Disney Wedding Help!

Mandy907

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone, I'm brand new to Disboards. I've been trying to do alot of research on Disney World Weddings myself, but all of the information is pretty vague. We want to have our wedding next year there reguardless and I have a couple of questions if anybody who's planning or has done this before can help! We are getting married October of next year and want to do the Wishes package. We are definitely on a budget and I just wanted to know what would be the cheapest options to choose for the Wishes package, reguarding ceremony and reception sites. The website gave us ideas, and then I stumbled across the Swan and Dolphin which weren't listed but seemed pretty inexpensive. We were also interested in Epcot, but the website eays we MUST use their photographer. If we use their photographer, can we also hire an outside one? If anyone could help answer these questions or give any helpful tips on how to cut corners I would really really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Hi there! The wedding pavilion has the highest venue fee (other than the Magic Kingdom ceremony), so if you are looking to cut costs, you could choose one of the outdoor or theme park ceremony venues. The most expensive reception venues are usually the theme park venues (ballrooms don't have venue rental fees). Another good way to cut costs is to have a weekday (minimums are lower) or morning wedding (food and beverage minimums are lower).

You can't have an outside photographer at any in park portion of your event. So if only one of your events is in the park, you could have the outside photographer come to just the event that isn't in the park.

Welcome! :wave2:

We are getting married October of next year and want to do the Wishes package. We are definitely on a budget and I just wanted to know what would be the cheapest options to choose for the Wishes package, reguarding ceremony and reception sites.

Disney's Wishes Collection is not a package—basically, it's an a la carte event you build from the ground up, and the requirement is that you spend at least $12,000, $15,000, or $20,000 with Disney, depending on day of the week/time of day.

The website gave us ideas, and then I stumbled across the Swan and Dolphin which weren't listed but seemed pretty inexpensive.

Swan & Dolphin weddings aren't listed on Disney's site because they are coordinated through the Swan & Dolphin Resort, which is not owned by Disney.

We were also interested in Epcot, but the website eays we MUST use their photographer. If we use their photographer, can we also hire an outside one?

Yes, you just can't use your own photographer for the parts of the day that take place in the parks. If your ceremony is in Epcot but your reception is outside the park, your photographer could shoot you getting ready, doing a first look, doing bridal portraits and the whole reception but not the ceremony.

Thank you guys! I am downloading the e-book right now, and I really appreciate the information. If I have my ceremony at an Epcot showcase, though, don't I have to have the reception there too?

Nope, you can have it anywhere you want on property. Our ceremony was in Morocco, but we had our reception at The Attic, at Disney's BoardWalk Inn. :thumbsup2

Yes, like Carrie said, our ceremony was in Italy and our reception was in ADH. I'll post some photos on your other thread later today.

Linda

and since you mentioned the Swan and Dolphin there are a bunch of us that are swan brides and we are more than willing to answer any questions. The S/D offers packages through a company called just marry.

The swan weddings are considered all inclusive and here is the link to explain http://justmarry.com/all-inclusives/ you will have to scroll down to find the swan packages.

We all love them the planners are amazing and we are all able to do some pretty awesome things. I am using my own photographer the whole time. Also swan brides can still get characters, do bridal portraits at all the disney resorts and if you want an in park photo shoot you can still get those through Disney's Fine Art Photography. So for instance this is my wedding:

Ceremony: Swan Crescent Terrace
Reception: Fulton's Crab House Downtown Disney
Dessert Party: Grand Floridian Marina Patio & Terrace (through Disney's catered events)
Room Block: Disney's group events
Photography: Randy Chapman
Officiant: Rev Tim Herring
Videography: STVS Video
Floral: Petals by design Orlando
Hair/Makeup: Beaute Speciale

So the only differences between me and a DFTW are the floral and the venues. Since I am S/D I cannot use the wedding pavilion or any in park places but I am using all places on disney property which rocks. I still get to have a dessert party and have a room block just like DFTW brides two of which were very important for me. I am also using the same photographer/videographer/officiant and hair and makeup that many DFTW brides use.

But to echo other posters you can only use outside video and photo if your events are NOT inside of a theme park. If they are inside then you must use Disney Photography and Videography

Hope this helps. Come see us in the S/D board it is at the top of this page of the wedding boards page

Teresa

and since you mentioned the Swan and Dolphin there are a bunch of us that are swan brides and we are more than willing to answer any questions. The S/D offers packages through a company called just marry.

The swan weddings are considered all inclusive and here is the link to explain http://justmarry.com/all-inclusives/ you will have to scroll down to find the swan packages.

We all love them the planners are amazing and we are all able to do some pretty awesome things. I am using my own photographer the whole time. Also swan brides can still get characters, do bridal portraits at all the disney resorts and if you want an in park photo shoot you can still get those through Disney's Fine Art Photography. So for instance this is my wedding:

Ceremony: Swan Crescent Terrace
Reception: Fulton's Crab House Downtown Disney
Dessert Party: Grand Floridian Marina Patio & Terrace (through Disney's catered events)
Room Block: Disney's group events
Photography: Randy Chapman
Officiant: Rev Tim Herring
Videography: STVS Video
Floral: Petals by design Orlando
Hair/Makeup: Beaute Speciale

So the only differences between me and a DFTW are the floral and the venues. Since I am S/D I cannot use the wedding pavilion or any in park places but I am using all places on disney property which rocks. I still get to have a dessert party and have a room block just like DFTW brides two of which were very important for me. I am also using the same photographer/videographer/officiant and hair and makeup that many DFTW brides use.

But to echo other posters you can only use outside video and photo if your events are NOT inside of a theme park. If they are inside then you must use Disney Photography and Videography

Hope this helps. Come see us in the S/D board it is at the top of this page of the wedding boards page

Teresa

LOVE this plan! We're looking at a now paddlefish wedding and reception with a dessert party at grand Floridian. Do you still have your final budget? Would love to see what the swan is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter