Disney World in 5... even 10 years?

disjointed

Mouseketeer
Where do you see Disney World in 5, or even 10 years from now? I'm guessing that's the next time I'll be there, so I was just wondering what all your thoughts are...

I hope that in the future, they'll keep the classic rides they have now, like Carousel of Progress, most of the rides at Fantasyland, etc... But, I want Disney World to continue to thrive and expand with new state of the art rides and attractions.

What do you think?

This is a question I ask myself all the time, but I think about it more from the context of what it will be like for my kids. I hope it remains the special place that it always has been for me as a child, and now an adult. Its clear change is always a big part of the WDW experience these days, but I often wonder if the folks in Team Disney even know what the direction is for the next 10 years....

I have been wondering the same thing since that's how long it wil be for us too. Hopefully they will have kept our fav rides to share with our kids. This is such a long wait since we go every two years. However, I can't wait!!

I went to WDW as a teen in 1995, then I had a break and didn't get back there til 2006. 11 year break and I loved it even more. They kept most of my favourite classics and brought in new things I really enjoy. The main thing was that the disney spirit remained. This makes me hopeful for the future. As long as team disney and the guests keep that love I think WDW will still be the most magical place in 30 years time!

FDNY Worker hits mega millions lottery, buys Disney!!

By Frank Zetzel, Cnn!

April 21, 2018

It seems that Good looking, charming New York city Fire Dept employee who's story about hitting the mega millions lotto jackpot, we brought you last week, has done some shopping. Mr. FDNY Who purchased the winning lottery ticket last week from a store in Brooklyn, nyc for a jackpot of $500 billion went into talks with disney to buy thier theme parks.

Talks only lasted around a hour and all media groups outside the Closed discussion room, had figured a "no go". Soon after Disney spokes person John Smith announced the deal was a success and Mr. FDNY was the proud new owner of Disney World. When asked for comment, The good looking Mr FDNY said that he promised to only make Disney world a better and more enjoyable place for familys and that A group called "dissers" would now get into Disney World for free Forever.

Hey, thats my dream in about 5 to 10 years, but thats just me!! Come on lotto!:thumbsup2

I think Disney World is better now than when 10 years ago. I hope it's even better 10 years from now. What I think it will be like 10 years from now:

I can imagine another theme park.
More hotels. (And DVCs)
Maybe more special ticket parties. (At Epcot, DS, and AK, too)
Disney Vacation Planning Blu-Ray disks. (Or high def downloads.)
A Pal Mickey type program for our Ipods, cell phones, or nintendos.
Free Wi-Fi??? Im crossing my fingers!

I'm sure some rides I love will be gone. Hopefully replaced with rides I like better or at least ones my children like as much as I did.

Here to our Community Board for discussion.:goodvibes Danny

The way I see it,

Most lands in the the Magic Kingdom will remain as they are. But Tomorrowland should change significantly. It looks like they did quite a bit of updating through the 90s, but hasn’t changed a lot since then. They should be due for many changes in the next ten years. The other parks will occasionally add new super-headliner attractions like Soarin’ and Expedition Everest.

Also during the next ten years, they will add one new theme park and ten new resorts.

I arrived at this conclusion after a little Wikipedia research…

A new disney theme park opens about every ten years:
Magic Kingdom: 1971
Epcot Center: 1982
Disney-MGM: 1989
Animal Kingdom: 1998

In the 70s, there were 4 Resorts:
Contemporary, Polynesian, Fort Wilderness, Golf Resort

In 1988 they opened 2 more:
Caribbean Beach, Grand Floridian

That’s about 3 per decade for about the first 20 years.

In the 90s they opened 14 more:
Beach Club, Yacht Club, Dolphin, Swan, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, Coronado Springs, All Star Movies

Since 2000, they have opened 6 more:
Villas at Wildernes Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club Villas, Pop Century, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Villas

That’s about 10 per decade (and counting) for the second 20 years.

I would like them to keep the classic rides, but revamp them, such as the Country Bears. It is the same exact show from 1984, I would have though with the movie coming out a few years ago, they would have put some TLC into that.

I would also like to see more of a thrill park. They need to keep up with Universal Studios and Six Flags. I love Disney, but I am sure when my kids get older and they hit that early teen age, they are not going to think going to Disney is cool. They have definately started that way with Tower of Terror, Rock N Roll & Everest. But they still have a long way to go.

All good points here. I agree with most. I also agree that it's going to cost alot more in a few years, just like everything else. Your airfare will be more, theme parks, resort stays, food, life in general....especally if we get a democrat in the white house....:rolleyes1 I think they will keep many of the same rides as part of their master plan. They haven't changed in this many years, I don't see them changing significantly in 5 years from now...except with refurbies. I suspect there will be quite a few more- maybe 5- more resorts. The villas have become popular, and so haven't the DVC's. I see disney scrapping attractions like Stitch in favor of something else. Remember- Disney doesn't just compete with themselves- they compete with the other Orlando parks too. With UO opening their harry Potter themed area and many changes that are to come with them- I don't expect Disney to sit back on their laurels. They have alot of land to work with, and alot of CAPITAL. I'm sure the next time you go, you won't be disappointed in the least.

I would like them to keep the classic rides, but revamp them, such as the Country Bears. It is the same exact show from 1984, I would have though with the movie coming out a few years ago, they would have put some TLC into that.

I would also like to see more of a thrill park. They need to keep up with Universal Studios and Six Flags. I love Disney, but I am sure when my kids get older and they hit that early teen age, they are not going to think going to Disney is cool. They have definately started that way with Tower of Terror, Rock N Roll & Everest. But they still have a long way to go.

I totally agree with you on that. I'm 18 and looove the kids rides, but that's probably because I'm a dork. I mean, having a sister 11 years my junior is just an excuse to go see kid's movies. Anyway, having a lot more thrill rides would help appeal to more people, and make Disney into something for adult's too.

They have alot of land to work with, and alot of CAPITAL. I'm sure the next time you go, you won't be disappointed in the least.

Oh, I doubt the next time I got I'll be dissapointed, but I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought or knew what would be happening in the next 5/10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!