Disneyland Express ?

Wishes4ev

Mouseketeer
I have read many online reports that the only in California isn't as "Magical" as the one in Florida.
I wanted to use the DLEXP, instead of renting a car , or taking a cab. Would staying offsite be a better idea ? I am very new to the DL experience.

DME is only available to WDW Resort guests and is complimentary.

DLE is avaiable to most DLR area hotels and is not free. It has nothing to do with onsite or off.

Try reading the DLR guide for WDW vets. It goes over many of differences such as transport and hotels.

I am planning on using DLE for our first trip ever to DL and I think it is like anything.... You will find half the people have a great experience and half do not. You can't compare it to the one in DW because it is not run by Disney so don't expect the magic. For me, it is a surprise trip and my wife will not know where we are going until that bus pulls up to the airport and we get on. A taxi or super shuttle would not be the same as the big painted bus.

You can't compare it to the one in DW because it is not run by Disney so don't expect the magic.

Technically you can compare them. Niether are operated by Disney, they both contract with Disney to be the official transport. The main difference is in my post above. DME is included in WDW stays, DLE is a seperate cost. Another difference is DME runs buses that are Disney decorated and have Disney movies playing inside most of the time, DLE does but only some of the time. DLE will take people offsite, where as DME only takes people onsite.

The main thing is both can get you to your vacation destination, but that doesn't mean both are the best option you will have.

We've taken the DisneyLand Express twice this year: the first time it was a nice, clean, large bus that was just fine. It doesn't have the Disney movie playing or whatever, but it's fine (though the driver was rude). The second time was a normal passenger van that had definitely seen better days. We were sure that it was just driving us over to the bus, but um, no. It was fine, we got to our hotel safely, but it certainly was expensive for an uncomfortable ride (the bus and van cost the same amount).

I'm going again in December, and I'm sure that I'll just take the DLE because I don't want to rent a car or deal with anything else. It's easy, takes me right to the hotel, and at the end of it I'm still at Disneyland.

We've taken the DisneyLand Express twice this year: the first time it was a nice, clean, large bus that was just fine. It doesn't have the Disney movie playing or whatever, but it's fine (though the driver was rude). The second time was a normal passenger van that had definitely seen better days. We were sure that it was just driving us over to the bus, but um, no. It was fine, we got to our hotel safely, but it certainly was expensive for an uncomfortable ride (the bus and van cost the same amount).

Are you sure the shuttle van was the DLE? :confused3 I have seen vans and shuttles with DLE written on them, that are not the same thing. They are posing as them to get people on (they usually say they are "the same thing"). Last year we had 2 different vans try to say they were the DLE when we were heading back to the airport.:scared1: I waited for the bus, the vans and shuttles looked old and nasty.

The second time was a normal passenger van that had definitely seen better days.
I guarantee this was not thee Disneyland Express. There are imposters that try to take their business - and often succeed. We almost got on an imposter but I just couldn't believe it was the same company. So I grilled the driver until he collapsed and acknowledged that he was not the DLE we were waiting for. AND he was going to charge us MORE money than DLE....AND it smelled like cigarettes on the inside. I always say, if it doesn't "wow" you when it pulls up, don't get on.

I've been on the DLE when it shows videos and I've been on it when it doesn't. Next time someone rides it, if the video isn't playing, ask the driver to turn it on. Then report back to us and tell us what happens.

The markets for DME between WDW and DLR are vastly different.

1: DLR has far more local visitors and frequent visit AP'ers than WDW. Less need for DME than WDW.

2: Los Angeles area has 5 airports, Orlando area has 2 with 90% going to MCO.

Ah, that makes sense. He told us that it was the same thing, so we believed him, but yeah, it was definitely a different experience (someone had been smoking in the van, the seat belts were broken, and the entire thing was rattling down the highway). He charged the same amount and gave us a little receipt (which I should look at to see what it says...uh, if I can find it).

When I go in December, I'll be sure to wait until I see the bus.

I guarantee this was not thee Disneyland Express. There are imposters that try to take their business - and often succeed. We almost got on an imposter but I just couldn't believe it was the same company. So I grilled the driver until he collapsed and acknowledged that he was not the DLE we were waiting for. AND he was going to charge us MORE money than DLE....AND it smelled like cigarettes on the inside. I always say, if it doesn't "wow" you when it pulls up, don't get on.

The problem is in the naming. Every post in this thread has referred to "Disneyland Express"...... Disneyland Express IS the nasty imposter shuttle van company.

The clean cushy painted buses are the Disneyland RESORT Express. They are operated by Grayline Charters.

The problem is in the naming. Every post in this thread has referred to "Disneyland Express"...... Disneyland Express IS the nasty imposter shuttle van company.

The clean cushy painted buses are the Disneyland RESORT Express. They are operated by Grayline Charters.

Thanks everyone. I read the link in the earlier post , what has everyones' experience been as far as onsite /offsite ? I was looking to stay offsite to save some dough, but I would love to get in on the TTMM and the other early hours.

Thanks everyone. I read the link in the earlier post , what has everyones' experience been as far as onsite /offsite ? I was looking to stay offsite to save some dough, but I would love to get in on the TTMM and the other early hours.

If you get a 3 days hopper you will get one MM(Magic Morning). MM is on Tue, Thur, Sat and Sun. So depending when you go and how many days you may not gain more staying onsite. The other onsite or package benefits are nice, but in a sense you will pay $100 or more per day for them.

Offsite you can stay closer and it will be 1/2 to 1/3 as much.

This and more tips are covered in the thread I posted a link to earlier.
DLR Guide for WDW Vets

If you get a 3 days hopper you will get one MM(Magic Morning). MM is on Tue, Thur, Sat and Sun. So depending when you go and how many days you may not gain more staying onsite. The other onsite or package benefits are nice, but in a sense you will pay $100 or more per day for them.

Offsite you can stay closer and it will be 1/2 to 1/3 as much.

This and more tips are covered in the thread I posted a link to earlier.
DLR Guide for WDW Vets

That's the problem, I have the Premier AP , so buying the hoppers is not an option for me.Yea , I am still going thru that thread. Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter