Disneyland Feb 1-3

llachance

DIS Veteran
Who we are - 10 in number ranging in age from 20 to 62. It was my daughter's 21st birthday this past week and this is where we came to celebrate.

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn on Clementine. Can't recommend this hotel enough. It is within walking distance (about 15 minutes) from the park or you can buy tickets for Anaheim Transportation in the lobby. They also sell all the Disney Ticket options in the lobby as well although the desk has limited hours. This time I opted for the 2 story penthouse room. We had 7 adults staying together and I wanted the 2nd bathroom. There was a king, a queen, a pullout sofa bed and we had one on the floor. We still could move around and didn't trip over each other. Full breakfast in the morning including eggs, bacon, waffles, french toast, juice, coffee and all kinds of cereal including oatmeal. It can get crowded but when the weather is nice there is an outdoor patio.

We were only in the park on Saturday. We had park hoppers (I actually bought an annual pass since I will be visiting at least 2 more times this year alone). Started on in the Magic Kingdom and went on Buzz Lightyear and Indiana Jones while waiting for the kids who were on Finding Nemo (I went on this ride later in the evening and to be perfectly honest I prefer the Disneyworld version - but this is just my opinion). We headed over to California Adventure and went on Sorin, Grizzly River Rapids (I packed ponchos so as to not get too wet) and most of the rides at Paradise Pier. I hate how it is blocked off now and can't wait for the refurb to be done. Hit tower of Terror then headed back to the Magic Kingdom and went on Buzz again and the Matterhorn. Stood in line for a while for Roger Rabbit and it broke down. Didn't wait around to see when it would open up. Headed out to dinner at Espn Zone where they conveniently lost my on-line reservations yet again but since we were there early enough they were able to accomodate us if we had been later it would have been troublesome because we had a party of 14 at that point. That said the server was very attentive, the drinks were potent and the food was pretty good.

Headed back to the hotel as the fireworks started. You can actually see them from some of the rooms on the front of the property but we weren't located there. Just stood on the sidewalk and watched and walked. Got up Sunday morning and it was raining pretty hard so decided to head back to San Jose. There were rumours that there was to be snow on the Grapevine and I didn't want to deal with that so made it home in time for the 2nd half of the Super Bowl.

We will be going back and staying at the same hotel in May for future son-in-laws birthday and again Labor Day weekend while we participate in the 3rd annual Disneyland Half Marathon.

was sunny but cool 61 or so. Sunday was rainy but the forecast in the future says sun.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter