Disney Wedding Music Help

liquidsky88

There's a mouse in the house!
We are looking for some help with the music at the wedding pavilion. We were looking for suggestions or music other couples walked into for ideas. Yes, I am drawing a blank on this one. Here is where we are stuck. What song the Groom/Groomsmen walk into? What song to use as the recessional? If anyone had the English Butler bring the ring down the isle, what song to use?
What song to have the guests exit to? Thanks for the help in advance. :smooth:

We actually asked the wedding coordinator for help with this, and here is what I found I liked.

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (pretty sure it is Bach) is a great processional song for parents/grooms/groomsmen, and even for the bride.

Royal Fireworks (pretty sure it is Handl) is an uplifting recessional. So is A Whole New World if you want a Disney theme.

We asked for "Disney Love Songs" for places that we weren't sure about and were very happy with how the organist (in the pavilion) and DJ (at our reception) took care of filling in any gaps. If I didn't have my heart set on something I left it to them, they do this stuff every day. The only thing that was a little weird was when the guests were arriving one of the songs the organist played was Tocatta and Fugue, which is a bit ominious in my opinion, but I never would have known except it was on my wedding video.

Thanks for the help. By any chance, did you have any trouble with your wedding coordinator? I found that mine is not very responsive. It takes him days to finally contact me back. Considering we are having a custom wedding and spending a lot of money, I thought I would get better service.

We did not have trouble with our initial coordinator, she was very on the ball. So good in fact that she was made a department head in another area right before our wedding. I do recall that for our December wedding we really did not get too into the planning until about 4-5 months out. It was very different than the other people I knew that were planning weddings at that same time, who were planning and arranging much further in advance. Once we got to the planning appointments, and they were all by phone after we did our site visit (just about a year before our event), she would tell me what we were working on for the appointment and then next week we would spend an hour or so handing that aspect of the wedding. Since they are all totally dedicated to weddings they seem to plan in a much smaller window than other people do. Have you checked on the unofficial site to see if anyone has commented on your particular coordinator?

Groom and Best Man walked the aisle to "When you wish upon a star"...Bride...traditional wedding march....unity candle to "So this is love" traditional exit.

They played other Disney love songs while guests were seated and at reception.

Just sit and watch a few Disney Princess movies or log onto a website that has a list of Disney songs and I know you will get plenty of ideas!

Have fun!

Who is you coordinator? We had Lynn McKitrick....she was WONDERFUL!

Originally posted by ahutton
Have you checked on the unofficial site to see if anyone has commented on your particular coordinator?

Yes. Nothing said. I did finally get in touch with him. He's a very nice person, but not a very good coordinator. I had emailed him questions, and he never responed to them. Then he passed me off to someone else. If he can't do the job, he should find something else he is more qualified for.

Do ya have to use the organist? I really want classical guitar for the ceremony. I guess that would be extra expense???

I don't know about custom weddings but at my intimate wedding, I opted for the guitarist. And he was wonderful.

I (bride) walked into Canon in D, Pachelbel...groom and groomsmen were already in place...our first dance was to "So this is love".

During any gaps, the guitarist played various Disney love songs, which sounded wonderful.

:)

Dmoss THAT IS WHAT I WANT!!!!:bounce: SO ya can shoose between an organ or guitar. Oh that makes my heart happy! I wnt Trumpet Voluntary as I walk down the Isle and So This Is Love as our dance too.

Moonchild...

I loved the guitarist. I don't really care for organ music, and with the intimate package, we were given the choice of flutist, guitarist and pianist or organist(depending on location). My hubby and I teetered between the guitarist and the flutist, but I won out and got the guitarist.

He turned out to play regularly at the House of Blues at DD and I can't say enough nice things.

I loved dancing to "So this is love". Good choices. Hope to see a report and pictures after the happy event.

And feel free to contact me with any other questions. I only just got married last year and still remember lots, not that I could forget. Our wedding coordinator was Brad Crews. He was awesome! Our whole experience was as perfect as we could have imagined as I'm sure your's will be.

Congratulations.

Hi! We had an intimate wedding, and used Trumpet Voluntary for the groom & best man. The MOH walked in to Canon in D, and I entered to the traditional Bridal March. I think that we recessed to the Hornpipe from Handel's Water Music.
About your coordinator, I don't know if you're on the Disneymooners group or not, but they have recently reorganized the FTW department. They don't have FTW offices any more; each coordinator is now attached to a particular convention center. I think that our coordinator, Lynn McKitrick, is now at the Yacht Club, but don't quote me on that. I have heard a lot of the DM brides complain that the service has gone down significantly, since the department's reorganization...
Our experiences with FTW weren't wonderful, until we got Lynn McKitrick. Our first coordinator was Kirsten Wallace, who was sweet but didn't really answer our questions or give us any new ideas. Then we were transferred to Brad Crews, b/c Kirsten realized that her day off was Monday, and our wedding was on a Monday. Brad was absolutely horrible - he left FTW, and that's enough said about him. If you can't say something nice... But Lynn is awesome!
I do know that their attention to you will increase, the closer you get to your date. The DM list is great, since the couples there always have an answer for you, especially at the beginning of the planning process, when you're not a top priority for your EM.
Cheers!
Heather W

Heather W :)

Wow, I'm sad to hear that you didn't have a good experience with Brad. I'm thankful I was lucky enough to get him when he was on top of his game at least.

It was over a year ago, and before they must have reorganized. I hope for the sake of future couples that what ever has suffered due to the reorganization will be corrected. I had an unbelievable exprience and can't imagine doing it any other way.

Good luck Moonchild. :)

Well, my wife and I just got married last Saturday (Jan 4). Since we are both heavily involved in music, that was the one thing that we wanted to stand out. By the way, we didn't get married at Disney (Rachel's church in near by Winter Park), but music is music. Though the wedding pavilion is pretty, it doesn't have the atmosphere of a church, so I would avoid organ music anyhoo. The bridal party processed to Pachabel's "Canon in D", Rachel came out to Clark's "Trumpt Voluntary". We recessed to Handel's "Water Music." We also had a duet of "The Wedding Song", and had the Lord's Prayer sung as a solo. Other good processional/recessional tunes would be Handel's "Queen of Shiba" and Bach's "Brandenberg Concerto."

Our first dance was "Amazed" because it was a new and popular song when we began dating.

My MOH walked down to When you wish upon a star. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter