Disneyland and California adventure for Two days

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Cloe Colton, May 17, 2018.

1. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton Mouseketeer

I have the opportunity to go to Disneyland with a friend where we would only be in California for three full days and take the red eye home on the fourth day.

We would most likely do one full day Disneyland and one full day California Adventure and MAYBE a half day before our flight at Disneyland? (dont even know if this is doable with LA traffic) The other full day we would site see LA and such since none of us have been there before.

My question is would we (or I since Im the Disney lover out of the group) feel like we had enough time? I've been to WDW many, many times and love it but Disneyland is a bucketlist park for me.

Any insight or help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

2. agamble

agamble DIS Veteran

If you are opening to close people you can do a lot in a day at each park. You won't be able to see all the shows probably, but you could pick one for each night. If seeing LA is important, make sure you have a plan. Traffic is pretty bad and things are spread out .

Skyegirl1999 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Winnowill

Winnowill DIS Veteran

If you have MaxPass, you can definitely get all the headliners done, and fill in the smaller attractions. We were there during Christmas week this year, and we rode everything (at DCA, we rode everything twice!), and even had time to do Animation Academy and see Mickey and the Magical Map. We skipped characters for that trip, but we probably could have gotten a couple of M&Gs in if we had wanted to.

5. ktlm

ktlm DIS Veteran

If you can, do hoppers. Hopping is nothing like it is at WDW. The parks are separated by a plaza about the size of a football field and security is on the outside of the plaza, so you do not have to go through security to hop. You can be from the back corner of DL to the back corner of CA in 10 minutes (we have done it). We never feel like we have enough time because we never want to leave, but with 2 adults you can get a lot done in 2 days or 2 1/2 days.

limace likes this.
  6. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton Mouseketeer

Awesome! Thanks for all of your tips!

I will definitely look into hoppers and I was planning on getting the maxpass so I feel a lot better about going!

Thanks!

7. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

As a rule of thumb, 2-2.5 days at DLR will feel like 4-5 days at WDW. We all know WDW needs a good 7 days to feel like you have done it well. 4-5 days at WDW will be fun but you will miss a bit. Same thing at DLR with 2-2.5 days. Enought time to have lots of fun. But you will leave feeling like you wish you had more time. That is not terrible if you go in expecting it. :)

:wizard:

8. Whistlebee

Whistlebee Mouseketeer

I agree. You can see a lot in 2-2.5 days. Definitely get hoppers and maxpass.

9. Skyegirl1999

Skyegirl1999 1st pickle of the day!

What time of year is this trip? Weekdays or weekends?

I agree with the others that 2-2.5 days is time to hit a decent amount, but it does depend somewhat on the time of year/days going (and therefore, park hours and offerings).

10. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

I’d skip la in lieu of more park time. Let your friends go sightseeing. The traffic is terrible.

siskaren and mom2rtk like this.
  11. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

smartlabelprint likes this.
  12. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton Mouseketeer

Would be either the first or second weekend of November. I'd prefer to do weekdays but we all work M-F jobs and would rather use the weekend for time off rather than sucking up PTO.

I would love to do that haha but I don't want to be in a park by myself. If they want to skip LA then that works but Im there because of them so to ditch them would be pretty mean lol

13. theluckyrabbit

I believe Dapper Days Weekend is that first weekend in November. So that will bring in extra crowds, albeit very nicely dressed ones. The second weekend is Veteran's Day weekend, which will probably be the start of Holiday Time at DLR. That will bring in 3 day weekend crowds and others who want to see the holiday decorations, parade, fireworks, and ride overlays. Both weekends will be fun, just very different. I think the second weekend will be more crowded. But Holiday Time at DLR is super special!

smartlabelprint likes this.
  14. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton Mouseketeer

Yeah I think between the two I'd rather see the holiday decorations than experience Dapper Day!

15. smartlabelprint

It’s my dream to be in the park alone. dh finally agreed and then my sister asked to come. But I’ll still get alone time in the parks.

16. smartlabelprint

I’d go for dapper day. You can get deeply discounted rooms at Disney owned properties.

azdisneylover likes this.
  17. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton Mouseketeer

As in like Grand Californian/Disneyland Hotel or the other neighboring hotels that are close to Disney?

18. smartlabelprint

Gch dlh

19. theluckyrabbit

Dapper Days does ask that you participate in the event (e.g. buy a ticket to the Expo or dress up for a day) if you are going to use the convention discounts.