Disneyland Diamond Celebration June exercise challenge -- making dreams come true minute by minute!

Just a quick heads up ... I got the July thread up faster than I thought I would (so let me know if you see any typos, k?).

http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-daily-birthdays-–-july-exercise-challenge.3423448/

In July we'll be celebrating Disney birthdays - I hope you'll all come celebrate with us!

Thanks for hostessing the July challenge, Sarah:thanks:!

Today was an active day and I finally managed to do a DVD workout and added some stretching. So, I am up to:

5525/600!

Not sure how much more time I get in tomorrow and on Tuesday as both days are very busy for me. We will see! But I am happy that the month has not been a total failure!

Looks like a successful month to me, Magdalene. :hug:

I did my first ever kettlebell workout today. I don't own any kettlebells yet, but used my heaviest dumbbell instead for now and managed to make it work. That was followed by a HITT cardio workout, which was tough but I noticed that certain things are getting easier now(burpees, jogging in place, high knees).

1160/1100

Wow! That program has worked great for you! :cool2:

I literally walked my feet off today. Two straight hours at the zoo with the family. And we took the scenic walking path to the car on our way home. My quads are burning!
120 min

I made my goal!!!!
825/750

Congratulations! :goodvibes

Hey guys its been way too long since I posted. I did my first 5k in two years yesterday in 52 minutes, which was better than my last one. I'm also doing another one on the 4th so wish me luck!
227/350

Congratulations on your 5k and good luck on the next one! :thumbsup2

30 minutes of yoga today, and I'm amazed I forced myself to do that :).

1250/1000

:woohoo:

1618/1600

I am pooped! We walked and walked in the redwoods then on the beach then at the marina. Then dh and I raced to the hotel freezer for ice packs for our heels! The only anti inflammatory we have is Tylenol pm! Can't take that til bedtime. :cloud9: Get old is not for wimps! :charac2:

I know the feeling! :flower3:

So many awesome posts from Sunday! It's crazy!

I did a run in the pouring rain. It was my first training run in a long time and despite the rain and cooler temps (think low 50s) it was kinda fun, leaping over puddles with a single bound, having people look at my like I'm insane and I had the trail section all to myself! I also did a bit of yoga to stretch out.

72 minutes

1805/2000

Sweet! Nice job and I agree that this thread is filled with awesome posts this final Sunday! :cool2:

I would love to have some cool temps -- it's 4 a.m. here and it is already 77! :faint:

It was a rest day for me yesterday although I met my step goal. BRB with the updated numbers.

So many awesome numbers being posted this week-end! This TEAM certainly knows how to finish strong! :cool2: And with finishing strong there are a lot of color changes to report so here we go! :tink:Kudos to everyone for continuing to get those activityminutes and posting! :thanks:

Please join me in congratulating these guests who turned Peter Pan Flight Green!
SarahDisney
roxymama
glss1/2fll

And please join me in congratulating these guests who turned Disneyland Firehouse Red!
Dis_Yoda
PollyannaMom
hmack

Also please congratulate Sleeping*Beauty who turned Paint the Night Parade Purple and Rose&Mike who turned Sleeping Beauty Castle Pink!

Let's talk about the Disneyland Forever Fireworks one more time.
fireworks.jpg

The finale song of the Fireworks show is called “Kiss Goodnight” and was written by Richard M. Sherman who is a Disney legend. You may have sung one of his songs regularly, “It’s a Small World.”

Starting off the third week of this eight week program with a glute, inner, and outer thigh routine and an abs and obliques workout which brings me to 1220/1100.

I'm very pleased with the program so far, I will more than likely purchase another eight week one because I like the structure and it's so much easier than trying to get a plan set up by myself. Well worth the $10.

the MOST important thing is that you don't give up on yourself.

Maybe you get in a few minutes today and more minutes tomorrow and before you know it, the slate is wiped clean and it's a whole new month. So next month, you readjust your goals as needed and you try again.

We're Disney fans. How many times have you seen the hero or heroine appear down for the count and they percieve in the end?

I think that while this is set up as a month to month challenge, for a lot of us developing healthy habits thing is a whole life challenge. We all struggle but in the grand scheme of things it's how we react to the struggles that count the most.

I believe in every person on this thread and everyone from last month and everyone from next month. Because just showing up means something. It means something big. It means that we make a committment to ourself to move a lot and sweat sometimes, get healthy and make ourselves a priority.

so YEAH to each of us, no matter what number you hit we all showed up and we're pretty darn great.

That's okay! Next month awaits and you will kill it!

30 minutes yoga, 30 minutes pilates.

1310/1000

Maybe you get in a few minutes today and more minutes tomorrow and before you know it, the slate is wiped clean and it's a whole new month. So next month, you readjust your goals as needed and you try again.

We're Disney fans. How many times have you seen the hero or heroine appear down for the count and they percieve in the end?

I think that while this is set up as a month to month challenge, for a lot of us developing healthy habits thing is a whole life challenge. We all struggle but in the grand scheme of things it's how we react to the struggles that count the most.

I believe in every person on this thread and everyone from last month and everyone from next month. Because just showing up means something. It means something big. It means that we make a committment to ourself to move a lot and sweat sometimes, get healthy and make ourselves a priority.

so YEAH to each of us, no matter what number you hit we all showed up and we're pretty darn great.

At least you tried - something is better than nothing!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. =) I knew from the start it was going to be a tough month, but I'm totally in for July!

1833/1600

Today's hikes were killers! A 2.8 mile nothin but switchbacks hike in then the same back out! But it was amazingly gorgeous with no sounds but birds and occasionally a stream trickling. Just breath taking. Then another 2 mile in then back out along the Smith River. Finally just a half mile easy loop. Good because that's about all I had left in me! :faint: Tomorrow we just drive home so no more Redwoods. :sad:

Way to move, Disers! What matters is not if we reach our goal but that we thought enough of ourselves and our health to make a goal.

A huge thank you to Lisa for hosting June. :worship: :rose: And thanks to Sarah for taking on July. :teeth:

....and now I have 'it's a small world' stuck in my head...:rockband:

Sorry! :rotfl:

75 minutes of hot yoga! I love a good stretch!
1150/1200
Congrats to all the color changers!

Nice to stretch as you are tapering for your race! Good luck! I will want to hear all about it on the July thread. :goodvibes

Starting off the third week of this eight week program with a glute, inner, and outer thigh routine and an abs and obliques workout which brings me to 1220/1100.

I'm very pleased with the program so far, I will more than likely purchase another eight week one because I like the structure and it's so much easier than trying to get a plan set up by myself. Well worth the $10.

Sounds like it worked very well for you and $10 is not a bad price for a customized and varied workout! ::yes:: Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

I just couldn't do it, guys.

580/1000

It happens to all of us. :hug: I can't tell you how many times I've come up short on these monthly exercise threads but the important thing is that you were here and you tried and we know you'll be with us in July. :goodvibes

So very well said, Heather! :love:

910/900 Walking, sorry to not have posted.

No worries! :flower3:

1833/1600

Today's hikes were killers! A 2.8 mile nothin but switchbacks hike in then the same back out! But it was amazingly gorgeous with no sounds but birds and occasionally a stream trickling. Just breath taking. Then another 2 mile in then back out along the Smith River. Finally just a half mile easy loop. Good because that's about all I had left in me! :faint: Tomorrow we just drive home so no more Redwoods. :sad:

Way to move, Disers! What matters is not if we reach our goal but that we thought enough of ourselves and our health to make a goal.

A huge thank you to Lisa for hosting June. :worship: :rose: And thanks to Sarah for taking on July. :teeth:

Sounds like a great trip! Safe travels home. :goodvibes

I had 30 minutes of walking which brought me to 1410/1000.

BRB with our update.

Our Disneyland Diamond Celebration June Challenge is just about at an end -- you really did make your activity dreams come true one minute at a time! :yay: There is a lot to talk about today so let's get to it!

Please join me in congratulating chbc and glss1/2fll who both turned Peter Pan Flight Green!

And join me in congratulating Flossbolna who turned Disneyland Firehouse Red!

And speaking of Disneyland Firehouse Red, our challenge is not quite done yet we still have ONE WHOLE DAY and we need those minutes because this TEAM is 437 minutes away from turning Disneyland Firehouse Red! :firefight I know that we can hit this milestone before the challenge is through. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

images

I hope that you enjoyed a little peek at this once-in-a-lifetime Diamond Celebration at the Disneyland Resort! pixiedust:

I will update our numbers a time or two today if I can and do the final post first thing in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter