Disney Visa Holders-Is it worth it to have card just for room discounts?

Apparently I've been doing this wrong, as I've been a card holder since day 1 (got the pin an everything) and I've never gotten a discount that beat the general public discount.

Unless you're a churner up against the Chase 5/24 rule, the no annual fee card is a no brainer.

Hi all! We have recently sold our DVC points and are transitioning over to cash reservations. I see that Disney Visa cardholders get offers for room discounts typically January-April and I am not currently a card holder. Are the deals worth it enough to sign up for the card? What discounts have you gotten on Deluxe resorts in last year or two?

Does anyone know if I can switch my card to the no annual fee? I have the annual fee one bc I didn't know about the referral code!

Does anyone know if I can switch my card to the no annual fee? I have the annual fee one bc I didn't know about the referral code!

Disney Visa doesn't have offers (right now) to switch from the annual fee card to the no annual fee card. If you aren't already disqualified by the 5/24 Chase rule, it would be better to cash in your rewards on the Disney Visa annual fee card, convert it to a Disney gift card and then close it out (but if you already paid the annual fee, maybe wait until a month before the fee would hit). Then, apply under a referral code for the $200 statement credit...there are people on Disney Pin Forum that have links available.

Last edited:

Apparently I've been doing this wrong, as I've been a card holder since day 1 (got the pin an everything) and I've never gotten a discount that beat the general public discount.

Same. Only thing it's ever done for me was allow me to book a discounted room a day or two before the general public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter