Disney Visa

PrincessBrideJo

Mouseketeer
Wasn't sure where to put this post, so I hope it is okay here!

I was just wondering how much rewards you get using this card? I would like to start saving up for our next vacation (just got back Friday...whoo hoo) and thought this would be a great place to start. We put about $1000 on our discover every month (we pay it off every month also) for the rewards so what would I get for that on disney visa? Am I making sense?

You get one disney reward point for each $100. Not a good deal but still. You can then pay for your room with any disney points.

Have fun!

So, if you spend $1000 a month, you'll get 10 disney reward points (dollars) each month. Occasionally they have special things like spend $50 at disneyshopping.com and get 5x the rewards dollars.

I also like my Disney Visa because there are perks you can get with the card. Sometimes the DL hotels (not sure about WDW) have special Disney Visa rates. Also, they currently have special photo meet & greets with the characters where you get a free photo. A few DL restaurants have a 10% discount for Disney Visa cardholders, 10% off a $50 purchase at World of Disney, free stroller rentals at DL, etc.

When you want to use your points, you order a Disney Rewards card (which I think you have to have 20 points/dollars on it) and it works just like a credit/debit card at Disneyland, WDW, DCL, disneyshopping.com, and Disney Travel. The card does have an expiration date (usually December of the next year, depending on when you order it).

You can instantly transfer more points to it at any time by calling them or online. I used mine on DCL for shore excursions & tipping. We went to Downtown Disney after the cruise and it was a day after my billing cycle, so I called them and they transferred the points I had just earned so I could use them that day. If you have any other questions, just ask.

i'd recommend the citi diamond preferred rewards card or the citi professional card over the chase disney card - i'd recommend comparing them with the disney card to see which is better.

chalee94 said:
i'd recommend the citi diamond preferred rewards card or the citi professional card over the chase disney card - i'd recommend comparing them with the disney card to see which is better.

Yep, we get like 3% cash back on our gas purchases with citi and 1% on all other purchases. However, I am signing up for the Disney Visa just to take advantage of the $50 credit and other perks. Plus, I want that oh so cutesy new Tinker Bell design! :blush: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter