Disney Youth Education Tickets - Series / Program

consultant

Mouseketeer
Can anyone familiar with the Youth Education Program Tickets confirm if you can use any of the days on the pass before the classes?

My situation is we are going in February to DLR when the classes are typically only on Fri/Sat. We are arriving on a Sat so my kids can't go to the classes until the very end of the trip. We are only spending a max of 3 days at DLR as it isn't really the focus of our trip to SoCal that week. You get a 2-day pass with one class and a 3-day pass with two classes. If we do the two class 3-day pass, we can't use the pass after the second class on Sat. I'm a little surprised how little past discussion I found about the Youth Program. It either must be pretty new or it isn't widely publicized (or both.) But I did see some past post that in order to crack down on people getting the discount passes and not attending the classes, Disney was charging you the difference between the Youth Education and Full Pass price if they didn't attend the classes. That's strange as it seems like it would be a bit of an admin headache to try to get people to fork out money after their trip was over! We are not planning on NOT attending the class(es) but in order to use all three days of the pass, we'd need to use it on one of the days before the first class! Does anyone know if they let you do this? (Sorry for the wordy post)

Being a DLR and WDW veteran/afficianado I am flabbergasted I never found out about this Disney Youth Education Program before. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it provides close to 40% off the ticket price for qualified groups of 10 or more where most in the group have to be school age kids.

However, I discovered Disney offers an "Individual Enrollment Program" that allows anyone to sign up for various educational programs run by Disney which are essentially 3-hour classes held outside in the theme park itself and typically the curriculum is tied into some of the attractions (as far as I can tell.) For example, at DLR, for $124 you get a 3-day Park Hopper Pass and two classes of their choice. Unbelievable.

Here's the link for anyone that is interested:

http://www.disneyyouth.com/youth-education-series/

Last time I read up on it, it said that you have a week before the class and a week after the class to use your days. I did not go back to the site right now to search, but I'd think it would still be on there somewhere.

I don't know if DL works differently than WDW, but we were able to buy tickets for between 1 and 8 days (one class included w/ ticket price $28 for additional classes). You must have a day left on your ticket the day of your class. The tickets are valid from 7 days prior to your ARRIVAL date and 7 days after your DEPARTURE date. It is not tied to the class date.

I looked but couldn't find it. I did note on the Individual Enrollment form you can specify Chaperones and Guests. We've got 5 adults and 2 kids. Does this mean we can add 5 guests to get the Park Hopper Passes? I would be surprised if they allowed that.

http://www.wdwinv.com/files/Youth/2010/forms/dlr/indivEnrollment/form.html

http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/

There is a huge thread regarding the YES program over on the Budget Board. However, the answer to your question on being allowed to register 5 adults under a YES-IE package is, no.

The updated YES-IE rules are; only 1 set of either/or (not both) parents or guardians per family are eligible for tickets, not to exceed 2 adults...regardless of how
many children are registered. It used to be they allowed tickets to be purchased for additional adults, however, no more as this was put to a stop earlier in the year. They now ask for more details in the registration such as; every adult/childs name, ages, which adult will be attending the classes, etc. (used to not ask). Additionally, a registered adult/guardian, with ID, must pick up the tickets at Will-Call (they no longer mail them to you).

Again - these are the rules for YES-Individual Enrollment and YES-Homeschool Days........NOT to the YES program which requires a qualified (schools, churches, etc) group minimum of 10-15 or more with chaparones.

Only one set of either/or (not both) parents or guardians per family are eligible for IE YES tickets, not to exceed two adults...regardless of how many children are registered.

The registration process now specifically mentions two parents of an only child as an exception to the one-adult-per-child ticket limit.

From the site:
"Please note, these tickets are only available for immediate family members and adult chaperones of participating youth. As a requirement, we are not allowed to have more adults purchasing tickets than youth. However, exceptions will be made for families with one child and two parents. "

The registration process now specifically mentions two parents of an only child as an exception to the one-adult-per-child ticket limit.

From the site:
"Please note, these tickets are only available for immediate family members and adult chaperones of participating youth. As a requirement, we are not allowed to have more adults purchasing tickets than youth. However, exceptions will be made for families with one child and two parents. "

Correct. I stated one set of parents/guardian per group... regardless of how
many children are registered. Therefore; 2 adults for 1 child, 2 adults for 4 children, etc.

From the site:

Per the YES ticket registration page;

Ticket packages may be ordered for up to 6 students and 4 adults. You may not purchase ticket packages for more adults than students, except in the case of two parents/adult chaperones enrolling with an only child.

So apparently you're allowed to have up to 4 adults on a IE/HS package. This isn't what the YES rep told me back in July, which was only one set of parents/guardians per family. :rolleyes: However - I know, at the time, they were going through rule changes... something about Disney contracting it over to the SGS/convention center... a LOT of conflicting info being given - so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Still, in the case of the OP, their situation is not going to work having 5 adults for 2 students.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter