Disney Wonder- 2/2/22- New Orleans- Escape the Winter!!

BAIC03

Mouseketeer
Thought I would be the first to place our Feb escape message here!
We are: DW39, DH42 Platinum
DD9 This will be her Gold Cruise
DD7 her 2d

We’ve desperately needed a break in the Winter and Grand Cayman is one of our favorites!

Cheers!

Hi! We are booked for this cruise. While I’m leery, I really wanna go. There are 6 of us. Myself, my husband, 13 year old son, and other son will turn 18 on the cruise. This will be all of ours Gold Cruise. It will be our 3 year old daughters first cruise! And we’re bringing my oldest sons 18 year old best friend. It is their high school graduation cruise.
Does anyone think Fish Extenders will be allowed? I would love for my daughter to be able to participate.

Does anyone think Fish Extenders will be allowed? I would love for my daughter to be able to participate.

Yay! Welcome! My guess is they will be allowed when we see them on the website for sale again! They have taken them down and put them in your stateroom on other cruises. They haven’t moved any door decorations though!

Hi! We are booked for this cruise. While I’m leery, I really wanna go. There are 6 of us. Myself, my husband, 13 year old son, and other son will turn 18 on the cruise. This will be all of ours Gold Cruise. It will be our 3 year old daughters first cruise! And we’re bringing my oldest sons 18 year old best friend. It is their high school graduation cruise.
We just booked yesterday! I finally convinced my son to miss school since it's a good time that he doesn't have any commitments! He turns 18 this week and is bummed all our other cruises were canceled and now he's too old for the clubs. My daughter is 16 and then me and my husband :) can't wait to cruise with you guys!

We just booked yesterday! I finally convinced my son to miss school since it's a good time that he doesn't have any commitments! He turns 18 this week and is bummed all our other cruises were canceled and now he's too old for the clubs. My daughter is 16 and then me and my husband :) can't wait to cruise with you guys!
Yay! Welcome to the Group!

Looks like Disney has temporarily removed this cruise from the website. They usually have done this 1) when it’s sold out :guilty: or 2) when they are changing the itinerary:jester:.
So let’s all hang on and see what happens!

Looks like Disney has temporarily removed this cruise from the website. They usually have done this 1) when it’s sold out :guilty: or 2) when they are changing the itinerary:jester:.
So let’s all hang on and see what happens!
Ok I was looking for it today because i had saw guaranteed rooms and I meant to change. 😞 Do we just wait to see if itinerary changes? Will it show back up if it’s just full or no?

Yay! Welcome! My guess is they will be allowed when we see them on the website for sale again! They have taken them down and put them in your stateroom on other cruises. They haven’t moved any door decorations though!
What do you mean see them on the website? I never realized they talk about FE on the DCL website. I thought they were unofficial.

What do you mean see them on the website? I never realized they talk about FE on the DCL website. I thought they were unofficial.
They don’t technically talk about them, but your onboard gifts can include their Disney branded “gift holder”. They don’t call them FE. And they are totally home grown… Disney would love to make some $$ off of them! But they are completely unofficial.

Ok I was looking for it today because i had saw guaranteed rooms and I meant to change. 😞 Do we just wait to see if itinerary changes? Will it show back up if it’s just full or no?
Update; looks like if you want to sail with kids for this date, you have to call Disney direct. They are only taking adult bookings on the website. Makes me assume they are managing the number of people for the kids club or something like that… Fascinating!

What about 11:45? Pushing it?
The port is 16 miles from the airport. It’s on the edge of what I know I’d be comfortable with, but technically you should be fine as long as the ship is not delayed in port arrival back to New Orleans. Sometimes fog can delay the ship in the colder months from sailing upriver.

The port is 16 miles from the airport. It’s on the edge of what I know I’d be comfortable with, but technically you should be fine as long as the ship is not delayed in port arrival back to New Orleans. Sometimes fog can delay the ship in the colder months from sailing upriver.
Thank you. I’ll try to do a bit later I think.

Is anyone driving in? I’m looking for a safe/reasonable place to park. NOLA is expensive! At this point I may want to just park at the port. :car:

Hi Guys! I recently switched our March cruise to this one and am soooo ready to get our of town! I will have my 4 year old daughter, 14 & 18 year old sons cruising with me. Is anyone participating in a Fish Extender? I emailed Disney to see if these were still suspended (I had read on someone's blog that Disney had sent out notice this was suspended) and they told me that they were. But I wanted to make sure that people weren't still doing them. I would hate to miss out if a small group had gotten together since it is our 1st ever Disney Cruise.

Last edited:
Welcome!
It’s been pretty quiet here on the boards. Disney is not allowing FEs, but if you “meet up” and exchange gifts then… lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter