Disney World Reportedly Allowing COVID-Positive Employees To Work

It’s not clear in that article whether they are talking about Disney World in Florida, Disneyland and downtown Disney in California, or the film studios, or if they believe this is across the board.

Neither Orange County in Florida or California is experiencing a surge, so that doesn’t narrow it down.

It’s not clear in that article whether they are talking about Disney World in Florida, Disneyland and downtown Disney in California, or the film studios, or if they believe this is across the board.

Neither Orange County in Florida or California is experiencing a surge, so that doesn’t narrow it down.

Yes this. If you click through the article and then go to the original Daily Beast article, they kind of start by conflating the two parks (Orlando and Anaheim). The article goes on, though, and speaks specifically of Downtown Disney and CA. There is nothing in this article mentioning this is happening at WDW.

When contact tracing is used, the employer can NOT tell you the actual person you were exposed to. Its a HIPAA violation. Sounds like they are using that for a platform to blast Disney.

This thread should be interesting... previous mentions of this in the other thread got deleted.

Yeah the original article is a mess, needs to do a better job separating WDW and DL. That said, it wouldn't be surprising that a large company with a lot of manual labor on-site would have issues dealing with this. Disney isn't the only company where I've heard of this happening.

When an article doesn’t know the difference between theme parks in California, and theme parks in Florida, you know immediately that its an agenda based article.

That being said, it’s easy to say someone or a group of people have tested positive and being told to work regardless when you dont cite a an actual source.“According to employees”. Of what location? Wouldn’t it be in the best interest of guests, and humans in general to let everyone know what places they should avoid instead of being so secretive? Oh, but your job is on the line? So you’re willing to continue to work at a place that’s recommending their covid-positive Employees to continue to work? While its entirely possible there have been sick employees working at these places, I’m sure it’s not as cut and dry as this article claims it to be.

this.

The article is about Downtown Disney in DL CA

and.....Daily Beast...soooo meh.
Yes I had seen them and another unreliable "news" source post it. I guess I'm just a optimistic believe the best in people kind of person but I can't believe Disney would be stupid enough for force their people to work with covid. What a horrible mess it would be if it were true and guests then were able to track their catching the covid back to their trip.

Yeah saw the exact same article on the Daily Mail yesterday. It was painful to read they kept referring to DL as if the parks were open, saying thousands of people per day were entering that “park” not knowing that employees could be positive. Then talking about WDW as if it were only open for the NBA bubble. It was horribly written by someone who has obviously never been to any Disney park, or probably never even looked them up online.

Most likely the stores in DL downtown area are third party retailers, and they may have had 1 or 2 instances of a positive test. Yet the media (and more importantly the British tabloid media) picked up the story not knowing what they’re talking about.

Yeah saw the exact same article on the Daily Mail yesterday. It was painful to read they kept referring to DL as if the parks were open, saying thousands of people per day were entering that “park” not knowing that employees could be positive. Then talking about WDW as if it were only open for the NBA bubble. It was horribly written by someone who has obviously never been to any Disney park, or probably never even looked them up online.

Most likely the stores in DL downtown area are third party retailers, and they may have had 1 or 2 instances of a positive test. Yet the media (and more importantly the British tabloid media) picked up the story not knowing what they’re talking about.
Almost all retail in DtD is third party owned. Only one I can think of that is Disney owner is WoD actually.

When contact tracing is used, the employer can NOT tell you the actual person you were exposed to. Its a HIPAA violation. Sounds like they are using that for a platform to blast Disney.
This simply isn't true. HIPAA restricts healthcare providers and health insurance companies from releasing information related to a person's medical records. It does not prevent private individuals, other organizations, companies, people, etc from releasing information that has been provided to them (like an employer being given the information by an employee). HIPAA has been used as an excuse by companies such as Disney to prevent the public from finding out the nature and extent of COVID outbreaks amongst its employees, but it's just an excuse.

This simply isn't true. HIPAA restricts healthcare providers and health insurance companies from releasing information related to a person's medical records. It does not prevent private individuals, other organizations, companies, people, etc from releasing information that has been provided to them (like an employer being given the information by an employee). HIPAA has been used as an excuse by companies such as Disney to prevent the public from finding out the nature and extent of COVID outbreaks amongst its employees, but it's just an excuse.
I won't argue with you but I am a medical professional that is well versed in HIPAA. I stand by my statement above.

Maybe not intentional, but I vote click-bait. From what I could gather, the employees they are talking about were contractors doing work in DtD, and they got it AT HOME. The speculation is to whether they were told to report to work even though they knew they were sick. Well, common sense dictates that they shouldn't and it doesn't matter what anyone tells them. If they reported to work, knowingly sick with COVID, that's on them and they ARE the problem. We are never going to stop this disease if people can't exercise better judgement than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!