Disney Website: I'm NOT going crazy!!

disneycrazzzy

DIS Veteran
I've been fiddling around with making a reservation for the August 8th 7-Night Western for weeks. Sometimes when I look the price is $4130 for a category 12 and sometimes it is $4230. The prices seem to come and go and I just thought it was my imagination.

I realized tonight that if I make the reservation with DS12 first and then DS15 I get the $4230 price. If I make the reservation with DS15 first and then DS12, I get the $4130 price. I've tried it six or seven times.

Try it!!!! Here are the specifics:

August 8th
7-Night Western
Category 12
1A2C (15,12) or (12,15)
Cruise Only
$4130 vs. $4230
at disneycruise.com

Does the order you put the children determine which one is considered the 2nd adult fare? and is there a different price between a 12 year old and a 15 year old? Seems bizarre to me. I think that must be it. When I make a reservation for 2A1C (12) the price is $4130. When I make a reservation for 2A1C (15), the price is $4230. I didn't realize that a teenager was more expensive than a 12 year old and I surely didn't know it made a difference which order you put them on your reservation. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

The adult fare on DCL start at age 13. But you have a second issue.

When traveling with one adult the order of the children can make a difference. The first two persons in a stateroom pay the adult fare regardless of age. Normally 13yrs and up pay the adult fare. By putting the 12 yr old first you are paying adult fares for yourself and the 12yr. Plus by virtue of age you are paying an adult fare for the 15yr.

When you put the 15yr old first you are paying adult fares for yourself and the 15 yr old. The 12 yr old is charged a lessor fare.

The adult fare on DCL start at age 13. But you have a second issue.

When traveling with one adult the order of the children can make a difference. The first two persons in a stateroom pay the adult fare regardless of age. Normally 13yrs and up pay the adult fare. By putting the 12 yr old first you are paying adult fares for yourself and the 12yr. Plus by virtue of age you are paying an adult fare for the 15yr.

When you put the 15yr old first you are paying adult fares for yourself and the 15 yr old. The 12 yr old is charged a lessor fare.

Wow, I figured the OP found a glitch. Good explanation and clever of you to figure it out!

Big Willie articulated well what I figured out over the course of writing my original post....

However, any decent application should be able to order the passengers in the logical manner to make the fare as cheap as possible....

I am a 25 year IT professional and this seems pretty basic to me.

Just thought others should know that if they are traveling with 1 adult and more than 1 child; that putting the children in order from oldest to youngest could save $100.

Yes, thankfully I played around enough to come to this conclusion before I booked.

My situation was a bit different. I had read on the board someplace to place both "children" in one cat12 and we would assure ourselves at least a cat11 upgrade (No idea why?) But when I did that I also assured myself a higher price! By placing my DS16 and DS6 in a cabin with my DH (cat12) and myself in a cabin with DD13 and DD3 (cat12 again) I came up with the lowest possible rate and yes, the room with DD13 is cheaper than the room DS16 is in for whatever reason and they are both considered adults?! crazy! And I even came up with slight variations by putting the DS6 and DD3 with opposite siblings in the other cabin?!

Whatever it is, I played and played until I got the lowest price arrangement figured out! $4,198.40 for two-cat12's for Sept 5th Western sailing! woo-hoo!

I have also read on this board once you are on ship, Disney does not really care where you sleep so long as it is in one of your cat12 paid for rooms. We shall have to wait and see about that one. I know we are not guarenteed cabins next to one another but hopefully they will at least be on same deck (again, no guarentee I understand) but I am betting Disney does it's best to accomadate families traveling together.

Still worth it for us to be able to go at these rates! And goes without saying? Keep checking! worked for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter