disneyland v. WDW

diberry

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to Disneyland California in August? I need to know if it's as hot and humid as WDW please as I find Florida in August really hard to cope with.

I used to live in California and you will not experience humidity as you would in Florida. However, in August Anaheim can be HOT. Dry but very warm. The summer evenings are lovely. One of my best memories of Disneyland was sitting in New Orleans Square listening to a Dixieland Jazz band at about 9 at night sipping a (non alcoholic) mint julep. Just lovely.

I lived in Sou.Cal. for years, and my DD goes to USC.
Weather should be very warm, little or no humid. compared to Fl.
Evening can get cool.
Sounds like a great time to go.Have a blast!

My DL trip was August 2003. It was beautiful. The climate is great. We had one day where it was quite hot and humid. One of those drink water and accept being a little sticky. The local folks I talked to talked about it being so horrible, but it would only last a couple of days. The next day, much less humidity and much more comfortable. Even with people saying how horrible it was, it was about the same as a mid-May day at WDW with temps in the mid-80s and humid conditions. But it doesn't last for days on end! DL is definately worth a trip. It is a very special place. Remember, good things come in small packages!

Many thanks to everyone who's replied - that really helps a lot. Now all I've got to do is persuade my husband, who hates flying, to go an extra 1000 miles!!!

I just returned from Anaheim California two days ago and it was hot and humid. Not as bad as Florida but it was very humid and I only live north of San Francisco.

Aloha

Steve

It was hot and humid on Saturday at DL, but nothing like FL humidity. It's usually not that bad in these parts though-- I think this weekend was exceptional because we had some rain pass through late in the week. As everyone else has said, it's usually hot and quite dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter