Disneyland AP discounts

PNO4TE

I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...
We are headed to DL in July and it has been about 6 years since we were last there. I have heard about the possibility of AP discounts on rooms and wondered if they work in a similar manner as those at WDW.

How does one go about finding out when they are available and do you need to have the AP in hand to book the rooms or can you purchase the AP after the rooms are booked?

Thanks for the answers, and move this post if I inadvertently got it in the wrong place. ;)

I dont advise buying an ap for hotel discounts. The standard discount for ap's is 10% off the rack rate. Often you can find better prices with out the discount! Now and then they offer deeper discounts. However, they usually come with short notice and are for a limited time. They are typically in the off season, such as January or Feb. Getting a deep discount in July is not likely at all- its peak season and the hotels are pretty full at that time.

I dont advise buying an ap for hotel discounts. The standard discount for ap's is 10% off the rack rate. Often you can find better prices with out the discount! Now and then they offer deeper discounts. However, they usually come with short notice and are for a limited time. They are typically in the off season, such as January or Feb. Getting a deep discount in July is not likely at all- its peak season and the hotels are pretty full at that time.

Thanks for such a quick reply! We are also AAA members and can get that much of a discount with that already.

Also if you book through AAA, you get extra perks as well. We did that when we went to WDW a couple of years ago. Also, when my husband called the Disneyland Hotel aobut 2 months ago to see what the AP discount for a room was, they quoted him $325 for a standard room...it was cheaper online.

I agree. When I was making hotel reservations a couple of months ago, the lady told me that last year, they did the deep discount almost every month, but that this year, she hasn't seen one yet. They did do $89 rooms for cast members recently, but I haven't seen any good AP discounts this year.

I agree. When I was making hotel reservations a couple of months ago, the lady told me that last year, they did the deep discount almost every month, but that this year, she hasn't seen one yet. They did do $89 rooms for cast members recently, but I haven't seen any good AP discounts this year.

well in feb. they had rooms for $129 at PP and DLH for $149 and GC for $189...I got a theme park view at GC for $209 which was cheaper than when I came and stayed at DLH in Dec...I got a pool room view for $210 a night...I thought that was a pretty good discount:confused3

While it's never a given that they'll offer the "AP nights" rates when you want to travel they do offer them. We were able to get the GCH last July for $219/night for a theme park view room.

You can always book a room and hold it with your credit card # ,they won't charge your card unless you don't show up and don't cancel within the allowed time frame. If the AP rates end up being on those dates you can have them apply the rates to your existing reservation (you have to check back with central reservations very frequently).

You don't need to have an AP to make your reservation, just at check-in time.

Anyway, I hope that wasn't too confusing! Feel free to pm me if you have any ???'s

HTH!

Jennifer

well in feb. they had rooms for $129 at PP and DLH for $149 and GC for $189...I got a theme park view at GC for $209 which was cheaper than when I came and stayed at DLH in Dec...I got a pool room view for $210 a night...I thought that was a pretty good discount:confused3

While it's never a given that they'll offer the "AP nights" rates when you want to travel they do offer them. We were able to get the GCH last July for $219/night for a theme park view room.

You can always book a room and hold it with your credit card # ,they won't charge your card unless you don't show up and don't cancel within the allowed time frame. If the AP rates end up being on those dates you can have them apply the rates to your existing reservation (you have to check back with central reservations very frequently).

You don't need to have an AP to make your reservation, just at check-in time.

Anyway, I hope that wasn't too confusing! Feel free to pm me if you have any ???'s

HTH!

Jennifer

Thank you both. I feel that those are pretty good discounts if they are offered. It also sounds as if booking with an AP at DL is much the same as it is at WDW. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter