Disney Visa Shopping Discount

Not based on any current offer. Of course, something new could always be released before your cruise date. There has never been a discount in the shops for those with Disney Visa cards.

The other thing to consider is that you don't pay with your Visa in the shops on board. Everything is charged to your KTTW account, which can then be tied to your Visa.

kcashner said:
Not based on any current offer. Of course, something new could always be released before your cruise date. There has never been a discount in the shops for those with Disney Visa cards.

The other thing to consider is that you don't pay with your Visa in the shops on board. Everything is charged to your KTTW account, which can then be tied to your Visa.

actually this is not true at all!!! I found this out two cruises ago! and the Gift shops are the ONLY exception! You can use ANY credit card that they accept or disney gift card in the gift shop to pay for your purchases. You do not have to use your KTTW card. The reason I found this out is because we do not link a CC to our KTTW card so we have a $300 ob charging limit (since it is considered a 'cash' acct) and I wanted to make a very large purchase in the gift shop. Anyway long story short, the Gift Shop manager told me just to bring my CC directly to the gift shop and they can run it thru their registers there. Worked Like a Charm!! Have done it ever since!! you can use your disney GCs in there too! you don't have to take them to GuestServices and apply them to your KTTW card if your are buying gift shop mds. DD used her visa GC and disney GC right in the shops!! This was on the Dream in 2011 and again in Nov 2012.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

It is true that you can use a credit card in the gift shops, but in the past that required calling over a manager and was usually reserved for large purchases of something that was being kept a secret from a spouse (therefore didn't want it to show up on the stateroom account).

I had heard that it was going to expand to all purchases, but didn't realize this had happened.

kcashner said:
It is true that you can use a credit card in the gift shops, but in the past that required calling over a manager and was usually reserved for large purchases of something that was being kept a secret from a spouse (therefore didn't want it to show up on the stateroom account).

I had heard that it was going to expand to all purchases, but didn't realize this had happened.
I don't remember the details of 2011 except that my total (not any one item) was going to be substantial!! We were buying a couple of Dooneys, some Chamilia charms, shirts, sweatshirts, a beach towel, a watch, scrapbooking stuff, multiple ornaments, vinylmations, pins....I did ALOT of Christmas shopping that cruise! So the CM wasn't sure what to do so she asked her boss and that's when he told me to just bring the card right to them.

on the my Nov '12 cruise, international CMs processed many transactions using my CC in the shops....sometimes it was between $25 & 50 and sometimes it was a bit bigger purchase...between $100 & 200. But they never had to go get anyone. As a matter of fact I spent quite awhile talking to the gentleman in charge (or at least one of them) of merchandising and the shops on the Dream in Nov. I think maybe his name was Brad, but he was a medium build very short almost crew cut style blonde haired gentleman from the States....very very nice guy!! We talked alot! IIRC he was from the west coast and wasnt a fan of the FL weather! LOL
Anyway, it is something that they do offer on the Dream. DD used her smaller GCs and it was SO NICE not to have to figure out if I 'owed' her $ back!! LOL!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Nov 2013 on the Magic in the gift shop I asked about Disney Visa discount and was told "no". I was able to make my small (under $50) purchase using my Visa rather than my on-board account with no problem and no manager had to be called over. I'd much rather have an individual credit card receipt for my purchases rather than have them included on my on-board account which had nothing charged to it other than the mandatory tips. Much easier to reconcile Quicken that way!

In 2012 I used my regular Visa card for purchases in the gift shops on the fantasy. They ranged anywhere from $10-$100 and had no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter