Disneyland Paris Questions

Version 6

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys

Just had a few questions about planning a trip to Disneyland Paris and was hoping you guys could help me out.

1. I would like to stay on property. Disneyland Hotel would be ideal, but may not be within budget. Is the walk from Sequoia likely to be a problem with 2 kids (6 and 8)? Is doing that walk say twice a day (allowing for a mid day break) advisable with kids?

2. Booking through the Disneyland Paris website, it seems like the packages only seem to offer 1 more park day than hotel days. So, a 3 night stay also includes 4 days of park tickets. Ideally, we'd like a 3 night stay with 3 days of park tickets. Is this possible? I can't find anywhere on the website to book a hotel seperately from park tickets.

3. How busy do the parks get in July? What about late September/early October? What kind of waits are we talking for non-fastpass attractions?

4. As a frequent visitor to DLR (California), will I be disappointed by DLP? In terms of size, number of attractions and "magic"?

I think that's all for now. Thanks in advance

1. can you kids walk 10 - 15 minutes? I do not think it's a problem to go back to any of the onsite hotels by foot with any ages. Only if you have someone who has problems walking, it's better to stay as close as possible, if you do not want to take the bus.

2. Yes, it is possible, but you cannot book it through Disney. Disney only offers packages online. You could look into booking your hotel through sites like Expedia.com/Trivago.com/Hotels.com etc. and then separately your tickets at Disney, but price it out first, because probably there is not much price difference.
(Technically you could book a hotelroom only through Disney over the phone, but that's definitely not getting you a better price).

3. Yes, July is busy: summer holidays in all of Europe and Disneyland Paris is one of the most popular destinations.
Late September/Early October is better, but avoid the Run Weekend in 24-27 September. If you are looking at 2020.
Also if you are thinking of July 2020: no one knows what's going to happen in 2020, chances are that the borders will be closed for non-EU residents for the rest of the summer, so keep that in mind.

Disneyland Paris only has 8 FP attractions so most are non-fastpass. It's hard to predict waiting times, the kiddies rides can be anywhere between 5-20 minute, would my best guess be.

4. I think you can only be disappointed if you keep comparing and missing things you have 'back home'. You have to go in with an open mind. There is plenty of magic in Disneyland Paris, but what you see in reactions of American visitors is that they have issues with the cultural differences between the US parks and the Paris park. Food is one thing, for example, it's not a big thing in Disneyland Paris unlike WDW and DL.
I think size it's sort of comparable when you compare Disneyland Anaheim with Disneyland Paris Park, The Studios have a lot of refurbishments going on, and it's hard to predict what the impact of Covid19 will be on the timing when rides will re-open. At the moment, this is not really comparable in size with DCA.
I don't think you can be disappointed in the rides and shows, as Disneyland Paris has some really good ones :)

Here are some FAQ threads to get you started.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-crowds-weather-language-wifi-money.3736354/https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-touring-plans-rides-shows.3741109/

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your response.

Another question if I may - if we went in the less busy time of September, is the unlimited Fastpass worthwhile? I like the idea of being able to join a fastpass line at any time throughout the day, but its quite expensive (for good reason). In your opinion is it worth purchasing?

Thanks so much for your response.

Another question if I may - if we went in the less busy time of September, is the unlimited Fastpass worthwhile? I like the idea of being able to join a fastpass line at any time throughout the day, but its quite expensive (for good reason). In your opinion is it worth purchasing?
Of course you may :)

I would advise against buying the FP in your situation:
- September (besides the run weekend) is a slower time.
- You plan to stay onsite, most FP rides are available during EMH, you can ride them then with very little wait.
- There are only 8 rides with FP
- You plan on 3 park days. That is a lot of time. The paid FP is an option to save time.
- You are a family of 4, unless you have a money tree, it is expensive.

I think the unlimited option is only good if you have 1 favourite ride to ride over and over and over, and I think it's actually only think it's a good option for people who are regular visitors. Because they know what they want to get from it. And they will not miss out on the other rides, because they know they will be back.

If you would really want to buy a FP to relax more on the other days, I would go for the option to do all FP rides once and only for one day. Going from ride to ride takes time as well, even when it's only 8 rides, they are all over the park.

Last edited:

With DLP Autumn is awesome especially if you can go during haloween. Try not to hit the first week of September either, the kids are still off in the UK. Don't compare it to WDW, it has its own charm and the star attractions are the best of all the disney parks. Your want to do the big attractions mutiple times. If Illuminations is on (i think with social distancing you may find its not on) make sure you get one day with the perfect spot. Food is expensive and not great so dont base your day around food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!