Disney Visa Card discount for dining question

Tormania

DIS Veteran
I can see on the following link that several restaurants offer a 10% discount if you use your Disney Visa Card for the meal. But would this work if you have the card linked through your Magic Band and pay with your Magic Band or would you need to pay directly with the card to get the discount?

https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/walt-disney-world-perks/

We've used the DDP our previous two trips so this was not an option we looked into before but for our upcoming trip we are not doing a DDP so curious if anyone has done this before and how it works?

Thanks!

I've always had to present my physical card to get the dining discount. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and I was only given it on meals where I gave them my physical Disney Visa or the rewards card.

I know you've mentioning the dining discount, which I haven't used in awhile, but the last few times I used the merchandise discount they made me use the card and could not use any other method (magicband or gift card). Just a heads up. I would plan for having to use the card as a worst case.

Correct, magic band linked to Disney Visa card will not work. The reason being, that does not automatically charge to your Disney card--it goes to a room charge account, on which your Disney Visa is just a way to guarantee payment but is not charged right away. People can go back to their hotel and pay with a gift card or a different credit card to get the discount without actually using a Disney Visa. You have to use the actual card at the point of sale.

Do you have to ask for a discount if you are paying with the disney chase card or does it just come off your statement?

Do you have to ask for a discount if you are paying with the disney chase card or does it just come off your statement?
We let the server know. One time several years ago at Boatwrights I forgot to mention it and the discount wasn't applied. The discount is applied on the check at the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter