Disneyland over New Years plus a taste of Canada and Hawaii UPDATE

Jaina

Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.
So I'm curious: How wet did you get on Splash? I have gotten so wet lately! The weather sounds amazing!

OziJo

Mouseketeer
Ozijo, I am glad that your back writing your trip report. We were at DLR just before you (Dec 27 &28) so I was interested to seeing your report. Also, I wanted to say that I really liked your Banff pictures , as We did a camping road trip to Banff this summer.
Thanks for popping by. I took a bit of a break but I'll get on with it now. I'm glad you liked my Banff photos. I really want to go back one day in the summer or maybe Autumn.

OziJo

Mouseketeer
So I'm curious: How wet did you get on Splash? I have gotten so wet lately! The weather sounds amazing!
We got a little wet and it was a little chilly but because it was sunny we managed to dry off pretty quickly.

• OziJo

Mouseketeer
    So where was I? Oh yes:

Day 2 Jan 29 - Afternoon

After a break (I actually did some washing), we headed back to use our Indiana Jones FP. As we entered the Park we came across a Parade. Now we aren't
    parade people so we hadn't factored it in and essentially came up upon a road block. We had some time, but not a lot so we waited for a gap and weaved our way through to crowds making it to IJ just in time.

Get out of our way Princeses... Hi Santa...Bye Santa...

After Indy we headed out to DCA... but not before grabbing some Dole Whip... I asked Hannah if she wanted me too buy her this. She said: Nah. I'm good.
    They grow up too fast...

We had a Soarin' fast Pass so used that. I love it so much! It was Soarin' Over the World while last time it was California. Then we went to line up at GotG: Mission Break Out. I have a little history with Tower of Terror. I was too scared to do it during our 2009 trip but thanks to some encouragement from somewhere here at The DIS I braved the drop and loved it. It's sad to see the Twilight Zone theming gone but we love the GotG movies so really enjoyed this version of the ride. We wandered around a little and enjoyed the sights. Mark and Hannah did their first ride on Incredicoaster. I had been on California Screamer and while it was ok, I decided to sit it out this time and just enjoyed the scenery while Hannah and Mark hit the single rider line.

It was a lovely evening...

We were going to be spending a full day here on New years Eve and it was nearly time for our reservations at Ralph Brennan's, so we left the park and hit Downtown Disney.

Last edited:

OziJo

Mouseketeer
    Day 2 Jan 29 - Evening.

Our dinner reservation was for 6pm so we had a little time to wander around Downtown Disney. I didn't take many photos, just enjoyed the atmosphere. I took a shot of the big store and a couple of some of the Chefs making Nightmare before Christmas themed treats...

It was then off to Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. We arrived for our 6pm reservation and the restaurant was almost empty. Nevertheless they proceeded to take us to a table outside. Now on a nice night I might have been ok with that but it was windy and quite chilly and Hannah was not feeling that great. Also, I could see a band setting up inside and I really wanted to be close to the atmosphere. So I asked if we could possibly be moved inside. It was weird though because they said well you might have to wait even though there was nobody there. We didn't have to wait long as they found us a table pretty quickly at the side of the stage. We were kind of behind the piano but we were right up close. The restaurant filled up pretty fast then but there were still tables that were free inside and there was an upstairs section. So how does it work? I had booked right at the start of the booking window yet we were to be left outside in the cold. I could understand if we had been a walk up but as I said, we had booked months ago. So how had all those people got in ahead of us? Why where we to be left out in the cold? Do some people make special bookings? There were a couple of Birthday Parties happening. Do they give preferential treatment to those who stay on Disney property? Just wondering.

Anyway we did enjoy the evening. the band were great playing Zydeco and New Orleans style Jazz. The food was really nice, though Hannah's cold meant she didn't have much of an appetite. We had a couple of starters - Coconut Prawns and the Southern Garlic Cheese Bread. Then I just had the Chowder and French Quarter Salad while Hannah tried the Gumbo, though she ate very little of it. Mark had the Pasta Jambalaya. We didn't have dessert as we were too full. We knew Hannah was sick when despite not eating much gumbo, (she did have some bread and shrimp) she declined dessert. Mark said that it was probably the tastiest meal he had in Disneyland. I enjoyed it but preferred the salmon I had the next night at Blue Bayou. The atmosphere was great. We joined in the singing of Happy Birthday when it was time and the band were talented and very entertaining. I'm so glad I asked to be inside.

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
    OziJo, how long did you have to wait in the FP line for Indiana Jones? when we were there on Dec 28th, the FP line for Indy at about 2:30ish was blocks long.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM