disneyland parking

angelmom

Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Those brads were
I was wondering if parking here if like DW. Do you park and then have to take a monorail or boat to DL, or do you just walk in? I was trying to figure out how much time it will take to get into the park once we get there.

i would say allow 20-30 minutes from the time you park your car in the huge structure to the gate. depending on what spot you are assigned to in the structure will depend on the +/- 10 minutes. plus, how many small children you have will also add or subtract minutes.

Once you park your car, you walk to the tram stop. Sometimes you have to wait for the tram, sometimes not. Then you get off the tram, get your bags checked, then you get on the turnstile line to go in. If you don't already have tickets, you'll have to buy your tickets before you get on the turnstile line.

Boy, are you in for a culture shock ;)

There is a huge parking structure where you can park & the trams will take you to a "hub" where you can then walk to either Disneyland, California Adventure, or Downtown Disney -- all right there.

After you park, figure about 15 minutes to get to the entrance of either park.

DL is nothing like WDW. It's smack in the middle of downtown Anaheim. The first time I went (pre-DCA) it just snuck up on us, I was shocked that it was really 'in' the city.

The parking structure is incredible!!! I loved it! The escalator(s) are great to see! you take the escalator down and you are right where you need to load the tram. It is sooo cool. I had to "pop" back to our car around noonish to have son change sandals to shoes (or visa versa) and there were many familys camping out near their cars and having their lunches. I have done that (lunch at the car) at Marine World before. It is rather relaxing.
You will love it.
Enjoy!!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter