come get you?!?!" Ahh men. always wanting to protect their princess, no one would guess I manage a 1k plus fleet for a living. :rotfl:

I just want to say I can't wait to read more of your PJ and that I'm another crazy with a calm DF. Congrats on the engament!

Oh, yay! If you decide to order though affordable elegance, you will love them! The lady is so nice and she did a great job! Boo for being rear-ended!! How bad is your car?

You two are so cute! I like those flowers and I am now on my way to look at the website! Can't wait to read more!

Oh, yay! If you decide to order though affordable elegance, you will love them! The lady is so nice and she did a great job! Boo for being rear-ended!! How bad is your car?
Thanks for the ideas - we arent sure what exactly we are doing, but your pics are really helping me. ;) The car is ok, basically she bounced off of my spare tire. But it sure made me want to get one of those "Shut up and Drive" bumper stickers. Driving time does not equal texting/talking/multi-tasking time.:mad:

OMG everyone, I did it. I booked our stay at WL. It was the closest compromise we could come up with. He wanted mountains, I wanted a beach - we did a mountain lodge at the beach. :rotfl:

But I cant wait, 6 days/nights at WL from September 13 - 19. Now I have to figure out where to eat, and at least a rough itenerary of what to do & I dont want to overplan and. . . are you getting the stress yet?:eek:

I'm super excited and DF (I cant wait to call him DH!:cutie:) is being really understanding. His one and only request, "I dont want to be bored, but I dont want to be so busy we cant have 'us' time" . . . now I'm going nutty.

We did the MYW+DP package, with free dining:banana:, and added on the park hopper & water park pass. But what I cant figure out is do we get both water parks or only one? Someone please help me understand this, I've even read up on allears trying to understand this and I am still confused.:confused3

Other than that the planning is going. Slowly. But its going. I got to book our engagement photo shoot this weekend and its really giving me something to look forward to in May. :) I dont know when we will get pics, but I promise to try to add more as items either come in or we actually get things accomplished. I'll update more sooner rather later. Have a wonderful day everyone!:flower3:

Congrats on booking your honeymoon!!! I am kinda jealous of the week you are going... my birthday is the 17th and DF's birthday is the 18th, so that would have been awesome for us to go and get 2 free park admission days! But my brother's getting married on the 19th, so that kinda ruins that plan. And yay for free dining! That's fabulous!!:)

just thought id try and help explain-with the water park and more option you get as many options as you do days on your ticket your going 6 days, so im going to assume you have a 6 day magic your way ticket...that means you have 6 options..you can go to blizzard beach 6 times, or typhoon lagoon 6 times, or blizzard 3 times and typhoon 3 times. or typhoon 2 times, blizzard 2 times and play golf 2 times.....haha...point being you have 6 options to do any water park or the golf option (and i think disney quest-but someone can definately correct me if im wrong) in any combination you want, but just remember you only have 6, so if on one day, you go golfing then to the water park and then to disney quest, you have used 3-so you only have 3 left.....i hope that helps!

just thought id try and help explain-with the water park and more option you get as many options as you do days on your ticket your going 6 days, so im going to assume you have a 6 day magic your way ticket...that means you have 6 options..you can go to blizzard beach 6 times, or typhoon lagoon 6 times, or blizzard 3 times and typhoon 3 times. or typhoon 2 times, blizzard 2 times and play golf 2 times.....haha...point being you have 6 options to do any water park or the golf option (and i think disney quest-but someone can definately correct me if im wrong) in any combination you want, but just remember you only have 6, so if on one day, you go golfing then to the water park and then to disney quest, you have used 3-so you only have 3 left.....i hope that helps!
Oh yay! you just made my day, DF & I have been debating back and forth back and forth about what exactly we wanted to do because we thought 1 park only. Now I can do what I was hoping to do and he can do what he was hoping to do!!! thank you so much for that terrific explanation.:hug:

I am so glad you guys are booked for the WL - its DFs favorite resort. The hardest thing is that you need to be ready to make all of your dining reservations as soon as they open. The hardest part is trying to plan where you are going to want to be all the time. You have to find a happy medium btw over scheduling yourself and getting all of your ADRs in.

I would start reading the restaurant board and start trying to get a rough idea of where you want to go.

So this is going to sound ridiculous & probably quite spoiled, but this wedding planning business. . .its getting me down. I am so excited & I really cant wait for the wedding, but the waiting is dragging me into the dumps.

I'm reading all of these TR's and, I dont know.:confused3 I just want to be MRSGAjeepgurl. We live together, we have for over a year now. The wedding is 5 months away and the planning, yea its all but done. There is stuff left to do, but its little stuff. Why make the invites 3 months ahead of time? Right now they are at least in nice boxes where my parents' cats wont eat the bows.:rotfl:

Programs - same deal as invites, favors . . .we are going to donate to the ACS in honor of DF's mother & my middle brother both of whom have passed. All of our guests will be getting a card with two charms symbolizing DF's mom and my bro. Plus there will be a smallish candy bar! See. . .I cant do that yet!

Ladies help me! I'm worried that if I'm getting frustrated and depressed already that after the wedding is over & we buy our house, oh yes btw we are house shopping at the same time the wedding occurs. Yes i am a psycho. The mental and emotional let down will be nuts.

Sides, we live together...DF says he feels married already. I mean we even have joint bank accounts already. Part of me wishes we had just taken the money and run. Blah. sorry this is a depressing post. I know everyone likes the happy times, but sometimes you just get kinda blue.:sad1:

Don't feel bad... wedding planning is very much an emotional rollercoaster... at least it is/was for me! I get very excited for something just to be brought down by something else! I think it's normal! It'll pick back up for you soon!:thumbsup2 Things will start sneaking up on you, and the next 5 months will fly right by! Enjoy your "break" in planning, because the closer it gets, the more hectic it is!

I am so glad you guys are booked for the WL - its DFs favorite resort. The hardest thing is that you need to be ready to make all of your dining reservations as soon as they open. The hardest part is trying to plan where you are going to want to be all the time. You have to find a happy medium btw over scheduling yourself and getting all of your ADRs in.

I would start reading the restaurant board and start trying to get a rough idea of where you want to go.
Thanks for the great ideas, we know roughly what we want. What I'm really trying to avoid doing is over-planning. :cutie: But we know CG late seating & HDDR for my redneck.:lmao:I told him he could dress normal and he'd fit in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter