Disneyland Gay Days/Halloween 2010 Trip Report

I will say that we won't probably stay there again, despite the price and cleanliness. When you did want to go back to the hotel to change, freshen up or take a break, it was a little bit more of a walk than we wanted. Despite wearing crocs (hush! Like a fellow DIS'er says, "They're like crack for feet"),

You Stick to your guns! :thumbsup2
Best thing EVER for a full park day!
Have you seen the new ones - only half as ugly! ;)

Okay - At the risk of being branded a WDW Heretic - I'll, say this AGAIN!

If WDW is suposed to be the "show place" of the Disney Universe -
WHY OH WHY DOES DL HAVE BETTER STUFF THAN WDW!

6a01156faa621f970c01347feb77f4970c-500wi.jpg

Most of the stuff that is better was built by Walt.....

Remember him? The guy who cared about quality and didnt care how much it cost! :confused3

Wonderful trip report and the pictures are great. It's helping me with my "not going back to Disney 'til May" blues.

Where do your disneydork shirts come from? Did you make them yourself or have them printed? Curious since it uses Disney imagery if it is from Disney itself but they are so unique. Awesome you had red ones for this trip.

We make them ourselves. We buy high quality heat transfer paper, print them with a laser printer and we have our own heat press. We buy tshirts at bulk for about 3 bucks each. :)

You Stick to your guns! :thumbsup2
Best thing EVER for a full park day!
Have you seen the new ones - only half as ugly! ;)

We have the new mickey ones with the white strips on the bottom. Love them.!

6a01156faa621f970c01347feb77f4970c-500wi.jpg

It is kind of strange. But DL is Walt's park, so many things there were built/designed/imagineered by him. Plus, DL has to cater so much to the 1 million AP holders who visit weekly or a couple times a month. So the park gets more attention I think because of that. WDW is a vacation destination for most people, who only visit once a year on average. One thing I notice though, to save money they try to build the same attraction at both parks at the same time now, like Little Mermaid and Toy Story Mania.

Most of the stuff that is better was built by Walt.....

Remember him? The guy who cared about quality and didnt care how much it cost! :confused3

New monorail - not Walt
enhanced SM - Not Walt
Indiana Jones Ride - My fave ride ever- Not Walt
World of color - Not Walt
Way better Fantasmic - Not Walt
:rolleyes: Must I go on...

New monorail - not Walt
enhanced SM - Not Walt
Indiana Jones Ride - My fave ride ever- Not Walt
World of color - Not Walt
Way better Fantasmic - Not Walt
:rolleyes: Must I go on...

LOL actually the new monorail at DL, the Mark VIII(?) was the exact design that Walt worked on with the imagineers. The first version of the monorail just never looked like the drawing. The backdrop of the monorails at the Top of the Tower is the original drawing. So actually, they just made them FINALLY look like they were meant to be.

The rest of your list, I have no comment. LOL

Oh you forgot HM overlay and SM overlay, Not Walt. ;)

Oh and BTW, we got to see World of Color the final night and I have to say, you all need to get to California and see this show. It's worth the trip alone.

The Magic Kingdom in Florida is the #1 visited theme park in the world...

In the eyes of the suits.....why spend money if you dont need to?

Makes me sad too, but its just the way it is.....

The Magic Kingdom in Florida is the #1 visited theme park in the world...

In the eyes of the suits.....why spend money if you dont need to?

Makes me sad too, but its just the way it is.....

I suspect, though never measured it up, that if you looked at the relative size, DLR has a higher "profit density".

The cost to build and maintain the much larger WDW and power WDW are probably much more.

Simple put my intuition is that the margins are higher at DLR, so a wiser place to reinvest in.

This is only my guess, I've never compared any numbers on this.

Finally made it through the rest of the TR. I'm really enamoured with the personalized shirts you two made. If you make it to Gay Days in Florida will you make some styled for WDW or where the DL style? It's also nice you brought some good sports to introduce to all Disneyland has to offer, I wouldn't expect less from a Dinsneydork! :)

Finally made it through the rest of the TR. I'm really enamoured with the personalized shirts you two made. If you make it to Gay Days in Florida will you make some styled for WDW or where the DL style? It's also nice you brought some good sports to introduce to all Disneyland has to offer, I wouldn't expect less from a Dinsneydork! :)

We're more than willing to make a Disneydork shirt for anyone as long as people order their own Tshirt and mail it to us. We can do it relatively cheaply and mail it back for only about 20 bucks total. As far as a WDW version, we tried to figure out a Disneydork styled for WDW, but nothing ever really worked. Dork replaced the word Land very nicely. Of course we could just do one in the lettering style of WDW from the 70's.

Thank you for your take on "Gay Day" at Disneyland. Loved the pics. Hubby and I were also at the park on saturday. The sea of red shirts as we walked the park holding hands was refreshing. We live very close to the park and yet this was our first "Gay Day", I'm hoping it won't be our last.

It was a great feeling, seeing the sea of red shirts. It was refreshing to have total strangers strike up conversations, say Hi, wave, etc. Nice warm fuzzy feeling. :)

If you were to do a WDW shirt, I would think this would be the most recognizable font with the "Global" D....

wdw_retro_resort_leagues_040606.jpg

If you were to do a WDW shirt, I would think this would be the most recognizable font with the "Global" D....

wdw_retro_resort_leagues_040606.jpg

Yeah I think that could work. Steven bought a tshirt with that same old design with the global D, so we have something to go from.

Awesome TR -- thanks for posting it!

I've only been to DL Gay Days once, but I still remember getting chills when I saw the sea of red shirts at opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter