Disneyland Survaying Guests About Star Wars Land

Looks like I might have to start saving for a trip to California in the next 5 to 10 years. My inner 10 year old is happy. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

http://www.slashfilm.com/theme-park-bits-disneyland-surveying-visitors-about-possible-star-wars-land-universal-studios-announces-vip-experience-tour/
I'm just surprised they are doing the survey in DLR and not WDW.
~This is not what I was expecting. Really? And, I totally agree with you -- what about WDW? It seems like all we get is unsubstantiated rumors & speculation about everything! Anyway, thanks for the scoop! :goodvibes

Disney is playing everything close to the vest when it comes to Star Wars. Nothing is being officially announced until all the I's are dotted and T's crossed. Could they be thinking of doing Star Wars Land in CA then bringing it over to DHS like they are doing with Cars Land?

I thought they were close to being our of Room in California?

Maybe they are asking DLR people, then will use some formula to tabulate what they think the effect would be for WDW, and avoid the swarm of questions and rumors about StarWars Land at WDW...

Look at how everyone is already convinced CARS LAND is coming

Maybe it's already slated for WDW and seeing if they need to develop things that will work at both rather than just WDW???

Obviously they are thinking of completely changing Tomorrowland.

But I would so prefer this near me in FL

Actually, it makes perfect sense...DLR Tomorrowland desperately needs a redo, and both ILM and a lot of Imagineering are based in CA. Rumors of something "huge" replacing Innoventions have been rampant. Not to mention that WDW already has SWW, and nothing like that exists in DLR. It almost seems like a no-brainer.

I wish this were rumored for Florida too! After all, DLR just got Cars Land too!

I've heard rumors about something new coming to DHS so I suppose I can't complain until I hear what that is. Cars Land or a Star Wars Land would be awesome in my book!

There is likely enough content in the Star Wars franchise, to have elements in Ca as well as FL without duplication of theme or attractions.

The amount of worlds and unique themes in the franchise, you could add a new lands at all of the Fl parks as well as Ca.

Unlike the Cars franchise or Avatar, there is a lot more to play with.

I think the big problem with the Star Wars franchise is picking out which elements to represent in the parks. Once they finally decide what Star Wars themes to run with, there will be folks vocal that they should have chosen something else within the franchise.

I'm also willing to believe there will be another hotel/resort complex that will get heavily Star Wars themed.

I do think Avatar and Star Wars are in conflict with each other.

They should remove Indiana jones and the back lot tour. Put in star war land and cars land. Add in the red car trolley line and have a great park

PACVII said:
They should remove Indiana jones and the back lot tour. Put in star war land and cars land. Add in the red car trolley line and have a great park

I much prefer they get rid if LMA

Twin Dad said:
Disney is playing everything close to the vest when it comes to Star Wars. Nothing is being officially announced until all the I's are dotted and T's crossed. Could they be thinking of doing Star Wars Land in CA then bringing it over to DHS like they are doing with Cars Land?

Except they aren't doing that...

Maybe it's already slated for WDW and seeing if they need to develop things that will work at both rather than just WDW???
~Yes, this is a good explanation, but I hope it's just for WDW.

I do think Avatar and Star Wars are in conflict with each other.
~I thought about that, too. But, no matter what Disney stands to benefit, so I see the incorporation of both Avatar and Star Wars within the parks as powerful duo and a win-win for Disney! And, I think Disney used Avatar as a bargaining tool to make Lucas come down to an agreeable sale price!

Except they aren't doing that...
???

Both parks could have a Star Wars Land. One could feature the Empire and the other could feature rebels and allow the parks to battle.

Both parks could have a Star Wars Land. One could feature the Empire and the other could feature rebels and allow the parks to battle.

LOL

I hope they do something at HS, not at Disneyland. I don't think that would work over there, and I don't like like the idea of it being over there. I dunno, that's just me maybe.

I think HS is the best spot for it.

Someone said something about the Red Trolley line at HS. It would fit into the park no problem, they would have to figure out the layout.

I think maybe HS should go under the knife like DCA did. They rethemed the main entrance, added the Trolley, made Carsland, refurbed some other areas and attractions too.

So with HS, get rid of the hat, make a Red Trolley go from the theater down to ToT. Get rid of LMA and backlot tour and expand Pixar Place. Make a Star Wars Land over by Star Tours somehow.

Thats my quick quick summary without knowing the knowledge of land available for Star Wars Land and other issues that might come up. I am sure there would be something.

I wouldn't take it to mean that Star Wars isn't coming to Disney World, or that it is even coming the Disneyland first. I think they just have to be more careful with what they put into Land compared with World for a few reasons. First, there is such limited space, that it doesn't make sense to put in something that people don't want or isn't appealing. And secondly, Land is so reliant on AP holders and repeat visitors, that if their plans don't appeal to the masses, it just isn't worth it there.

I still think we're definetly going to see Star Wars land somewhere in World, probably DHS, and I still think its going to be before it comes to Disneyland. I think they just have to carefully survey and think about their options more in land, which is why the surveys are taking place there.

This whole thread jumps the basis of the argument...as many do.

Ask yourself: what exactly is Disneyland and what exactly is disneyworld? How are they consumed by the clientele and what is the corporate ethos for each?

They are not the same. That is why many threads of late...especially about MGM...are just off from the start.

And just one specific...someone suggested that they should "knife" studios a la DCA...

Great idea...I have hoped for this for its entire history (24 years...if your counting)

But it will never happen...it's an apples to oranges...an we are to blame.

Why? I'll give you a hint...11,000,000

I do find it odd that they are surveying Disneyland AP about a 'Star Wars' land, however, they have made it clear,as stated in the survey, that just because they survey about something doesn't mean they are going to build it (they just like spending $$$ on surveys :lmao:). It does make sense, however, that with Disney's acquisition of the Lucas Franchise at a cost of over 4 billion, that they would consider building something; George Lucas is still a consultant for Disney, so I don't know how much say he has in regard to this kind of thing or what.

California is pretty much out of room (at least for something of substantial size at their current location), so to fit in a Star Wars land, they would have to take something out. The Disneyland parking lot was taken out to provide space for Disney's 'California' park... we loved running through that parking lot back in the day as it was huge!

So, is Disney looking at adding on to HS, Disneyland parks, or building a new park entirely....I wonder? However, Star Wars land as a stand alone park doesn't sound as appealing as other Disney Parks, at least not to me, but it is all just a matter of preference. Universal has done quite well with Harry Potter World and has plans to expand and is also in the middle of very conducting very in-depth surveys on everything from disabled accomidations in their parks to ticket options and ride preferences.... hum.

So, I think they Disney will look at putting a Star Wars Land of sorts in HS or somewhere in Walt Disney World area, since they have the room to do so. Then they could have Star Wars Weekends every weekend instead of just four to five weeks in the summer. I will be there opening weekend this year (didn't really plan my trip that way, just worked out that way), and I assume if there is a big Star Wars announcement coming, it just might be then! Star Wars Weekends are a HUGE draw for HS!

As always, we'll just wait and see and at least it makes for good discussion!

Just a side note... replace LMA with Indiana Jones ride that is in Disneyland... it's awesome!

Oh, forgot about the rumors of changes to Epoct coming in 2015... maybe 'Star Wars' additions are being placed in Futureword... just a thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter