DisneyLand Cali-CND res tickets-can they be validated BEFORE first entry day?

alohamom

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Through a little bit of pixie dust, my kids (21 and 19) are doing their first trip together.

My daughter is speaking at a conference in Tucson and we decided to send my son with her for moral support. It turned out to be less expensive to send them home via Los Angles which has now turned into a 4 day stop over in Anaheim and DLR (so much for less expensive hahaha)

I really dont want them carrying their passports at the park on the first day, which I think is what they need for validation of the Canadian resident tickets.

Can they go the night before to the ticket booths and trade in for hard copy tickets?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

I was told no that they need to be activated on first entry. We carried our Nexus cards for ID anyway so it wasn’t a big issue for us.

I was told no that they need to be activated on first entry. We carried our Nexus cards for ID anyway so it wasn’t a big issue for us.

Thanks @isabellea I am reading about that in past posts but my issue is I really dont want them to carry their passports if they dont have to so I am hoping there is someway they can activate them ahead of time and not on the first park day.

I kind of wish they had Nexus cards, that would be ok but passports are so big

At Disney World last year my DH and kids activated their Canadian resident tickets the day before they actually used them to enter the parks. I've never been to Disneyland though, so I'm not sure if the procedure is different there!

At Disney World last year my DH and kids activated their Canadian resident tickets the day before they actually used them to enter the parks. I've never been to Disneyland though, so I'm not sure if the procedure is different there!

WDW and DLR have different ways to activate the Canadian tickets. At WDW only customer services can do it (at any park, the TTC or Disney Springs). At DLR it is done at the turnstiles when you enter the first time and where they will take your picture, nowhere else unless rules changed since last year.

Normally, you do it at the turnstiles when you enter the park. That is what I did last year. However, this year, I am going to go to the ticket booth on arrival day to see if I can activate them earlier, as I also want to see if I can purchase MaxPass for all 5 days ahead of time, instead of buying it daily after entering the park as it wastes time doing that.

If they are staying close to the park, I would suggest they try activating them at the ticket booth ahead of time. The worst thing that can happen is they say no.

At DL you have to activate them at the turnstile. No way to activate ahead of time. My first time I thought it would be like WDW and I went to the ticket booth. Was told they don’t do it and go to turnstile.
You can phone DL ticket line and ask if a Canadian drivers licence will do. The wording says Canadian Resident. Doesn’t say you have to be a Canadian citizen.

We were just there in February. We were able to take our ID to the ticket booth and get our tickets the day before. At Disneyland, you can use your Canadian Drivers License as ID so we didn't even bring our passports. We just then showed our DLs again when we entered the park for the first time.

We were just there in February. We were able to take our ID to the ticket booth and get our tickets the day before. At Disneyland, you can use your Canadian Drivers License as ID so we didn't even bring our passports. We just then showed our DLs again when we entered the park for the first time.
Interesting. When I tried to do this a couple of years ago, I was told to just go thru turnstile when I want to use ticket , they will be issued there. I wonder if they’ve changed the policies?

Interesting. When I tried to do this a couple of years ago, I was told to just go thru turnstile when I want to use ticket , they will be issued there. I wonder if they’ve changed the policies?

We’ve been twice, 2017 and 2019 with the Canadian Resident tickets and both times tickets were purchased in a package through WestJet so maybe that makes a difference. We had to take the voucher to the ticket booth to pick up our tickets, they verified residency there, and then we had to verify residency again this year the first time we went through the turnstiles. They changed the wording on the tickets for 2019 that implies that you don’t need a passport as proof of residency so we just used our BCDLs and left the passports at the hotel.

We’ve been twice, 2017 and 2019 with the Canadian Resident tickets and both times tickets were purchased in a package through WestJet so maybe that makes a difference. We had to take the voucher to the ticket booth to pick up our tickets, they verified residency there, and then we had to verify residency again this year the first time we went through the turnstiles. They changed the wording on the tickets for 2019 that implies that you don’t need a passport as proof of residency so we just used our BCDLs and left the passports at the hotel.

Good info, thank you!

I bought tickets directly thru Disney. Last year I didn’t even bother going to ticket booth based on prior experience. I just took voucher to turnstile. When we go in Aug, our arrival day we aren’t going to a park, just DTD for dinner and check out the stores. So I’ll try ticket booth again.

A word of warning if your 21 year old would like to enjoy an adult beverage in DCA s/he will need to show their passport as proof of age - a Canadian DL alone is not supposed to accepted as proof of age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter