Disneyland Hotel Pick-up

DonnettaR

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know (or can take a guess) as to what the pick up time will be for those doing a a cruise after a stay at Disneyland? About how long does it take to get from Disneyland Resort to the Port of Los Angeles? Thanks.

I don't know anything about the DL Hotel pickup, but travel time from DLR to the Port of LA would be roughly 30 minutes without traffic.

That sounds good. Maybe we will have a chance to go to DL one more time before we cruise. :cheer2:

When we talked with a DCL rep while booking our excursions she said that the pick up times would start at 10:30am until 1:30pm...not sure about how long it will take to get to the port though.....especially with LA traffic!

I was told that it would take between 1 and 2 hours for the trip by a CM (NO WAY!!!). So I looked at Mapquest and it's only about a 35 minute trip. Even in LA, the traffic shouldn't be too bad on Saturdays, on a bus it should not take over an Hour.

So do you think we will be given a choice of times for pick-up? If so, do you think we should risk going into DL on the 17th?

are you crusing on the 17th? i believe dl opens at 8 during the summer...and if you have dcl transfer, and they let you pick a time slot, you can pick the latest & it would be no problem? provided all your luggage & things are taken care of.

as for the drive...i'd give myself an hour, just so i have that "cushion" time. you never know how the conditions will be on the road! and if you have dcl transfer, i don't think the ship will sail, if you're stuck in traffic, en route to the ship, right? :flower:

Yes...LA traffic is bad on Saturdays too. Allow at least an hour.

I agree with the last poster. It can take up to an hour to get to the port. I just drove back from disneyland today, and there was traffic. When it comes to LA always plan for more time than stated.

Thanks for all the information. :love1: I guess I will just have to wait for someone who goies in May with a Pre-night stay and DCL transfers.

I wouldn't take any chances whatsoever. Traffic might be light but odds are it won't be. There seems to be traffic always in LA. Better to be early than late and sorry because in California ya never know how it's gonna be. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!