Disney Vault?

Yassdvclb

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know of any expected upcoming releases of films from the Disney vault? Like within the next year?

Far as I can tell, the digital revolution basically made the vault meaningless. It used to mean certain movies weren't available anywhere. Now it just means that they release special editions of movies for a limited time. That's less vault and more what every other movie company does with popular movies they want people to buy over and over.

I mean, I could go online and buy every single Disney movie released in the US today if I had the money to do so. I remember in the 80s and 90s that wasn't possible.

http://www.dvdizzy.com/disneyreleasetypes.html Here is their DVD release schedule, and it seems pretty up to date. And if you ever miss the release you can find the movie on Amazon.com, ebay, craigslist, halfpricebooks.com, abebooks.com and similar sites.

Last edited:
Thank, I will definitely check that site out.

I have the Disney Movies app and am trying to add some more to my digital collection as they become available. I noticed several that I wanted showed a red banner and mentioned they were in the vault. I was wondering if there may be some upcoming releases.

I would try searching another edition. That edition release is over, but the movie itself should still be there in another edition. Or, maybe they just have the most recent movies on the app you are using. Some Disney apps aren't updated anymore, even though they are still available.

I use Disney Movies Anywhere and can find all the movies all the time. Some editions are limited and they say those are in the vault. But, a different edition of the same movie is available. I'd say check the website, because the app might be more limited. Then check to see if your app is updated? According to what I read (including on that website) The Vault stopped in 2002.

And if nothing else, the bluray/DVDs have a digital code these days. :)

I see several movies not available and considered in the vault -- Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, Lion King, Pinocchio,...

I was curious when these movies will come out of the vault as well. Everything I read is that they still cycle through a series of movies that are kept in the vault. The list is below, and Snow White is the latest to get released from the vault for a limited time. I am hopeful the next movie to come out of the vault is one I want. This practice has not ended yet.

The collection of vault movies currently includes:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pinocchio
Fantasia
Dumbo
Bambi
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp
Sleeping Beauty
One Hundred and One Dalmatians
The Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King

I still have to work on this some, and it might not be formatted, but will work on it later.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Theatrical Released 12/21/1937) Last Release: 11/02/2016 (Current)
Beauty and the Beast (Theatrical Released 11/22/1991) Last Release: 10/05/2010 Estminated Next Release: 10/07/2016
Bambi (Theatrical Released 8/13/1942) Last Release: 3/01/2011
The Lion King (Theatrical Released 6/24/1994) Last Release: 10/04/2011
Lady and the Tramp (Theatrical Released 6/22/1955) Last Release: 2/07/2012
Cinderella (Theatrical Released 2/15/1950) Last Release: 10/02/2012
Peter Pan (Theatrical Released 2/05/1953) Last Release: 2/05/2013
The Little Mermaid (Theatrical Released 11/17/1989) Last Release: 10/01/2013
The Jungle Book (Theatrical Released 10/18/1967) Last Release: 2/11/2014
Sleeping Beauty (Theatrical Released 1/29/1959) Last Release: 10/07/2014
101 Dalmatians (Theatrical Released 1/25/1961) Last Release: 2/10/2015
Aladdin (Theatrical Released 11/25/1992) Last Release: 10/13/2015
Pinocchio (Theatrical Released 12/21/1937) Last Release: 3/9/2009
Fantasia (Theatrical Released 11/13/1940) Last Release: 2010
Dumbo (Theatrical Released 10/23/1941) Last Release: Currently Available (70th Anniversary)
Alice in Wonderland (Theatrical Released 7/26/1951) Last Release: Currently Available (60th Anniversary)

Last edited:
I'm waiting for Peter Pan, Beauty & the Beast, Pinocchio, and Lady & the Tramp.
I always regret not getting the blu-ray of Pinocchio. I bought my DVD in 2009, and I thought about the multi-pack. I didn't have a blu-ray player yet, so I decided to save the extra $5 or $10 at the time. About two months later, I bought at PS3, and a month after that, I got a stand-alone player for my birthday.

Yea looks like those aren't available on the website. Probably between editions. At least you can get the movies somewhere now. Amazon has various versions, as does E-Bay. I have Disney Movie Club so will probably wait for whatever new edition is coming. That site I linked up there has the best news about which editions are released when. And yea I got a blu-ray player when I saw that getting the extended edition of Lord of the Rings on DVD was far more expensive then getting a blu -ray player and getting the movies on Blu ray. Tech moves on!

I'm waiting for Peter Pan, Beauty & the Beast, Pinocchio, and Lady & the Tramp.

You don't have much longer to wait for Beauty and the Beast:

Beauty and the Beast (Theatrical Released 11/22/1991) Last Release: 10/05/2010 Estimated Next Release: 10/07/2016

Where did you get the date? I just found out from the Disney Movie Club website that it's available for pre-order, but it didn't give a release date. And actually, that's an odd date because DVDs are typically released on Tuesdays and that's a Friday.

Where did you get the date? I just found out from the Disney Movie Club website that it's available for pre-order, but it didn't give a release date. And actually, that's an odd date because DVDs are typically released on Tuesdays and that's a Friday.

Ohmgosh! Can't wait! Thanks for the heads up!!

It was a date listed on a couple websites. Doesn't mean it is reliable. They indicated that typically the next release is in October. Not sure how they got the date. I am guessing it is just using the formula found on a couple websites, so it would be an approximation. That would seem logical, except they didn't use this same formula to approximate any other dates.

If it actually comes out on that date, I may need to use that site as more reliable than I even initially thought...

It was a date listed on a couple websites. Doesn't mean it is reliable. They indicated that typically the next release is in October. Not sure how they got the date. I am guessing it is just using the formula found on a couple websites, so it would be an approximation. That would seem logical, except they didn't use this same formula to approximate any other dates.

If it actually comes out on that date, I may need to use that site as more reliable than I even initially thought...

Well, I don't doubt October, especially since Aladdin came out in October last year. I just doubt Friday, since like I said, new DVDs typically come out on Tuesdays.

Saw that the 25th anniversary Bluray Target Edition of Beauty & the Beast is coming on September 20

I hope in the spring. Also 101 Dalmations is in the vault according to Disney Movies Anywhere. Log out of DMA on the browser and then go to 101 Dalmatians.

I think it may be going back in the vault soon, but it's currently available. (I'll concede though that I can't confirm what it says in Disney Movies Anywhere, since I already own it, so it doesn't say whether or not it's available.)

I think it may be going back in the vault soon, but it's currently available. (I'll concede though that I can't confirm what it says in Disney Movies Anywhere, since I already own it, so it doesn't say whether or not it's available.)
This is what appears in my end.
QnvWckA.jpg

I wonder if you just can't buy the digital copy by itself anymore then, because you can definitely still buy the DVD/Blu-ray/Digital copy combo pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter