Disneyland hotel

disneyfreak75

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites at DLH? is it worth it? I am going to DL at the end of October. I found a great deal at the carousel inn ($112/night CAD) but there is a special book 4 nights, get 4th night free. It will only be $200 difference between the standard rooms so I figure it would be about the same for the suites at each hotel??

Also, does DLH charge the $11 "fee" for every room or just for those who want the weekday newspaper, internet, etc?

Apparently there might be other hotels offering a free night but can't seem to find one. "Discounts are also offered on Good Neighbor Hotels mostly during value season. These are typically 3rd or 4th night free at select hotels. Click here for a no obligation quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel." Anyone know of any particular specials at any nearby (preferrably right across the street)??

disneyfreak75 said:
Has anyone stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites at DLH? is it worth it? I am going to DL at the end of October. I found a great deal at the carousel inn ($112/night CAD) but there is a special book 4 nights, get 4th night free. It will only be $200 difference between the standard rooms so I figure it would be about the same for the suites at each hotel??

Also, does DLH charge the $11 "fee" for every room or just for those who want the weekday newspaper, internet, etc?

Apparently there might be other hotels offering a free night but can't seem to find one. "Discounts are also offered on Good Neighbor Hotels mostly during value season. These are typically 3rd or 4th night free at select hotels. Click here for a no obligation quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel." Anyone know of any particular specials at any nearby (preferrably right across the street)??

Here's a list of the hotels offering specials for the Fall through getawaytoday:
http://www.getawaytoday.com/SpecialsFreeNights.aspx?dest_id=2

As for the fee, it's charged no matter what. If you book through getaway, it's included already.

Okay, I looked at prices and I think the Paradise Hotel is more the place we can afford.... any comments on it???

I already booked GC for October and another night free would be nice. Is this a DL promotion that I can call GC and get the free night?

CHOPR said:
I already booked GC for October and another night free would be nice. Is this a DL promotion that I can call GC and get the free night?

It has to be part of a package to get the 4th night free unless you book through Expedia.

disneyfreak75 said:
Okay, I looked at prices and I think the Paradise Hotel is more the place we can afford.... any comments on it???

It is nice, albeit less themed. If you don't mind a motel, there are some great ones actually closer to the gates than PP (Candy Cane, Del Sol). PP is nice - you can use all the DL hotel pools, and you have a dedicated entrance to DCA.

The atmosphere is more like a Hilton than a Disney hotel though (in the terms of Disney hotels like WDW or GC). Great service though.

stampinshauna said:
It has to be part of a package to get the 4th night free unless you book through Expedia.
OH, OK THANKS. iT WAS WORTH A TRY

There is only a $200 difference between a standard room at the Candy Cane and a 2 bed room suite at the DLH?? I can't be reading that correctly.

my3kids said:
There is only a $200 difference between a standard room at the Candy Cane and a 2 bed room suite at the DLH?? I can't be reading that correctly.

Yah, I was confused with that too. From the Disney website:

4 nights at DLH in a 2-bedroom suite = $1,830.00 (4th night free, $610/night) in value season
4 nights at the poster's quoted hotel = $448 ($112/night)

That's quite a bit more than $200 difference?! I can only assume she was quoting a standard DLH room at $210/night. :confused3

Oh sorry, I said i assumed the suites would be the same difference but I was looking at prices between the paradise pier and the carousel standard rooms not the DLH. PP doesn't appear to have any suites. Oops.

Paradise Pier is very nice, it is my least favorite of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels but still very nice and very fun to be onsite. And it is substantially less expensive than the other two hotels. It is a beach theme not really a Disney theme like the DLH and doesn't have the great location that the GCH does. The standard rooms are very oversized, come with a nice couch that makes into a daybed and if you are willing to pay a bit more you can have an incredilble theme park view. Don't know about what the suites are like. I do want to clarify that if you stay at PP you CANNOT use any pool but that one. There has been a lot of conflicting information about this but I can testify that I saw a family trying to use their room key from the DLH to get into the GCH pool last Saturday. They could not get in, they asked a cm who was right there if they could since they were wanting to join family that was staying at the GCH and they were onsite guests as well. They were told no. I did see them in there later, I assume their family members just let them in. But don't book at PP (which has the least exciting pool area of the three Disney hotels) and think that you will then be able to pool hop. I thought it was kind of ironic that this happened since I have seen so many threads on pool hopping at Disneyland and actually saw somebody trying to do just that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter