• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disneyland Hotel or Disney Grand Californian Hotel??

2) We have rented DVC points several times now and are comfortable with the process. Is it ever possible to get rooms at VGC under the 7 month mark or do you need to get them in the 7-11 month time frame?
You will need to generally need to book 7-11 months in advance, studios are the most difficult to book.
DVC owners (non-VGC) often have success booking at exactly 7 months.

We have used the Costco vacation packages for DLR before we got our APs. We did not have any problems and the price is good because of the extras that are included. We also used Costco Travel for a Disney cruise. They are very good at working with you.

Of course this is my opinion only. We recently stayed at the GCH and to be honest unless you are spending the majority of your time in DCA the closeness just isn't a factor. If you can afford the GCH then I would recommend concierge at the DLH.

Of course this is my opinion only. We recently stayed at the GCH and to be honest unless you are spending the majority of your time in DCA the closeness just isn't a factor. If you can afford the GCH then I would recommend concierge at the DLH.[/QUOTE]
Thank for for
Of course this is my opinion only. We recently stayed at the GCH and to be honest unless you are spending the majority of your time in DCA the closeness just isn't a factor. If you can afford the GCH then I would recommend concierge at the DLH.
That is a great idea...we had not thought of the concierge level at DLH---we have never stayed at that level at WDW so it might be a lot of fun!! I have read about club level at WDW. What is it like at DLH? Are the rooms all in the same location in the hotel?

Last edited:
We love GCH - always stay there. Can't beat the location and ammenities!
If you want to try the DLH pools you can rent a cabana (you can do full or half day- we usually do morning half day from 9am to 1pm) and experience the pools there. And after your cabana is done you can stay at the pool too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter