Disney Vehicle Repair

Bell30012

DIS Veteran
I have to tell a story of our trip to Disney World in Florida. We were staying at the Pop Century resort and having a great time. We would eat our dinner meals off resort to save money.

On our way back to the resort my Suburban started making a horrid noise from up under the hood. It sounded like marbles rattling around in the engine.

Halfway joking when we got back to the resort gate I said, "Too bad Mickey Mouse doesn't own a garage." To my surprise the guard laughed and told me that he did. He swiped my room card and told me that someone would call on me within the hour.

Less than 30 minutes later we received a phone call and in a very short time (under an hour since came through the gate) our Suburban was picked up and taken to a AAA garage right outside of Magic Kingdom.

Since the next day was to be the day we were leaving we were very concerned. We had planned to check out in the morning. Megan (a cast member) extended our stay by one day at half-price.

While we had fun at Magic Kingdom the next day our vehicle was being fixed. One of the alternators had broken, not nearly as expensive as I was anticipating. The shop offered just remove the belt (as this vehicle had two alternators and could make it home on one) or to get the part and fix it right.

We elected to have them fix it. While I expected a Disney-sized bill, I was shocked. Including the part it was under $200! And to make it better our truck was sitting at the resort when we got done at Magic Kingdom that day.

The cost of the two tows? Zero. It is a service provided to resort guests. So now that I am planning our next trip, the question is which resort. Not offsite or on.

Just my two cents.

That is wonderful to hear. In fact that is the first time I have heard of this service. As silly as it sounds I got warm fuzzies when I read about it. :blush:

Figment's friends said:
That is wonderful to hear. In fact that is the first time I have heard of this service. As silly as it sounds I got warm fuzzies when I read about it. :blush:

Me too!

12 days till leaving for WDW!

You can see the car care center as you leave the MK parking lot. It will be on your right. Glad to hear you had such a good experience.

We blew a tire driving from Tampa to Disney in the past - Quite a frightening experience with 3 little kids and a lot of our belongings. My husband had made arrangements through the desk staff at the CBR to have the tire repaired and barely missed a minute of our trip. Can only say good things about this service!

Wow. That is great that everything worked out so well. It really is nice to hear the good things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter