Disney website is terrible or is it just me?

bigredbeta

Why am I in this handbasket?
Anyone else find the Disney website just awful? Find it very slow, very glitchy, and there are a ton of annoying things I constantly run into - like having to consistently re-search dining reservations if I click on a restaurant to look at the menu.

I get that there is likely a lot of traffic, lots of databases to query and connect given that the MDE portion covers so much (dining, shows, FP, special ticketed items, etc), but it seems like other similarly high traffic websites (like any fantasy football site on a Sunday afternoon) would have similar sorts of requests.

I use chrome mainly, tried Firefox with slightly better results, but still leaves a lot to be desired

You have to remember when companies cut anything they have a bad habit of cutting IT afterall what does it really bring in? I an a Sr IT Analyst for the federal government and it really is a joke which is sad because a few years ago before they discovered that evil word outsourcing they had a great IT setup.

Yep it is awful to work with. MDE on the app seems better but the full page just takes eons to load, fails to take you back to where you were correctly if you go back a page and is just abysmal to try to use.

My browser almost crashing scrolling past all of your signature countdown links!
Have some more browser pain.

Anyway, got to brag about how much use I'm getting out of these APs somehow..... If it's any consolation, it'll be one less ticker in a week. :P

I had so much trouble even opening the ap this week, I deleted and reinstalled it. Seems a bit better after. I do better with accessing MDE on my iMac. I had a CM tell me on the phone this week that the ap was more for when you are onsite, that it was better to use the website to plan from home. I never knew that.

I had so much trouble even opening the ap this week, I deleted and reinstalled it. Seems a bit better after. I do better with accessing MDE on my iMac. I had a CM tell me on the phone this week that the ap was more for when you are onsite, that it was better to use the website to plan from home. I never knew that.
I see the app as the effective way to make ADRs and FP selections when the site is being a turd (like every morning at 7 am ET when you're at your 180 or 60 day mark).

I was on the WDW website yesterday and they must be getting a lot of website complaints because I received a survey asking me to rate my experience using their website.

Oh my gosh - just saw this after spending an hour trying to get an ADR (that happened to pop up even though when I booked was full). I finally got it and was so excited but followed by some anger on how bad the website is!

LOL, I haven't used the site since my last trip in 2016, it was awful then. It was awful for years prior to that too.
I can't understand how a company like Disney still can't get it's act together with it's website. It's almost 2020 for crying out loud.

Web s
LOL, I haven't used the site since my last trip in 2016, it was awful then. It was awful for years prior to that too.
I can't understand how a company like Disney still can't get it's act together with it's website. It's almost 2020 for crying out loud.
Website is fine.. maybe it's....

Anyone else find the Disney website just awful? Find it very slow, very glitchy, and there are a ton of annoying things I constantly run into - like having to consistently re-search dining reservations if I click on a restaurant to look at the menu.

I get that there is likely a lot of traffic, lots of databases to query and connect given that the MDE portion covers so much (dining, shows, FP, special ticketed items, etc), but it seems like other similarly high traffic websites (like any fantasy football site on a Sunday afternoon) would have similar sorts of requests.

I use chrome mainly, tried Firefox with slightly better results, but still leaves a lot to be desired
Yes, it’s terrible. Very slow. Finding when I search for resort availability it will show availability and when I click into room options suddenly no rooms available. I’ve also had issues with a resort in my cart, put in all info to reserve and then it would freeze up. Occurred many times. Called directly to get help and they said someone must’ve booked room while I was booking. Said this doesn’t make sense since it was in my cart and timer said how much time I had to complete check out. And I was moving fast. I’ve found booking Disney resorts to be very frustrating.

Yes, it’s terrible. Very slow. Finding when I search for resort availability it will show availability and when I click into room options suddenly no rooms available. I’ve also had issues with a resort in my cart, put in all info to reserve and then it would freeze up. Occurred many times. Called directly to get help and they said someone must’ve booked room while I was booking. Said this doesn’t make sense since it was in my cart and timer said how much time I had to complete check out. And I was moving fast. I’ve found booking Disney resorts to be very frustrating.

For my upcoming 3 day onsite stay availability only showed up day by day. So the days were all available for length of stay but you couldn’t book it that way. I had to call, and the CM had to get someone else to help him do a single reservation. What should have a quick booking took forever. I needed up booking the days before myself day by day while on hold so I cancelled them, AFTER he booked it over the phone. At least I finally got what I wanted, but it was frustrating and time consuming.

Could be your internet provider. Never had a problem.
For my upcoming 3 day onsite stay availability only showed up day by day. So the days were all available for length of stay but you couldn’t book it that way. I had to call, and the CM had to get someone else to help him do a single reservation. What should have a quick booking took forever. I needed up booking the days before myself day by day while on hold so I cancelled them, AFTER he booked it over the phone. At least I finally got what I wanted, but it was frustrating and time consuming.

Nope, the CM couldn’t book it either and trust me he tried and tried. He had to call someone else to get help booking a continuous 3 day stay in January 2020. Maybe Disney and I have the same internet provider??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter