Disney Wonder Dry Dock Watch - 11/10 Wonder departs on first cruise out of Galveston

I noticed on photos both during and post dry dock there is a spire that comes off the rear funnel, in some of the shots during the dry dock it's gone but later on it is back, can any of our ship experts here satisfy my curiosity and tell me what is it and what it's function is for? It's just one of those weird things I notice about the ships, the differences and it has been nagging at me for some time now. TIA!

Some guy asked this on Cruise Critic. They gave a pretty good answer there :duck:

That was me! I posted on both sites because I was curious about the answer, and I achieved satisfaction there thanks though!

Was initially worried about the Wonder showing its aged from other reviews. With all this renovation, it will be almost like a new ship. Our family is so excited embark on this cruise....Jan 6th can not come soon enough! thanks

I have used Lighthouse Parking and had a good experience with them. They are reasonably close to the cruise terminal, have covered parking and a shuttle that drops you and your luggage off right in front of the terminal.

Did I miss reading if there was any special merchandise available for fresh out of dry dock?

Not sure if this was addressed on here already or if anybody even knows what I'm talking about... we sailed Oct 2015 which I believe sounds like after room refurbs. Our room was fine except for the terrible ceiling. We had so many small wedges (think wedges for tiling) wedged into almost every tile in several locations and yet there was STILL constant creeking from the ceiling! Quick fix that didn't fix a thing? This drove DH insane and it looks like the next booking I want to do will be on Wonder. Perhaps it was just our room? Or is this something that was worked on? He brings it up every time I mention next booking and I'm afraid he won't want to go!! Tyia

Not sure if this was addressed on here already or if anybody even knows what I'm talking about... we sailed Oct 2015 which I believe sounds like after room refurbs. Our room was fine except for the terrible ceiling. We had so many small wedges (think wedges for tiling) wedged into almost every tile in several locations and yet there was STILL constant creeking from the ceiling! Quick fix that didn't fix a thing? This drove DH insane and it looks like the next booking I want to do will be on Wonder. Perhaps it was just our room? Or is this something that was worked on? He brings it up every time I mention next booking and I'm afraid he won't want to go!! Tyia

I know exactly what you're talking about, and it varies by cabin - some creak and some don't! And even the creaky ones usually only creak in rougher sea conditions. Some cabin reviews mention the creaking, but other than that you just really can't tell other than avoiding a specific cabin you've been in that you know was creaky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter