Disney Wish Stateroom Categories - Looking for Cat 9C

fishingfool999

Disney and Ocean Fishing Fanatic
Hi Guys... We have been reviewing the Deck plans for the Wish. We like the CAT 9C on the other ships.
The Wish Stateroom descriptions show for CAT 9C is on Decks 7 and 8. (see below)
I just cannot find a CAT 9C on those 2 decks or any other decks?
What am I doing wrong to locate a CAT 9C stateroom?
Deck 2 show only CAT 9D?
Maybe fresh eyes can help me locate that CAT 9C. Thanks for your help.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
Catch breathtaking views from the porthole window of your well-appointed quarters.
Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom classifications and locations are as follows:
  • Category 9A: Decks 7 and 8
  • Category 9B: Deck 2
  • Category 9C: Decks 7 and 8
  • Category 9D: Decks 6 and 7
Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom – Communication classifications and locations are as follows:
  • Categories 9B, deck 2; Staterooms 2580, 2592, 2608 and 2628

Specifications

• Sleeps: 3 to 4
  • Size: approximately 218 sq. ft
  • Room Configuration: Categories 9A, 9B and 9C: queen bed, single convertible sofa, upper-berth single pull-down bed or single wall pull-down bed (if sleeping 4); Category 9D: queen bed and sleeper sofa
  • View: large porthole window (slanted for category 9D)
Amenities
  • Custom premium plush Euro-top mattress
  • Frette® 300-thread-count, 100% cotton linens
  • Premium bath towels
  • 43" LCD flat-screen TV with remote control
  • USB and USB-C ports
  • Full-length mirror
  • Ample closet space
  • Mini drawer refrigerator
  • Mini in-room safe
  • Hair dryer
  • Phone with voicemail messaging
  • Individual climate control
  • H20 Plus® spa, bath and shower products
  • WiFi (additional fee required)
Design
Disney Cruise Line has thought of everything to ensure first-rate comfort and convenience during your voyage. Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom design features include:
  • A TV, desk and sitting area with a couch
  • A heavy privacy curtain to separate the sitting and sleeping areas (in most)
  • Seating and sleeping areas, separable with a heavy privacy curtain
  • A “split bath”: a bathroom with a vanity, sink, shower and tub with glass door and a half bathroom with a vanity, sink and toilet
  • Elevated wooden bed frames for under-bed storage of suitcases and other large items
  • Attractive yet functional cabinetry in the living area
And to kids’ delight, in select Deluxe Oceanview Staterooms, a celestial scene featuring original artwork and an enchanting message from the Fairy Godmother reveals itself when the upper-berth bed is pulled down (applicable only for staterooms that sleep 4).
All this plus unparalleled Disney service at any and all hours is bound to make your stay a true pleasure.
Show Less

The 9C & 9D are the forward-facing oceanviews at the front of the ship.

As far as I can tell, they don’t show the actual category code visibly on the website yet; you get the same generic description no matter which oceanview you click on. The category code is embedded in some of the data files used for the deck plans, and I was able to look at them using Chrome’s developer tools.

It’s conceivable that these categories could change before booking goes live on the 17th, but this is what’s in the deck plan’s data:

7006, 7504, 8000-8006, 8500-8504 are 9C.

6000-6006, 6500-6504, 7000-7004, 7500-7502 are 9D

Last edited:
The 9C & 9D are the forward-facing oceanviews at the front of the ship.

As far as I can tell, they don’t show the actual category code visibly on the website yet; you get the same generic description no matter which oceanview you click on. The category code is embedded in some of the data files used for the deck plans, and I was able to look at them using Chrome’s developer tools.

It’s conceivable that these categories could change before booking goes live on the 17th, but this is what’s in the deck plan’s data:

7006, 7504, 8000-8006, 8500-8504 are 9C.

6000-6006, 6500-6504, 7000-7004, 7500-7502 are 9D

7504 and 7006 are listed at 9D's. That's what they were on the Dream and Fantasy as well. I have stayed in all 4 of those rooms and they were 9Ds. At first they were 9A's but people complained about the slanted ceilings and small slanted porthole so they reclassified them.

8504 and 8006 are also 9Ds. You can click on a stateroom on the deck plan at the DCL site and it shows what category the stateroom is....even for the Wish. You have to go to ships, deck plans, then Wish. There is another deck plan (the one shown with preview event) that does NOT show the cabin categories but one does.

not sure why Scott’s site is listing 7504 and 7006 as 9Cs unless he has other info different from the DCL site.

MJ

Last edited:

Hi Guys.... OK all good info. My initial check of the cabins shown on Scott's page for CAT 9B and 9C seem to show Slanted windows for CAT 9D.
But it is getting late and the old eyes are tired. I will try in the morning but most likely just wait until the 17th May then they should have better results. Thanks for everyone's help....

Hi Guys.... OK all good info. My initial check of the cabins shown on Scott's page for CAT 9B and 9C seem to show Slanted windows for CAT 9D.
But it is getting late and the old eyes are tired. I will try in the morning but most likely just wait until the 17th May then they should have better results. Thanks for everyone's help....

Slanted porthole in 8504 on the Dream.

MJ

For reference, Scott has a full listing of all the Wish rooms by category on his website: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/stateroom-list/?ship=5

Super handy!

That's not saying the room is a 9D, it's saying that the 9D's have slanted windows. It's boilerplate text that appears on every category 9. For example, 7008 is a 9A, and the text still says "Large porthole window (slanted for category 9D)" 2050 is a 9B and it has the same text.

The interactive deck plan doesn't show you the actual category in the popup when you click a room number, it just shows you a generic description of the overall category. For example, all 5's, 6's and 7's have the same text, because they're all "Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah". To see which ones are, say, cat 7A or 5C or whatever, you have to look at the underlying files the web page uses to build the deck plan widget. In those files, it says what category each room is. Or better yet, use Scott's page!

Last edited:

Super handy!

That's not saying the room is a 9D, it's saying that the 9D's have slanted windows. It's boilerplate text that appears on every category 9. For example, 7008 is a 9A, and the text still says "Large porthole window (slanted for category 9D)" 2050 is a 9B and it has the same text.

The interactive deck plan doesn't show you the actual category in the popup when you click a room number, it just shows you a generic description of the overall category. For example, all 5's, 6's and 7's have the same text, because they're all "Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah". To see which ones are, say, cat 7A or 5C or whatever, you have to look at the underlying files the web page uses to build the deck plan widget. In those files, it says what category each room is. Or better yet, use Scott's page!

Hi Guys... I understand now. Thank You to everyone for putting me on the right path.

Super handy!

but there is a deck plan of the wish on the DCL site that does show the category of each cabin. Go to ships then deck plans then wish and deck plan comes up.Click on a cabin and the category pops up. Unless I am misunderstanding something.

MJ

Hi Guys.... Thank You everyone for putting me on the correct path. I now have a pdf file of all 5 ship's staterooms by Category as per Scott's pages. These are only for personal use. Hopefully DCL will have printed deck plans for the Wish like the other ships.

Scott's pages list Cat 3B "with" verandahs, but I thought these were the Concierge Little Mermaid rooms that only have the forward facing windows and no verandah on deck 11.

Scott's pages list Cat 3B "with" verandahs, but I thought these were the Concierge Little Mermaid rooms that only have the forward facing windows and no verandah on deck 11.
You are right about those rooms, but the deck plans on DCL's website originally described them as "with verandah". It has now been fixed on the DCL site (see below). I'm guessing Scott just hasn't updated them on his site yet.

but there is a deck plan of the wish on the DCL site that does show the category of each cabin. Go to ships then deck plans then wish and deck plan comes up.Click on a cabin and the category pops up. Unless I am misunderstanding something.

It just shows the name of the category, not the booking code. All 7's, 6's and 5's are all lumped together as "Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah", for example. All 4's are "Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah" -- you can't see if it's a 4A, 4B, 4C, etc. And all 9's are called "Oceanview Stateroom" whether they're 9A, 9B, 9C, or 9D.

When you actually book a room, you get a similar-looking widget that does show you the specific booking code of each room that fits your criteria. Since we can't book a Wish room yet, we can't get to that other booking widget.

Scott updated 7504 and 7006 to cat 9D on the Wish at his website.

I don't see that - I just checked Scott's site and those are still listed under 9C for the Wish. Are you looking at the Fantasy, maybe?

I also just looked at the underlying data on the website, and they're both still listed as 9C. I guess the front of the ship is different enough from the Dream/Fantasy that those two rooms don't have slanted portholes? Alternatively, it might just be a mistake and Disney will fix it before booking begins.

It just shows the name of the category, not the booking code. All 7's, 6's and 5's are all lumped together as "Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah", for example. All 4's are "Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah" -- you can't see if it's a 4A, 4B, 4C, etc. And all 9's are called "Oceanview Stateroom" whether they're 9A, 9B, 9C, or 9D.

When you actually book a room, you get a similar-looking widget that does show you the specific booking code of each room that fits your criteria. Since we can't book a Wish room yet, we can't get to that other booking widget.

I don't see that - I just checked Scott's site and those are still listed under 9C for the Wish. Are you looking at the Fantasy, maybe?

I also just looked at the underlying data on the website, and they're both still listed as 9C. I guess the front of the ship is different enough from the Dream/Fantasy that those two rooms don't have slanted portholes? Alternatively, it might just be a mistake and Disney will fix it before booking begins.

Ok...they definitely changed the deck plan since I posted the screenshot. I could have sworn they listed all the category designations when I looked before. Sorry for any misinformation!!!

MJ

Last edited:
On deck 8 all of the staterooms in blue are cat 9C

On deck 7, these ones in blue are 9D which have "slated walls":

And this one is a 9A which has a large porthole window:

NOTE there may be other staterooms in these categories that are not showing as available for the cruise I picked.

If you go onto the DCL website and pick a specific cruise date as if you are going to book a cruise, when you get to the part where you can select a specific stateroom, as you can see above it will show you the specific category that that stateroom is (eg 9C, 8B etc).

Note though that on any given sailing some staterooms may already be taken so you may have to look at multiple sailings to get a good sense of the staterooms in a given category [I say this having spent much time trying to track down all the staterooms on the Wish that have the murphy beds].

SW

On deck 8 all of the staterooms in blue are cat 9C

View attachment 638076

View attachment 638077

On deck 7, these ones in blue are 9D which have "slated walls":

View attachment 638078

And this one is a 9A which has a large porthole window:

View attachment 638079

NOTE there may be other staterooms in these categories that are not showing as available for the cruise I picked.

If you go onto the DCL website and pick a specific cruise date as if you are going to book a cruise, when you get to the part where you can select a specific stateroom, as you can see above it will show you the specific category that that stateroom is (eg 9C, 8B etc).

Note though that on any given sailing some staterooms may already be taken so you may have to look at multiple sailings to get a good sense of the staterooms in a given category [I say this having spent much time trying to track down all the staterooms on the Wish that have the murphy beds].

SW
Thank you very much! Any chance you might be able to share your list of cabins with a Murphy bed? I spent some time looking for one of those yesterday:)

Looking at the photo of the ship model, all the fwd facing cabins appear to have slanted windows but odd that DCL doesnt list the deck 8, 9C cabins as having slanted. Time will tell I guess!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!