Disneyland Early Morning Attraction Wait Times - July 15 and July 22

Matrixleos

DIS Veteran
We're going to be in Disneyland on Thursday, July 29th (my birthday :) ) and wanted to track the morning wait times for the previous two Thursday's.

Below are the morning wait times for July 15 and I will upload the morning wait times for July 22nd next week to this thread. I also did one for Disney California Adventure for July 16 and 23 and they are linked below if you wanted to check out DCA's Early Morning Attraction Times...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ction-wait-times-july-16-and-july-23.3845517/

Not sure if anyone will find this useful or not but wanted to share this information I collected in case anyone else wanted to use them for reference.

Keep the following in mind....

1) These are the times listed for each ride based on the Disneyland app on Thursday, July 15
2) These are estimated times listed on the DL app and wait times could be more or less than the minutes listed
3) The yellow TC are listed next to the rides that Temporarily Closed (Surprised it occurred a lot more than what I expected)
4) I only tracked hours from park opening till 11:00am, as I want to use them as guides to put together a Park Opening strategy since we will be there at rope drop.

DL Wait Times 7.15.JPG

Last edited:
Disneyland website and app were down for about 1 hour but I was otherwise able to record all the wait times listed on the app in the morning of July 22nd.

Keep the following in mind....

1) These are the times listed for each ride based on the Disneyland app on Thursday, July 22
2) These are estimated times listed on the DL app and wait times could be more or less than the minutes listed
3) The yellow TC are listed next to the rides that Temporarily Closed (Surprised it occurred a lot more than what I expected)
4) I only tracked hours from park opening till 11:00am, as I want to use them as guides to put together a Park Opening strategy since we will be there at rope drop.

DL 7.22.JPG

Last edited:

I hope you have a wonderful trip! We just returned. You will be SHOCKED by how many attractions go down and how often. It was a real bummer. Hopefully you do not experience the same!

This is amazing! I always check wait times throughout the day for a couple weeks before a trip but I've never thought to write it down let alone make a spreadsheet! And I do love a good spreadsheet.

Toon Town always opens one hour after the rest of the park.

So is it worth doing Indy at rope drop? I don't want to burn 35 minutes of morning time that I could spend doing 2-3 other rides. OTOH, this could be the only decent wait time for Indy?

So is it worth doing Indy at rope drop? I don't want to burn 35 minutes of morning time that I could spend doing 2-3 other rides. OTOH, this could be the only decent wait time for Indy?
Indy is a consistent 35-50 minutes at rope drop if you're not one of the first people on line. People flock to it like crazy.

Personally I'd skip it. Do BTMRR, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash and even Millennium Falcon in that first hour with wait times in that 5 - 20 minute range each (most at 5 minutes that first hour). Then go and wait for Indy, do Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room and then get a Dole Whip. Hopefully by that time, your BG will get called up for Rise of the Resistance.

You can knock out the whole left side of the park within the first 2 hours if you time everything right. I'm leaning towards that route compared to starting in Fantasyland.

Especially since most of Fantasyland was still at 5 - 20 minutes at around 10am. If your group does single rider on the Matterhorn, you can knock out the whole left side and Fantasyland by noon and just in time for a lunch break. Need to check out the times for next Thursday to see if there are similar patterns as today had.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks so much for this! Looking forward to more!

I think we will be tweaking our park strategy as well, although we won't be there until the end of August (crossing fingers it will be slightly less crowded with Cali schools back in session). I think we will be trying to complete rides in one area before moving on to another.

On a side note, I have also been watching ride times. I have seen Indy times decrease in the evenings (after 6 pm). That might be our strategy. On the other hand, Space Mountain is high all day and night, unless you hit a freak after-breakdown time.

I am now thinking we will hit Space Mtn at rope drop, then do all of tomorrow land and select rides in Frontier land. We will be saving MFSR for late in the evening. Maybe Indy too.

I am noticing all the rides breaking down and it takes me back about 5 years when this was prevalent. :guilty:

Wow! Thanks so much for this! Looking forward to more!

I think we will be tweaking our park strategy as well, although we won't be there until the end of August (crossing fingers it will be slightly less crowded with Cali schools back in session). I think we will be trying to complete rides in one area before moving on to another.

On a side note, I have also been watching ride times. I have seen Indy times decrease in the evenings (after 6 pm). That might be our strategy. On the other hand, Space Mountain is high all day and night, unless you hit a freak after-breakdown time.

I am now thinking we will hit Space Mtn at rope drop, then do all of tomorrow land and select rides in Frontier land. We will be saving MFSR for late in the evening. Maybe Indy too.

I am noticing all the rides breaking down and it takes me back about 5 years when this was prevalent. :guilty:
I like your plan. I’ll probably do the same.

I just uploaded the wait times for July 22nd on the 2nd post of this thread and the wait times for July 15th is on the first post.

Based on the past 2 Thursdays that I have tracked, I'm starting to think it might be best to tackle the left side of the park the first two hours from rope drop and then hit Fantasyland around 10am. Especially since the Fantasyland wait time are pretty manageable if you go there before 11am. I'll have to think about this a bit more.

I'll be tracking DCA tomorrow for July 23rd morning.

Thanks for this! We will be there Aug 1-4 (Sun- Wed) so different days of the week but this gives me a great idea of the wait times. I've been monitoring for a few weeks but I think I'll take your idea and jot down the wait time starting tomorrow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter