Disneyland IN-PARK Updates - 8/15/2019 (most of Oogie Boogie Bash Media Event)

myohmymorgan

Earning My Ears
This will be mostly about the Oogie Boogie Bash media event I got to go to before I went to the Dreams Unlimited Travel 20th Anniversary Party in FL.

Here are my notes from the event.

Oogie Boogie Bash Media Event -

There will be projection mapping onto Carthay Circle. Not a show, or times, but going on throughout the evening. Maleficent's vines crawl up the building and crack the mortar that will disappear. Other projections such as candy corn fill up the windows, bats fly across, and Oogie Boogie will even show up on the building as well. The custom soundtrack played during this event with reimagining villains songs to set the mood.

CHARACTERS - You can be able to meet classic characters with new costumes and overlays (fab five most likely). Also mentioned that there will be Rare characters we haven't seen in a few years and some making their debut for the first time. Later that night, someone asked if the party was going to extend to Pixar Pier and meet and greets there... they said yes. My guesses for characters there could be Lotso or Syndrome.

TREAT TRAILS - 10 Treat Trails featuring villains including Tim Burton's Mad Hatter. Characters will be there but not your typical meet and greet line. More on a platform interacting with everyone.

DescenDANCE PARTY - Island of the Lost portal is going to open where all the Villian kids live. Best Island Dance crew will be there to teach us dance moves to hit songs from Descendants 1, 2, & 3.

The recommended age range is 5-year-olds to tweens and teens. With the lights, color schemes, and energy this will provide is going to make a really cool experience on the Hollywood Backlot.

Note: It's a full-on interactive show, that evolves into a dance party. My thoughts it's going to be similar to Guardians Dance off were its a show then the characters leave and the rest keep dancing.

MICKEY'S TRICK OR TREAT PARTY - Held at the Disney Junior Dance Party, meant for families and anyone who loves characters. Mickey and his friends decide to throw a costume party. At the stage show, they will be throwing that costume party, inviting everyone to participate with great songs, dancing, and scary stories. In the end, everyone gets a treat. *with the images they showed us, the fab five have different Halloween costumes then we are used to. The one I remember is Donald in a Werewolf costume!

FRIGHTFULLY FUN PARADE - Same exact parade, the Headless Horseman leading the parade, Jack and Sally, Dr. Facilier, Haunted Mansion dancers, and the finale is the Villian float which has an exciting new addition.. the Cheshire Cat on the back of the float where Vampirina was last year.

VILLIANS GROVE - Overlay to Red Wood creek trail - Story behind Villains Grove is Oogie Boogie summoned all the villains by creating a portal in Redwood Creek challenge. As the villains stepped through the portal their energy and magic followed them and transform the woods around them. It started to bend the trees, shape the branches and started to create the atmosphere of the villains themselves, it's changed the grove and started to reflect their image. There will be custom soundtracks, lights and interactive elements for each villain:

Frollo - Candelabra, stain glass windows lights projected onto the ground.

Maleficent - Transforms waterfall with vines growing up the waterfall cracking the rocks apart. She will change the color of the water as she casts her spell over it.

Queen of Hearts - Q of H 's Garden will have hundreds of roses bushes that paint themselves from red to white and back again.

Scar - down to scars cave, into the elephant graveyard. interactive drums will cause geysers to shoot off acid yellows and greens will shoot into the air.

Dr. Facilier - friends from the other side will guide your feet and lead you to a darker section of the forest.

Evil Queen - summons a lighting storm tops of trees will crackle to life and lighting will come down the trees and smash into the ground then puffs of smoke will appear.

In the end, the Whisps, who are the caretakers of the forest, will guide you by light to safety into the dawn.

**compared it to a Halloween maze. from my understanding, there will not be characters in this area, but an interactive walkthrough.

Villainous World of Color - 20 mins long, features Shelley Marie (named after Mary Shelley who wrote Frankenstein) - steps through the Magic mirror and goes from 2D to 3D. Some of the VIllains she meets are Evil Queen, Ursula, Dr. Facilier, Hades, and Maleficent. And quick appearances by other Disney Villians. Each of the main villains sings a song from the movie at first then it transitions to some unique contemporary musical choices.

When I saw it on Tuesday, it wasn't completely done so I will save final judgment on it when I see it completed. But the lesson from this show is a positive message for kids is as long as you stay true to yourself that's all that matters.

Thank you for this -- the details are very helpful! Did they say whether WOC would run only once or twice per party? Just can't see wasting good party time trying to save a decent viewing spot.

Did they mention whether the Cadaver Dans (or anything along those lines) would be at the party? They're the only other major entertainment element that doesn't seem to have a equivalent mentioned so far this year.

This will be mostly about the Oogie Boogie Bash media event I got to go to before I went to the Dreams Unlimited Travel 20th Anniversary Party in FL.

Here are my notes from the event.

When I saw it on Tuesday, it wasn't completely done so I will save final judgment on it when I see it completed. But the lesson from this show is a positive message for kids is as long as you stay true to yourself that's all that matters.

Do you mind if I copy/paste to the super thread?

This sounds great! I'm looking forward to next year when I'll be there! Cant wait to hear from those who go this year 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter