Disney World Orlando History?

Lin K.

Earning My Ears
So glad to find your Forums! I am working on a Research paper and need find info on Disney World/Orlando Management in the 1970's- Might anyone steer me in the right direction to find this info ? Thank you!!

Lin K.

I don't know what your timeline is or the level of your research paper.

Realityland has a detailed look at the development of Disney World through Epcot. If I remember correctly, there was a large bibliography also.

So glad to find your Forums! I am working on a Research paper and need find info on Disney World/Orlando Management in the 1970's- Might anyone steer me in the right direction to find this info ? Thank you!!

Lin K.

"Realityland" is good, but if you haven't found it yet "Married to the Mouse" has a lot of details on the relationship between Disney and Orlando. Here is the summary:

Joined together in an "economic development marriage,” Walt Disney World and Orlando, Florida, have become the world’s most popular tourist destination. This intriguing book traces the evolution of the relationship between the Disney Co. and the surrounding community since it began in the 1960s. Like most close relationships, the Disney-Orlando union has involved conflict and compromise. Richard Foglesong shows that this evolving relationship validates the adage: whom you marry affects what you may become.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!