Disneyland Paris News Update #59: 25th Anniversary, runDisney, Breakfast, Buffets, Electroland, NYE

Shouldn't have watched that - it just makes me want a Christmas trip as well as a Halloween trip!

It would make sense if Anna & Elsa were in pairs - but if there were two pairs in there at one time - could that potentially cause a disaster? It also makes me wonder why they don't do the Princesses in pairs in the pavilion generally; 2 in each meet & greet (always in the same pairs).

I really hope there is some possibility of Anna, Elsa and Merida meets in Feb!

Talking about the Christmas season made me realise I absolutely have to go! We are looking at next May for a family trip, but a solo .business' trip is on the cards once the Christmas season kicks in. All research for the website you understand ;)

Shouldn't have watched that - it just makes me want a Christmas trip as well as a Halloween trip!

It would make sense if Anna & Elsa were in pairs - but if there were two pairs in there at one time - could that potentially cause a disaster? It also makes me wonder why they don't do the Princesses in pairs in the pavilion generally; 2 in each meet & greet (always in the same pairs).

I really hope there is some possibility of Anna, Elsa and Merida meets in Feb!

According to InsideDLParis, guests will meet both Anna and Elsa, so yes, if there were 2 pairs it could be risky with the photo screens at the end!

If the current princesses were in the PP in pairs, it would increase salary costs unnecessarily I guess?

dlpSteve said:
Talking about the Christmas season made me realise I absolutely have to go! We are looking at next May for a family trip, but a solo .business' trip is on the cards once the Christmas season kicks in. All research for the website you understand ;)

Rude not to Steve! We got a great price for the end of November. It's confusing as regards what exactly they are doing with the princesses and it will be interesting to see how it all works with new EMH characters, whether it will be scrummy or actually work well.
Hopefully the work at the theatre in Frontierland will mean a new show and I think it's good that Anna & Elaine will meet together. Who wants to queue a load of times for hours with unhappy kids to still possibly not get to see the other princess!
Do they issue PP tickets during EMH? I think once we got tickets at 9.45am but I know that trip was shortly after it came in.

Just watched it Steve! Thanks for the updates. Lots going on :goodvibes.

I am SO happy about those Halloween pin releases - oh my, I'm going to have to increase my budget! pixiedust:

Dedicated to DLP TV #26: Disneyland Paris News – Christmas, Star Wars, The Future, Guest Behaviour

Dedicated to DLP TV is back with a double length extended episode, covering all the news from the shareholders meeting with CEO Tom Wolber where they discussed Star Wars Jedi Academy, attraction refurbs, maintenance, Christmas and much more. Steve has a rant about guest behaviour and the stunt show has stunts again. There’s green Coke in Disney Village and there are queues for Anna and Elsa – aren’t there always?

Watch Episode 26 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9bJLwfekKg

Great new episode Steve ! Thanks for your time and work !

:worship:

and yes....you are so right about the behaviour but you cant do anything about the madness of some people.

Its an European problem and it can be seen in any other park or public space.

There are always some people who have no behaviour and/or education.

Its sad but its true. :sad2:

Great episode Steve!

As far as the "guest behaviour" goes, I wonder if it's lack of effort in removing graffiti that we should be criticising? I would share your feelings about someone who vandalised a "pristine" wall, and similarly about the second, third, fourth and fifth people for joining in with other idiots, but once a wall is full of graffiti, I'd suggest the later people are less culpable and done by people who - while not getting Disney and having no respect for the park - wouldn't ordinarily do this sort of thing; the existing graffiti really invites more.

I completely agree about the Christmas celebrations and decorations - I haven't been for this period before this year but I was really impressed and find it hard to imagine how they could have been much better. It certainly outdid Hkdl (where I also visited this Christmas).

As for improving Place De Remy, why not add a tasteful railing around the fountain (joining the pillars?) Other than that, the area's biggest weakness is that tunnel into Toy Story Land. I can see it needs to be there for crowd flow, but the best approach is the entrance street and the transition between these two lands is really jarring. The view of RCR (which, while I'm at it, is an unbelievably low capacity attraction - along with the rest of TSL) is just the tip of the iceberg there. The sudden transition also makes the area, and by extension the park, feel (even more) cramped. How hard would it have been to add a long walkway? It's really frustrating to see such potential squandered. On the plus side, at least it's not visible from the windows of the restaurant.

I'd be really interested to hear more on how you've been getting more from your character experiences... I'm definitely not there yet and find the whole thing slightly awkward!

Dedicated to DLP TV #30: Disneyland Paris Reinvent The Magic – Discussing The 10 Attraction Updates

Yesterday Disneyland Paris announced plans to update and refurbish 10 attractions in both Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios over the next 24 months. In this latest Dedicated to DLP TV I decided to talk through each one of them, giving my thoughts on what was announced and what this could mean. I hadn’t read most of these updates before doing the video, so it’s pretty much my live reaction to the news.

Watch Episode 30 here:

Disneyland Paris News Weekly #1: Attendances Up, New Show, Princess Dramas

Dedicated to DLP TV Weekly is gone, and its place is the very episode of Disneyland Paris News Weekly, with all the news from the last 7 days. Steve discusses the man found with guns at Hotel New York, attendance figures, mysterious hooded Disney Princesses, meet and greet Princess opportunities, Disneyland Park refurbishments, new Disneyland Paris pins and much more!

Disneyland Paris News Weekly #2: Huge Spring Season Update

Spring in Disneyland Paris has started early, and this episode features all the news from the official press release of what is to come and what is already there. There's news character meets, Daisy's train, the brand new surprise character eggs, the amazing new Spring decorations and the stunning Tinkerbell topiary, with its own unique surprise. There's some refurbishment updates and a look back at the very last performance of Animagique.

Great Steve - thanks! I'll tune in tomorrow when I can watch on my laptop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!