Disneyland Hotel v New York Hotel

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
OK, I know people have asked re NY and NBP but can I have your thoughts on what the DH gives that the NY does not apart from closeness to the park. :thumbsup2

I can't think of much apart from the location to split the two hotels apart to be honest.

They've both got a fairly basic (no slides etc) pool, they both have cooked breakfasts.

I suppose the DLH has it's character welcome at breakfast, but if you walked there early enough on the way to the parks then you could take part in that anyway as it's just held outside the restaurants which is a public area.

The DLH has the spa, but again I believe that's accessible to all (not 100% sure though).

The DLH has a nightly turn down service (not sure if the new york gets this) which is nice, but not a huge plus. We were often in our room when they came to do this so didn't get it anyway - they just gave use the chocolates and moved on.

To be totally honest - I'd go for the New York. The DLH is lovely, but in my opinion, it's a lot of money for nothing major extra over the new york. If you're eating an evening meal in the village or heading to hurricanes or the shops, then that aspect of the location is lot as you have to walk back from the village to the DLH just as you would walk back to any other hotel. I suppose the location is a plus in the mornings or if you need to pop back to the hotel, but not everybody does that so it's a personal preference.

Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland Hotel and again Disneyland Hotel.

Yes the service is very similar. You also have the 2nd service at the HNY.
But have you ever dreamed about sleeping in the park? Staying at the DLH you can do this. The feeling is just great. If money is out of the question I would choose the DLH for every stay.
For me it is the only one of the seven Disney Hotels with a real touch of magic. The HNY is very adult and upper class. IMHO

I prefer the style of the DLH. I love the Victorian Style and the colors. :love:
And the breakfast is also better at the DLH than HNY. And you can have a view to Mainstreet and the Castle while you have breakfast.
The only thing we are missing when we stay at the HNY is the walk through Disney Village. But therefore you can go back to you room as often as you want to refresh/reheat.
When we were in the DLH we always arrived by car so we could take with us a lot of snacks and drinks. And as you only need two minutes to get to your room you can also have a free snack and you don't have to carry everything with you the whole day.

Staying in the Disneyland Hotel is like staying as a Princess in the castle. We stayed there for our honeymoon and i was crying at the weekend looking back at all the photos etc as it is so wonderful, i have trouble actually believing it was me who stayed there, you are unbelievably lucky if you can afford to saty there and if you can i would say do. Also the breakfast is great, much more choice than any other hotel.

Ro

The DLH does feel magical somehow. But it's certainly expensive!

We've been to both, and you can't match the magic of the DLH.

As others have said, if money is no object, then DLH would be my choice. Walking out of the gates after an exhausting day and straight into your room is priceless.......and the decor is just beautiful.

Although, if you need to cut your stay short by choosing DLH then i'd choose the HNY. I'd much rather have an extra couple of days in the parks, than a very expensive hotel room. When we stayed, it was only for 2 nights, and we were exhausted trying to fit it all in.

You can have a much more leisurely time by staying for longer at HNY. You'll need to walk back to you DLH anyway if you go to the Village or visit the Studios.

Personally, we have always had a fantastic time at the HNY, I added my NPB vs HNY.

No doubt you'll have a fantastic time either way, as they are both lovely hotels.

Have fun!!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter