Disney Visa 6 mos same as cash on trips?

runwad

Dis Veteran
Hey All, we booked a few nights on site for an upcoming may trip. I put it on my Disney visa and expected to see the deposits under special promotions? But they're not, they are in with all my other charges. Do they not do the 6 mos same as cash anymore on Disney trips? Thanks

It depends what/how you booked. Only packages qualify for the 6-months-zero-interest offer. Room only and/or separate ticket purchases do not qualify.

Enjoy your vacation!

Uh, really? I booked a room only. I just thought it was all Disney trips. I know when we booked our cruise it worked that way too. Oh well thanks for the clarification.

I guess a cruise is considered a package deal since it's (mostly) all-inclusive. Disney World, Disneyland, Adventures by Disney, Aulani -- the small print indicates "packages." From the Disney Visa website:

As an ongoing card perk, you get a promotional APR of 0% for 6 months on select Disney vacation packages, Disney cruises, Adventures by Disney® packages and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i vacation packages from the date of purchase with your Disney Visa® Card through the Walt Disney Travel Company, your travel agent or online at Disney sites. For new accounts, the standard purchase APR is 16.49% variable. Please refer to the applicable Pricing and Terms for details: Disney Premier Visa® Card pricing; Disney Rewards Visa® Card pricing. You will receive complete terms and conditions for this offer once you become a cardmember. For existing accounts, please see your Cardmember Agreement.

• Qualifying vacation packages include:
  • Walt Disney World® Resort vacation packages Disney vacation packages associated with an eight-digit reservation number purchased prior to the commencement of the vacation through the Walt Disney Travel Company, Disney Cruise Line, AAA Vacations, or online at DisneyWorld.com.
  • The Disneyland® Resort vacation packages Accommodations at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort or a nearby Good Neighbor Hotel booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, plus the Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Souvenir tickets.
  • Disney Cruise Line All vacation packages.
  • Adventures by Disney® All vacation packages.
  • Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai’i Room accommodation plus one product component: air transportation, rental car or ground transportation, insurance or dining. Excursions and spa treatments do not qualify as product components.

I have a Disney Visa.

Is it from the original booking date or the date I pay the vacation package off?

In other words, can I book today, pay the down payment on my Disney Visa and then pay it off 30 days before our trip and get 6 months from the date of pay off? Or is the date based on the date you book?

I have a Disney Visa.

Is it from the original booking date or the date I pay the vacation package off?

In other words, can I book today, pay the down payment on my Disney Visa and then pay it off 30 days before our trip and get 6 months from the date of pay off? Or is the date based on the date you book?

It's based on the date you make the charge to the card.

Yep, the date you make the charge to your card.
  • So today you make a reservation and give your Disney Visa card for the $200 deposit. You now have 6 months no interest on that $200 deposit amount -- it will be due in July.
  • In May you make a partial payment of $1000 towards your reservation, using your Disney Visa. That $1000 now has 6 months no interest, due in November.
  • Your final payment is due in August and you put that $2000 on your Disney Visa card. That $2000 now has 6 months no interest, due next February.
Each payment, as long as it is over $100, qualifies for the 6 month no interest. And each payment has it's very own 6-month cycle. They will be listed on your monthly statement, with remaining balance and due date for each.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yep, the date you make the charge to your card.
  • So today you make a reservation and give your Disney Visa card for the $200 deposit. You now have 6 months no interest on that $200 deposit amount -- it will be due in July.
  • In May you make a partial payment of $1000 towards your reservation, using your Disney Visa. That $1000 now has 6 months no interest, due in November.
  • Your final payment is due in August and you put that $2000 on your Disney Visa card. That $2000 now has 6 months no interest, due next February.
Each payment, as long as it is over $100, qualifies for the 6 month no interest. And each payment has it's very own 6-month cycle. They will be listed on your monthly statement, with remaining balance and due date for each.

Enjoy your vacation!
Do you have to call in to pay or will it automatically apply the 6 months if you pay online with your Disney Visa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!