Disneyland Divas working out, getting healthy, and looking fine in '09!!

Did 45 minutes on the elliptical and some weights today. Skipped the saunas. And I haven't had chocolate in like three days. Still sugar, but at least no chocolate. That's something. Not much. But something.

Got my swine flu vaccine shot today. No lines. Getting the boys theirs on Monday.

If weather cooperates, hope to get in some outside runs. If not, to the gym.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Did 50 minutes on the eliptical last night. My knee didn't hurt during it but it hurts again now. I am going to my first of many holiday parties tonight. I will try to not exceed my daily points as I need to save my wa points for my cookie party sunday.

Sarah

Jen, if you're gonna eat sugar, you might as well eat chocolate which has some anti-oxidants. ;)

Great on the exercise!

Sarah, you're doing great.

I went to the gym today - wasted some time over the cell phone policy. They have always said they are not allowed. The reason there were no signs is coz the cell phone idiots keep taking them down.

The other day the gal said she put up some new signs. Great. I see it's all curled up from the fan. I spread it out and it says "please be sensitive to others when using your cell phone."

The guys agreed that sounds like permission to use cell phones (as one fool did today, just walking and talking on the treadmill, as if he was in his living room).

They said to tell the owner, which I will.

Anyway, I did 30 minutes before I was late to go somewhere. Tomorrow, I'm back.

Today has been rather good for a Sunday. Brunch was a carne asada burrito, had a few chocolate covered sourdough pretzels and dinner was KFC grilled chicken, corn on the cob and biscuit. I walked Jingles for 30 minutes, would have done more but it was FREEZING!

Did ok overall this weekend. The cookie party was great. I had 10 cookies I think but it was so filling that I didn't eat dinner after. I haven't worked out since thursday night but am going tonight before going home to decorate the tree.

Sarah

Today has been rather good for a Sunday. Brunch was a carne asada burrito, had a few chocolate covered sourdough pretzels and dinner was KFC grilled chicken, corn on the cob and biscuit. I walked Jingles for 30 minutes, would have done more but it was FREEZING!

Cristabel: Have you checked out the American Diabetes Association site? Looks like there is a lot of great information, including local resources which may just be free. Here is a link for an online tool to count calories and carbohydrates:
http://http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/my-food-advisor/

Also, have you made an appointment to see your doctor? Good luck with this! :cheer2:

I did a 45 minute run yesterday and made it to the gym for 40 minutes of cardio and then a little weights. Slowly trying to get back into it. I think I exercised four or five days last week and will try to do the same this week.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just wanted to clarify that I don't have diabetes but have the symptoms of pre-diabetes. I'm working to lose 20lbs in the next month to get rid of these symptoms.

Thank you for your support!

Cristabel: Have you checked out the American Diabetes Association site? Looks like there is a lot of great information, including local resources which may just be free. Here is a link for an online tool to count calories and carbohydrates:
http://http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/my-food-advisor/

Also, have you made an appointment to see your doctor? Good luck with this! :cheer2:

I don't have a doctor and I hate going to the doctor's office so I stay away unless I'm dying. Right now we're having issues with our insurance not covering me because they're having difficult communicating with my school to verify that I'm a full-time student. I know I should go but I know I won't.

My grandfather was diabetic and some of my older male cousins (late 30s) have it. I'm able to check my blood sugar because my grandma still has my late grandpa's equipment. Last time we checked, not too long ago, I was in the normal range. I've dramatically reduced the sugars and fat in my diet which is helping a lot with my energy. I'm now eating complex carbs (lentils, brown rice, whole wheat pasta and few of them.

I don't have a doctor and I hate going to the doctor's office so I stay away unless I'm dying. Right now we're having issues with our insurance not covering me because they're having difficult communicating with my school to verify that I'm a full-time student. I know I should go but I know I won't.

My grandfather was diabetic and some of my older male cousins (late 30s) have it. I'm able to check my blood sugar because my grandma still has my late grandpa's equipment. Last time we checked, not too long ago, I was in the normal range. I've dramatically reduced the sugars and fat in my diet which is helping a lot with my energy. I'm now eating complex carbs (lentils, brown rice, whole wheat pasta and few of them.

Cristabel: I'm very sorry that you have that attitude about your doctor. I'd much rather see you go to the doctor's to prevent a disease than wait until you're almost dying to visit. Doctors are there to help us stay healthy, as well as to help us when we are sick. And it is always best to figure out insurance while we are still healthy, as it is the last thing you would want to do if you were not well. I wish you the best with this on whatever course you choose to take to manage it.

Cristabel: I'm very sorry that you have that attitude about your doctor. I'd much rather see you go to the doctor's to prevent a disease than wait until you're almost dying to visit. Doctors are there to help us stay healthy, as well as to help us when we are sick. And it is always best to figure out insurance while we are still healthy, as it is the last thing you would want to do if you were not well. I wish you the best with this on whatever course you choose to take to manage it.

We just dealt with so much crap from doctors that it's a real PITA and horrible experience. I've been within the last two years to make sure I didn't have diabetes, hypothyrodism, high blood pressure etc. You know, the run of the mill tests. Everything came out negative and they just said for me to focus on losing weight.

We have yet to find a doctor who actually cares about their patients instead of caring about when they can leave for the day.

Went to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio and some tummy work and teensy bit of weights. Can't say I enjoyed it, but I did it. I need to remember my iPhone, as the music is so faint (everything is quiet here in Switzerland) and on the tv was curling. Not exactly energizing.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
Enthusiasm releases the drive to carry you over obstacles and adds significance to all you do.
Norman Vincent Peale quotes

Hello, hello, hello ladies!!

I'm still around. lol I read back and congrats to those of you who are still here, fighting the good fight, hanging in there and working hard!! You inspire me!! :worship: :cheer2:

I am still plucking away. It's rough, but on November 4 was when I weighed in at 238. A real low point and eye opener for me to see I had allowed myself to gain so much back. :sad2:

Now today, a little over a month later, I am at 219 for a loss of almost 20 pounds. That was hard!!! Especially with Thanksgiving and the Divas visiting. But I'm really trying to get back to where I was before, the low teens. It's just a shame I'm having to do all this work, only to get to a spot on the scale where I already was. Grrrrr. :rolleyes:

Not sure how well I'll do this month. Many temptations lurk ahead. Adam's birthday, a lunch date with Amy and Jane, a promised two day baking spree with my girls, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. :scared1:

I'm just happy for now to be back down from how high I'd gotten. I really need to watch it. It's just so easy to slip, and let those pounds creep back on.

Keep on keeping on ladies!!! Be strong and healthy! :grouphug:

Hello, hello, hello ladies!!

I'm still around. lol I read back and congrats to those of you who are still here, fighting the good fight, hanging in there and working hard!! You inspire me!! :worship: :cheer2:

I am still plucking away. It's rough, but on November 4 was when I weighed in at 238. A real low point and eye opener for me to see I had allowed myself to gain so much back. :sad2:

Now today, a little over a month later, I am at 219 for a loss of almost 20 pounds. That was hard!!! Especially with Thanksgiving and the Divas visiting. But I'm really trying to get back to where I was before, the low teens. It's just a shame I'm having to do all this work, only to get to a spot on the scale where I already was. Grrrrr. :rolleyes:

Not sure how well I'll do this month. Many temptations lurk ahead. Adam's birthday, a lunch date with Amy and Jane, a promised two day baking spree with my girls, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. :scared1:

I'm just happy for now to be back down from how high I'd gotten. I really need to watch it. It's just so easy to slip, and let those pounds creep back on.

Keep on keeping on ladies!!! Be strong and healthy! :grouphug:

Oh my!! 20 pounds with Thanksgiving and a divas trip to Vegas?? Well consider me IMPRESSED!!! GO GIRLFRIEND! YOU ROCK!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Congratulations Beth! :woohoo:

Beth, that is fantastic!!!:banana::cheer2: Great news.
Okay, what my trainer has said to me is that any moves in the right direction is good. So even knowing that you have challenges this month (and who doesn't?), if you're careful the other days, and you exercise, you can get through this with a loss on the scales.

I'm having a tough time myself. Stress eating. And the gym saga- I email the owner and they do remove the ambiguous signs (which seem to give permission to use the phone). Yesterday a woman is on the bikes, and on her phone the entire time. She's making one call after another. I am at the back of the room but can hear her through my earphones.

I ignore her and turn up my volume. 30 minutes has gone by. Now she moves to a treadmill very close to those of us who are in the back. She stands on her unmoving treadmill and makes a call. I still don't say anything. But then she starts dialing.

At that point I very nicely say that I'm sorry to bother her, but maybe she didn't know that you're not allowed to use the cellphone in here. It's all right she says, she's a doctor.

Yup.

So I say could you then just step out of the room? No. And (she said this) you can't make me.

I don't think I've heard that since kindergarden. So I leave and tell the manager downstairs. An older man was there, he might have been the owner. they were both incensed over this and said they were going right up there. He especially was ticked over the "I'm a doctor," line.

So you can imagine, I didn't want to go to the gym today. I will return, and plan on not seeing her.

Went to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio and some tummy work and teensy bit of weights. Can't say I enjoyed it, but I did it. I need to remember my iPhone, as the music is so faint (everything is quiet here in Switzerland) and on the tv was curling. Not exactly energizing.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
Enthusiasm releases the drive to carry you over obstacles and adds significance to all you do.
Norman Vincent Peale quotes

Great job, Jen. But what is curling?

I'm having a tough time myself. Stress eating. And the gym saga- I email the owner and they do remove the ambiguous signs (which seem to give permission to use the phone). Yesterday a woman is on the bikes, and on her phone the entire time. She's making one call after another. I am at the back of the room but can hear her through my earphones.

I ignore her and turn up my volume. 30 minutes has gone by. Now she moves to a treadmill very close to those of us who are in the back. She stands on her unmoving treadmill and makes a call. I still don't say anything. But then she starts dialing.

At that point I very nicely say that I'm sorry to bother her, but maybe she didn't know that you're not allowed to use the cellphone in here. It's all right she says, she's a doctor.

Yup.

So I say could you then just step out of the room? No. And (she said this) you can't make me.

I don't think I've heard that since kindergarden. So I leave and tell the manager downstairs. An older man was there, he might have been the owner. they were both incensed over this and said they were going right up there. He especially was ticked over the "I'm a doctor," line.

So you can imagine, I didn't want to go to the gym today. I will return, and plan on not seeing her.

Great job, Jen. But what is curling?

Sorry about the cell phone saga. Just think of it as an exercise to relax and let go and not let outside distractions upset you. You'd probably like the Swiss gym. Everything is very quiet and everyone follows the rules and I don't think anyone would DARE talk on a cell phone. Swiss are very very rule oriented and if you don't follow, well you can bet that at least one person will reprimand you for going astray. Can actually be a bit unnerving.

And, and curling is like shuffleboard on ice (at least I think curling is the name for it). One person pushes the disc thingy and two people brush the ice to try to guide the puck.

No exercise yesterday or today. Hoping weather cooperates and I get some runs in this weekend. Did make it exercising 5 days in a row, which was good.

I have a call maybe about a job today. Must admit that all this applying and not getting anything is chipping away at my confidence. I SO know that it shouldn't and that I can't take all of this personally. Must give myself pep talk to prepare for call. :thumbsup2

QUOTE OF THE DAY
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
~ Michael Jordan

Morning ladies!!

Donna, sorry about the cell phone hassles. Good grief, some people are so rude and thoughtless of others. :sad2:

Jen, good luck with the phone call about the job! Hang in there.

I am going to bake all day once the twins are in school. Planning to give it out to friends and neighbors as early gifts, but the trick will be to not eat any of it myself!! Well, okay, I cannot say not eat any. I have to make sure it turned out okay. But a bite, one bite, and no more of each thing I make. I am determined!! And this from someone who loves chocolate chip cookie dough. Wish me luck! ;)

Prep talk to self for nothing. Turns out the guy I talked to didn't have any job openings anyway. Does not look promising that I will be able to secure job with my old employer HP. All the leads I'm chasing turn into dead ends.

Oh well, hopefully brighter employment options in my future. Maybe once I learn German...can get a job where I can speak English, Russian, German and a little Spanish. Hmmm... For now I'll keep busy with haus frauing.

Good luck with the baking Beth. I wish I could bake. Even more intimidating here where the ingredients are a bit different. Would like to make something for my neighbors. Just need a little inspiration.

Jen, I would love that Swiss gym. I remember really liking how dependable and clean Switzerland was. I know there are two sides to it though (first husband went to school there for 4 years).

Exercising 5 days in a row is great!!:yay:

Morning ladies!!

Donna, sorry about the cell phone hassles. Good grief, some people are so rude and thoughtless of others. :sad2:

I am going to bake all day once the twins are in school. Planning to give it out to friends and neighbors as early gifts, but the trick will be to not eat any of it myself!! Well, okay, I cannot say not eat any. I have to make sure it turned out okay. But a bite, one bite, and no more of each thing I make. I am determined!! And this from someone who loves chocolate chip cookie dough. Wish me luck! ;)

Hi Beth, most of the people in this gym are really considerate. So it's especially annoying to have such a bad egg. I went back there today, hoping I wouldn't see her and I didn't. I did 45 min on the cross trainer!!
Downside is that I'm eating too much and eating more carbs than usual.

Oh gosh, I want to say rethink eating raw cookie dough. YOu can google it, there is a woman who ate that (hers was a store made cookie dough I think) and she is now partially paralyzed.

Prep talk to self for nothing. Turns out the guy I talked to didn't have any job openings anyway. Does not look promising that I will be able to secure job with my old employer HP. All the leads I'm chasing turn into dead ends.

Oh well, hopefully brighter employment options in my future. Maybe once I learn German...can get a job where I can speak English, Russian, German and a little Spanish. Hmmm... For now I'll keep busy with haus frauing.

Good luck with the baking Beth. I wish I could bake. Even more intimidating here where the ingredients are a bit different. Would like to make something for my neighbors. Just need a little inspiration.

Jen, you speak all those languages? Someone should hire you!
It is such a tough job market everywhere, but people are breaking through.

It's so hard to keep away from food during this season. Someone asked me for a recipe and I realized I didn't want to look at it!

Jen, you speak all those languages? Someone should hire you!

Don't speak all those languages. I've studied all of them. Difference, unfortunately.

Made it to the gym today and did 45 minutes on the elliptical and then some weights. My parents arrive Tuesday and my brother and his kids on Wednesday. It's going to be real challenging to exercise from then until Jan 10.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
It is easier to suppress the first desire than to satisfy all that follow.
- Anonymous

:scared1:
Getting back on track after splurging is sooooo hard.

Went to RFC this weekend as well as lunch at Olive Garden. Had some pie and other no-nos. Today already indulged in Breakfast Lasagna.

I have to get back on track asap or the holidays will do me in!!! I already gained 3 pounds back just over the weekend. :rolleyes:

Dieting during Christmas time is almost a mission impossible. Almost. Gotta do better the rest of the day and the rest of the days leading up to Christmas.

I did well on Friday with all the baking!!! I kept my music on, so I was busy with that, and kept mint gum in my mouth. Even with all the baking I did, I only had 3 cookies the whole day!! I was so proud. So I know it can be done, I just need to get back to doing it.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter