Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we had APs we totally missed Christmas time. So this year we are hoping to fly down to spend a weekend there sometime during the holiday time before our passes are blocked. Not sure when yet and some of that will depend on getting cheap flights. I got a bonus for reaching a sales milestone through the direct sales company I'm a rep for so I'm saving that to pay for our Christmas time trip. (The other trips will be out of our family vacation budget.)

Waiting now for a 2017 thread to pop up hehe I am excited and trying to now figure out dining. I have 2 TS meals maybe 3 that we want to do the rest is all QS meals. With the 2 snack credits the dining plan might be worth it for our fam because of the Epcot snacks I could try. I am getting so hyped up.

Waiting now for a 2017 thread to pop up hehe I am excited and trying to now figure out dining. I have 2 TS meals maybe 3 that we want to do the rest is all QS meals. With the 2 snack credits the dining plan might be worth it for our fam because of the Epcot snacks I could try. I am getting so hyped up.

This is the Disneyland Christmas thread.

Lol I realized that after I posted it. However DL is easier to get dining. I have been there more often.

We are all set for the week after Thanksgiving, which ends on Dec 1st! Can't wait to bring my God Daughter to Disney for her first visit!

The week of Thanksgiving--Tues-Fri in the parks, first time for Christmas decorations!! We've been to Disneyland mostly for Spring break the last few times, I'm so excited and looking forward to going for the holidays!!

I've still got another 6 weeks or so until I can try to nab a villa at the GCV for after Thanksgiving. :hyper:

Tentatively booked from Dec 3 to 9. Staying at the Marriott Convention Centre. Mom n Dad trip! I am soooo looking forward to the candy canes!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one already booking their Christmastime trip! It snowed here yesterday (in Michigan) & my husband was like "It's still winter, I can't believe you are already booking trips for NEXT winter!"

I'm booked for December 2nd to 14th. Will be there a little bit of the time solo & part of the time with my best friend (who has never been to Southern California, or any Disney park & is excited to experience it) & part of the time with my mother (she is Northern California based, so this is an easy way to meet up & hang. Plus we've visited at other times of the year, but the last time either of us was at Disneyland during Christmastime was 1984 and it looks like A LOT has changed since then! It should be fun!).

~Meg

Last edited:
Tentatively booked from Dec 3 to 9. Staying at the Marriott Convention Centre. Mom n Dad trip! I am soooo looking forward to the candy canes!
The candy canes are awesome, but, forewarning, if you try to save them for any amount of time they taste like any other store bought candy cane.

We are all booked Dec 24th - Jan 1 staying at PPH. DH and I are very excited and even though we have a lot of time before we go, we are trying to think up some clever ways to tell our 2 DDs about the trip (they will be 16 and 14 at the time of the trip). They will not know until 2 weeks before we go since this is our Christmas present to all of us :goodvibes. My B-Day is on 12/13, DH and I are thinking about telling them on that day, but not sure how to do the execution.

We are all booked Dec 24th - Jan 1 staying at PPH. DH and I are very excited and even though we have a lot of time before we go, we are trying to think up some clever ways to tell our 2 DDs about the trip (they will be 16 and 14 at the time of the trip). They will not know until 2 weeks before we go since this is our Christmas present to all of us :goodvibes. My B-Day is on 12/13, DH and I are thinking about telling them on that day, but not sure how to do the execution.

How fun! I would have hubby give me a beautifully wrapped box that has a helium filled balloon with a note attached saying "We're going to Disneyland"....

I"m jumping in too. I've had to change our June trip to a December trip and while I was hoping for Aulani at that time, I'm just as happy (if not more so) to hit DLR at the time. I'm aiming for the 23rd-30th, and spend the first couple days at Legoland and USH.

I'm conflicted though as I want to upgrade my 5day Park Hopper to an AP, and the Signature pass is blacked out those dates. The next level up is an extra $700 bucks (using my PH as the 'down payment') but I don't know if I'll actually save enough on merch and food (as well as going back again in February for a week) to make it worth it. Hmmmm... maybe if I go AGAIN before December 2018.... :scratchin

At any rate, we're looking forward to spending Christmas somewhere warmer than the we(s)t coast of Canada and seeing the parks decorated. We've only been at Halloween Time, so this will be a fun opportunity to see the winter decorations.

Are there special things on Christmas Day? We could go there on that day, then up to USH, then spend the remaining days in the Parks. Are special characters around at this time who aren't usually in the parks? At Halloween Time I met Pocahontas and Maleficent (but missed Cruella!), so it'd be cool to meet different characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter