Disneyland Hotel to reopen July 2nd

Last edited:
With refreshed rooms. Very nice work TDA.
Also, no mention of California residents only. That language was included in the PPH reopening announcement. Oversight, or no?

Comparison:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...rning-to-disneys-grand-californian-hotel-spa/

It still has that language when you go to book it. I was in the queue and got through to the reservation page because I was considering switching our GCH reservation for July 2-5. However, the price was only about $130 less per night, so I kept the Grand reservation for the location convenience factor. It did still pop up the CA residents warning when booking, and I had to click that I was a CA resident.

Does anyone know if Steakhouse 55 will be reopening as well?
Wondering the same. Didn’t see Steakhouse 55 or Goofy’s Kitchen mentioned, so I’d assume they aren’t opening back up yet. Hopefully soon, though.

To clarify, the notice that popped up was that I understood that only CA residents were allowed to visit the PARKS. Anyone can book the hotel for a hotel only stay.

I wonder when they'll try to bring back character dining... even if it's modified I'm surprised they haven't announced something yet. Until the restrictions are lifted maybe they don't want to encourage too much traffic from non guests to the hotels? But there's always Minnie's in the park too... 🤔

Goofy's Kitchen has been on our to-do list for awhile, fingers crossed it can return soon.

Has anyone been able to find photos of the refurbed rooms? The official photos on the website look the same as before.

I went ahead and booked a room for Labor Day Weekend. Prices are slightly lower. Standard room was $559/night.

I'm actually hoping for the return of the military discount, but wanted to book something at rack rate just to have it on the books. My husband might have to travel for work for most of September, so this will be something fun for the kids and I to do over the long weekend.

Wow, those prices are steeeeeep, even compared to back in the day. Guess that makes our decision to wait until 2022 much easier. (Yes, we realize we can stay off property and have many times.)

any insight on aug 4-6? When we booked this trip for last year after much research disneyland hotel was our first choice. currently booked at paradise pier but when i attempt to switch i see no availability. Seems odd when bookings just opened? On hold but wondering if I am missing something.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!