Disney Visa Onboard Credit

29apr00

Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!
I know that in order to recieve the on board credit, you have to make deposit and full payment with your Disney Visa.

The cruise is paid in full now, with the Visa. When we book the Vow Renewal, the cost is added onto the cruise fare. So does that mean we also have to pay that with the visa??

I think so. When I added the Romantic Escape at Sea, it had to be on the Disney Visa to still qualify for the credit. I had wanted to pay for it separately as a surprise, but couldn't do it.

If you book with a group rate, you don't get the on-board credit from the Disney Visa.

If you book a normal rate (say from the Disney website) and you pay for -everything- with a Disney Visa, you might get a $25-50 on-board credit.

Don't count on the credit, and be pleasantly surprised if you get it. :) I've always found group rates to more than make up $50 of on-board credit I don't get.

we are a few cabins shy of a group rate. Right now we have 5. We still have 16 months left to go, but i don't see any more guests being able to attend.

Now, if anyone here on the DIS would like to attend and we get a group rate, that'd be fine by me!! :lmao:

I booked two staterooms for my family through DU and paid the deposit with my DV and plan on using it to pay for the rest of the cruise. Do I have to do anything special to get the credit, or is it just automatic?

:confused3 I did mention it to my DU TA, and she said i would get it.

On the Disney Rewards Visa website it states:

4 Use your Disney Rewards Visa Card to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and receive a $50 onboard credit good towards merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and ask for booking code DCC. Offer must be requested at time of booking for new bookings only. The onboard credit is per stateroom for each stateroom paid in full with Disney Rewards Visa Card up to a maximum of 4 staterooms. Any unused portions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Ships’ Registry: TheBahamas. CST #1022229-50.

I reminded my TA to ask for the credit when I paid in full because I wasn't sure this was asked for when I paid the deposit. He sent me a confirmation that I received the $50 OBC when I got my paid in full statement. I did not get the credit until it was paid in full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!