Disneyland Resort Launches 2019 with the Return of Lunar New Year and Food & Wine Festival

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by dina444444, Dec 6, 2018.

1. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

Two exciting events are returning to the Disneyland Resort in early 2019 — Lunar New Year and Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival! Here’s what you need to know to start planning your visit:

Lunar New Year
    Ring in the Year of the Pig with 24 days of Lunar New Year celebrations at Disney California Adventure park, Jan. 25 to Feb. 17. A joyous celebration of Asian cultures, Lunar New Year welcomes guests of all ages to commemorate traditions with beloved Disney characters, and welcome another year of good fortune.

Enjoy multicultural performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine and themed merchandise. One of the highlights is “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a bright and bold parade hosted by Mulan and her faithful dragon, Mushu. This year, the parade will feature the Three Little Pigs as a special treat for the Year of the Pig.

Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival

The popular culinary festival expands to eight weeks, March 1 to April 23. Guests will explore California-inspired cuisine and beverages, plus live entertainment, family-friendly seminars and cooking demonstrations. Kids can even join the fun with hands-on “cooking” experiences that end with a tasty surprise.

Foodies will broaden their palettes at more than a dozen mouthwatering Festival Marketplaces, featuring small plates, specialty wines and craft beers. To taste your way through the festival, the Sip and Savor Pass will be available for all guests looking to try a variety of dishes. In addition, limited-time, Festival-inspired menu items will be served at restaurants throughout Disney California Adventure park.

To help jump-start your vacation planning, take advantage of the limited-time ticket offer, available to book now! For a limited time in 2019, guests can visit a Disneyland Resort theme park for $70 per day with the purchase of a three-day, one-park per day ticket.* The ticket offer is available for purchase online today, and may be used for visits Jan. 7 through May 23, 2019 (blockout dates of April 14-22 apply). Four- and five-day ticket options, as well as Park Hopper tickets are also available. Book through May 18, 2019.

*Tickets valid for use beginning Jan. 7, 2019 and expire 13 days after the first day of use or on May 23, 2019, whichever occurs first. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. May purchase up to 8 tickets per person per day. Tickets are nonrefundable, may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and exclude activities/events separately priced. Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions. Subject to capacity, restrictions and change without notice.

Source

2. AJA55

AJA55 My very special Custom Title has gone away..sad.

Hotel reservations...check
    Disney tickets...…….check
    Airline tickets...……..check
    Excited for some California food and wine...…..check

gottalovepluto, bcwife76 and ej119 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ej119

ej119 Mouseketeer

@AJA55 Me too! I made reservations at the Grand Californian ages ago but was starting to get nervous they would shift the dates DCA F&W. In the clear though. :)

AJA55 and gottalovepluto like this.
  5. bcwife76

bcwife76 DisneyMomma

Hotel - check (GCV on our points)
    Disney tickets - not yet but soon!
    Airline tickets - check!
    EXCITED for F&W - DOUBLE CHECK!!!!

I'm assuming closer to F&W they will release more details? We did a wine tasting on the Wonder earlier this year and Skywalker Wines was featured, so my dh is hoping to find some more yummy Skywalker at F&W! I'm just holding off buying park tickets until more details are released as we might want to add on one more day to the parks (DCA of course!) with regards to F&W.

ej119 and gottalovepluto like this.
  6. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

Yes. More details will come in the next month or two!

bcwife76 likes this.
  7. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

sweet we will be there for opening weekend....oh WAIT will that make it crazy busy?

8. mummabear

mummabear DIS Veteran

Mushu! Mushu! Mushu!!!

9. Meriweather

Meriweather Being a Nana is my superpower

We already have resort reservations for both those times. :yay:

No tickets yet (they will be APs)
    We drive, so that is taken care of

10. DisneyMountainWoman

DisneyMountainWoman Mouseketeer

Damn just one weekend off. Looks fun. Why cant they start it on Jan 19th? :(

11. AJA55

AJA55 My very special Custom Title has gone away..sad.

ej119, we're at GC also. Only made our ressies in September. Love the special that they ran as it took the price done ALOT.

BCwife...tickets were on special for this time of year! buy them!

jlWhitney, don't know....this is a first for us. The West Coast Food and Wine that is.

Meriweather, 1,001 miles for us.

bcwife76 likes this.
  12. mich311e

mich311e DIS Veteran

I'm excited to be at Disneyland Resort for one last visit before SW:GE mania! And we love Food & Wine! Yay! Will be there over Easter Weekend so the ticket special doesn't work for us.

ej119 likes this.
  13. FrazierFamily

FrazierFamily Earning My Ears

Anyone know if the Animation Academy will rotate Mulan specific characters during the Lunar Festival?? I love me some Mushu :)